Who has evacuated an attraction?

I evacuated from Dinosaur last year! We were nearly at the end, right as we were about to be transported "back to the lab", so we were on a steep downward incline, right underneath the final Carnotaurus animatronic. We were stuck in place on the incline for quite a while. Eventually, a CM came and asked us all to unbuckle our seatbelts for a reset (he didn't seem to realize that the family in the back row didn't speak English, and kept getting upset with them for not understanding what he was asking and he was honestly a bit rude about it).

After doing the seatbelt reset a few times, though, with the CM leaving and coming back a couple times in-between, whatever was supposed to happen still didn't, so eventually a second CM joined the first and they brought a stepladder and had us climb down from the car. Since we were on the incline, this was a little precarious, but we all got down okay and then just walked through the last section of the track to the ride exit. So we didn't get to go through any secret back doors or anything, since we were so close to the end already, but it did all look different once they had the emergency lights on in the tunnel.

They gave us extra FPs for any other rides in the park except the Pandora rides as we exited.

They didn't let us have cameras while we walked to the exit (even though we were on the normal route for the ride), but I did get a cool shot of the Carnosaurus hiding in the trees while we were stuck in place beforehand.

I already get embarrassingly spooked by this ride anyway (why am I afraid of animatronic dinosaurs?!?!) and being trapped in the car right under the final dinosaur attack for 15 minutes or so really didn't help. I kept looking up and feeling certain that the Carnosaurus was getting closer to us each time I saw it. :P

Dino.jpg

I was evacuated from Maelstrom. It was frustrating because we could see the end of the ride, but weren’t permitted to leave the boat until the water was drained (exposing the walking grid). Also, it made us late for our lunch ADR.

Imagination with Figment, in 2013. We were just past the knocking doors of laughter. Our ride was stopped for about 15 minutes until CM's asked us to disembark. We walked the rest of the way with all the lights on.

At DLR, I was at TSMM and was evacuated right as we were going into the last room. They gave us anytime fast passes and I think it was good for Nemo's Submarine Voyager (it was a brand new attraction).

Then on Indiana Jones (DLR), it stopped when we were about to go into the last room too. No evacuation, just waiting and sitting for a while and then when we got to the exit, they asked if we wanted to go on again. It was like, yay! :D

Tower of Terror. The cart was moving towards the front of the building for the first drop and it just stopped. They walked us all out to a regular elevator (no photos or video allowed). The floor was all mirrors so my husband was freaking out that I was wearing a dress. Uh, I'm pretty sure everyone is more interested in this unique view of the ride, no one is interested in peeking at my underwear!

Kali River Rapids, we sat in the sun staring at the landing bay at the end of the ride for about 25 minutes. Finally they had us climb over and through the two boats (tubes/ vehicles?) in front of us to get off!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter