• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Who has evacuated an attraction?

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
AF90E00F-41D8-4719-9562-BA08A0605ADB.jpeg My mom was at MK today with my sister and although EMH was fairly good times, she said there were a few attractions that were closed, broke down but then reopened. Then, she went on Splash and had to be evacuated. She uses a scooter so this was hard on her to get out but she made it lol

I was on TSM and had to be walked out. Ill have to look through my pictures tomorrow.

Last edited:
We were evacuated from the HM too. Coolest thing ever seeing it with the lights on. No photos allowed for us either.

Not at Disney World, but at Disneyland, have been evacuated from:
Rocket Rods (that's dating myself)

Splash Mountain (near the exit)

Monsters Inc. - DW had an ECV because she had hurt her ankle and the CM insisted on putting the ECV on the accessible vehicle that was coming through right when we got there. Well that didn't work so well as they normally space the cars out to allow for more time to load and unload. Well it broke the ride down, but in this case they couldn't just take us off, so they sent us around with a CM on the vehicle through the entire ride with the lights on, so that was odd. No photos or videos allowed.

Grizzly River Run - We would have been the next boat to get off when it broke down. Of course it was 115 degrees and we were left in the sun for about 90 minutes and they never even offered so much as water while we waited and we were litterally the last boat to get off. When we got off they were offering one FP, I pretty much lost it at that point, I mean 90 minutes in 115 degree heat and it was litterally 115 degrees and 90 minutes. They ended up giving me a comp ticket to bring a friend (back to Disneyland only because DCA was going to be too busy to give free tickets to, yes this was shortly after DCA opened), two free corn dogs from corn dog castle or whatever it was called at the time and two sodas.

Pirates - Again we would have been the next boat to get off, but we're stuck there for about 30 minutes and this was early in the day when lines would have been short for everything, so I politely asked for a recovery pass as they were called at the time, pointing out why and they did give one.

Space Mountain - This one was my fault, I just could not get in the seat right for some reason and they had already started sending the vehicle on, so we veered off to the left and used the stairs to exit. I felt bad about that one, but they also gave a recovery pass without me asking. That was the last time I tried the FP queue and instead use the wheelchair queue so I can have the extra time getting in and out in the future.

I am sure there are others at various points in time, but those jump to mind.

Had to evacuate Radiator Springs Racers. It was right before the big race and we walked basically the entire length of the indoor portion to get to an exit. When you got there the CM opened the exit door and the stairs/hall out looked like any normal building.

Made me realize just how much of the effects are influenced by proper lighting.

View attachment 396456 My mom was at MK today with my sister and although EMH was fairly good times, she said there were a few attractions that were closed, broke down but then reopened. Then, she went on Splash and had to be evacuated. She uses a scooter so this was hard on her to get out but she made it lol

I was on TSM and had to be walked out. Ill have to look through my pictures tomorrow.

We've been evacuated from Monsters Inc (DCA), Toy Story (DCA) and the former iteration of the now Incredicoaster (DCA)...I'm starting to notice a pattern here! :tongue:

Lights up and walked out of Pooh at WDW.

Did get to ride Toy Story again after some of the screens did not work, but not evacuated.

Just got seated & buckled into vehicle of Indiana Jones at DLR and ride was shut down, hadn't moved one inch but we were not released. We were 45 minutes delayed but at least we were seated. Took a great selfie shot with a bunch of strangers as we had many laughs during that wait.

Just reminisced in another recent thread how the boat between WL and CR broke down in the middle of the lake on our way to a CM breakfast.

Space Mountain - This one was my fault, I just could not get in the seat right for some reason and they had already started sending the vehicle on, so we veered off to the left and used the stairs to exit. I felt bad about that one, but they also gave a recovery pass without me asking. That was the last time I tried the FP queue and instead use the wheelchair queue so I can have the extra time getting in and out in the future.

I watched a shut down of SM at DLR play out a bit. A lady had brought "grandma" in a wheelchair to ride SM. However, getting grandma into the vehicle was simple enough with gravity assisting. But, because the ride vehicle is at floor level, grandma could not get herself up and out of the vehicle and the woman who brought her could not get her out either. Every train stopped and backed up behind her. The CM's were calling on radios. We just exited from behind her train and did not wait around for the final resolution and I was positive they did not need an audience. I just wasn't sure what their options were at that point? Did grandma have other family members that could come to the exit and lift her out? Were the CM's calling for the fire department to come remove her? I don't know, but does make you think about the logistics of the ride vehicles and the limitations of those riding. I would love to take my parents to WDW, I'm just not sure they could handle moving walkways and the like.

Splash Mountain near the end. We were the last car to evacuate. Sat there with the lap bar locked on us for almost an hour because we were in between a couple of rocks and they couldn't get to us.

We were evacuated from Pirates in 2015 & it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. We got to walk backstage & exit through a restricted area. AND we received FastPasses. Just walking backstage was a gift enough but an extra FastPass was a nice cherry on top.

We had to be evacuated from Pooh, but we were only 10 feet into the ride.
We were stuck on the track on Primeval Whirl for about 5-10 minutes. We had to exit the car and climb down the stairs.
I feel like there was another ride, but I can't think of it at the moment.

We were evacuated off of Pirates last year but we were the first boat just before the exit so all we had to do was step on the front of our boat and get to the landing...would love to have been further back to see how they do it!

Test Track in November. It was down I believe all evening after that so didn’t get to take my twin girls for their first ever ride on TT last visit to WDW. We were getting close to exiting the building-aerodynamics test interval.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter