Who else is on the May 10, 2003 Western?

Andy,

Thanks for the good wishes and for taking care of the photo. Got your e-mail this morning and didn't get a chance to reply - it looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NikSwims,

You'll be fine. The good thing is one you get to the port check in will be a breeze. You may miss the DISmeet, but I'll let them know. Kathy has your stateroom number so she can drop off the buttons for you. I'm hoping there is good weather leaving Chicago because that's where we are flying out of too!

24 hours from now we'll be sailing to Key West!

OK...all packed and ready to go....7:30 am flight out of JFK......gets us in a little after 10....perfect timing for the cruise line bus and then check in.....dis meet here we come....I am pretty much the last one out so I will put the lights out in the morning on our thread......cannot wait to start compiling our cruise board report for after the cruise....will not go on the computer on the ship....just have to stay away from the computer...the telephone.....everything that might have something to do with my job......great trip and great job everybody.....have a wonderful safe trip down.....see ya all at 3!

Tom

Tom,

Have a safe flight. I'm checking in one last time tonight but won't be on in the morning. I'll leave it to you to close the doors and make sure the lights are out :)

Of course maybe Andy will look after our thread while we are gone :)

DH is getting the internet package so I may log on once or twice

See everyone tomorrow at 3pm!

Originally posted by WDWLVR
Tom,

Have a safe flight. I'm checking in one last time tonight but won't be on in the morning. I'll leave it to you to close the doors and make sure the lights are out :)

Of course maybe Andy will look after our thread while we are gone :)

DH is getting the internet package so I may log on once or twice

See everyone tomorrow at 3pm!

Mary,

As long as I get some good photos off the port cam or two palms cam, I will post some of them here for you on Saturday.

Happy Sailing all you May 10th Cruisers!!!

Andy

Ok...5:45 a.m. on May 10th....our Magical sailing day...checked the lights.....closed the windows....and ready to go.....goodnight thread....we are going to Disney!
Tom

Originally posted by TChrist05
Ok...5:45 a.m. on May 10th....our Magical sailing day...checked the lights.....closed the windows....and ready to go.....goodnight thread....we are going to Disney!
Tom

"Bon Voyage!!!"

Let your MAGICal adventure begin!!!

The Magic at Port Canaveral Saturday morning May 10, 2003

62May_10__2003_The_Magic-med.jpg

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

HELLO From the Magic!!

We're here, everything's cool, look for a live report later on today :P

Originally posted by MarkRG
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

HELLO From the Magic!!

We're here, everything's cool, look for a live report later on today :p

Hey Mark,

Happy to hear from you so soon, will be looking forward to your report "LIVE from the MAGIC" I already have a few different photos of the Magic in port, early morning, mid morning, late morning. Will be watching at the sailaway hour as well!!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Andy

We're home!

I don't think I've ever been on a more perfect cruise (and besides the other 4 DCL cruises I've been on about 10 others as well).

The weather was awesome and there were lots of special surprises this trip. I'm going over to trip report board to do some write-ups.

The DIS meet was great fun. Great big thanks to Bonnie (BBGRIZZLE) for organizing the meet and making the special wrappers for the lifesavers.

KANGAROODLE (Kathy) made wonderful buttons for everyone. Thank you so much!

Verniebird (Mary Ellen) did a print out of who was on the ship - thanks this came in handy as I had left mine at home.

We also had the pleasure of being next to GFOLCHICK (Gina) and her family at dinner each evening. Thanks for sharing your time with us.

Sorry we didn't get to meet everyone.

Special thanks to Andy who wasn't on the cruise, but provided us with some great shots!

Mary,

You going to watch the Magic leave today, or is it to depressing after just returning home to watch it sail away again so soon?

Andy

Andy,

I meant to watch it leave, but was so busy writing trip reports and forgot! Not depressing at all. We had a wonderful cruise and I have no regrets. I look at the end of a vacation as a chance to look back at wonderful memories and to start planning the next. Unlike my MIL who was a major grump this morning :)

Next up for us is Disney in December.

Don't know when we'll cruise DCL again as we have tentative plans for Hawaii next year. I will definately stay on the board to see what help I can offer other cruisers hopefully to make thier cruise as great as ours.

Poor Mark is running a fever, I've got bumps on my arms (we forgot to put on the safe sea :( ), and I've got tons of laundry. The last week was all worth it. What a wonderful cruise!

PS - congrats on doing ghe double digit dance - it will soon be your time to cruise!

Mary,

I trust you and Mark are feeling better today!!!

Thanks for your reports, I read them last night, they were great!!!

Andy

Hi Everyone,
Missing your company and the boat already. Magic Kingdom was very hot and very crowded yesterday. We just got home (Sunday night), long delay on our return flight this morning. I want to go back, not ready for the real world yet.

It was really nice meeting everyone. Sorry some of you didn't make the meet.

Mark and Mary, it was nice talking with you over dinner, hope the kids didn't bug you too much.

Don & Jen, Bonnie & Brent, Kathy & Mark, it was a fun week. Wish you lived closer.

Gina

Hi Everyone!

It was a fun week aboard the Magic. It was great to finally put some faces with the names from the board. We are all home now and the 8 loads of laundry are done........... My daughter will go back to school tomarrow...........I had to actually cook dinner tonight! Reality bites! I want to be back on the cruise!

As usual I was teary eyed when we had to leave the ship and especially when we were walking to get our luggage and I said a final goodbye to our new friends, The Grizzles (Bonnie and Brent).

Gina, Jim, Jenn, Don, Bonnie and Brent.......it was a fun week. I too wish you all lived closer. Chicago is a fun town...come visit!!!

Mark and Mary.....maybe we'll see you at the NASCAR race this summer!

Thanks to everyone for making this vacation one to remember! "SEE YA" round the boards!! Kathy:(

Yes it is so sad to come back!
we had an awesome time!
It was nice to meet some of you. Kathy Mark, Mary, Bonnie
Gina- I think I was behind you in the avis line coming home
though I am bad with names, sorry I should have said something
I kept running into Kathy all week.
I am now a proud member of the DVC (Beach Club)
so we shall see where our next adventure takes us.

The food was great the service awesome
we had Julijano and Doneval for servers
Julijano is from croatia we have another croatian sensation
move aside sasha
love to do the eastern next.

see you all around the boards!

Lisa

Hey everyone! Well, back to reality- isn't it a bummer!? We were SO SORRY to miss the Dismeet- but we really thought we were going to miss the ship altogether with delays in Chicago. We ended up getting on board between 4:30 and 4:45 pm- we were in a panic all day long that we were going to get to the port in time to see the ship pull away! Luckily it seemed weather delayed many people's flights so we weren't the only ones running behind schedule. We had a great time and the Magic was beautiful, but boy we did miss the parks an awful lot! It was hard to get that close to the world and not get to see it! Next time, we'll have to do both.

We also had Deneval and Julijano as servers! They were fantastic! We also closed down the Dueling Pianos every night- Chris and Jeff were our favorite entertainment on board!! We sure do miss them every night already!

I'll have to head over to do a trip report, but should do at least a little work first! :p

Welcome home everyone.
We had a great vacation, but it's good to be home. We had so much fun meeting all of you. Strange how some of you we never saw again after the DIS meet and others we saw all the time!

Kathy & Mark, Gina & Jim, Jen & Donnie: It was fun hanging out with you guys. You are all so much fun! I hope we can cruise together again sometime. Kathy, we have to have another meet when we go to Chicago to see American Girl place and a baseball game.

Mary: It was fun running into you and Mark from time to time. You are so groovy! Thanks again for doing the sign.

Celinda: I wish we had run into you more often. It was fun talking to you at Cookie's BBQ.

Somall: Thanks so much for the pin. I never got a chance to thank you because I never saw you after the DIS meet! Heather loves it and Caitlin is very jealous. :)

Roger and Debra: It seems like we ran into you everywhere. Were you following us? :) Caitlin had some great times with Claire. Let's make sure they stay in touch. Roger, how did the reunion with your brother go?

We rebooked for October 30, 2004 Eastern cruise, but we may change it when the 2005 dates come out. We want to try the new cruise they are starting. Take care everyone.

Sorry to have missed you all. We decided to skip the Space Center because we were too tired from the redeye flights. So, we actually got to the ship around noon. Unfortunately, we all fell asleep and didn't wake up until the lifeboat drill. Maybe next time. We rebooked onboard for the 5/1/04 trip. Couldn't resist the $400 onboard credit for the two cabins... ;)

kangaroodle, thanks for dropping off the buttons. They were a hit with our kids! We had two other families traveling with us, and their kids were jealous.

Hope everyone had as MAGICal a trip as we had!

Hey all....all I talked about on the plane down to the cruise is that we had to be up on deck 10 at 3....got to our cabin at 1:30 and it was beautiful.....hung out....and fell asleep...woke up at 3:50....so I am sorry I missed you all.....thanks for the buttons....and could we have any better weather? It was the best cruise we were ever on....Disney Magic is alive and well....love the shows....the food....got our server we requested....stateroom hostess was wonderful.....could not do enough for us.....anyway...we rebooked for the May 8th Western of next year....and joined the vacation club too.....so now all I have to do is work and pay it off.....better than giving it to the doctors.....stay well all.....talk with you soon!
Tom

Hi everyone, wow what a great cruise !, The best thing besides the ship - the weather, to get 7 days in a row with no rain in May was unexpected but most welcome. It was great meeting eveyone, we did not stay at the deck party that long, it was just too hot for us notherners wearing jeans (no suitcases by that time). The one thing that made this cruise so great for us was this board and having our girls make penpals ahead of time, Allison made good friends with Haley and Stacy and Claire and Catlin were inseperable, I will make sure she writes to her Bonnie (she has already colored a picture to send). We did seem to run in to Bonnie and family the most , great people !! The reunion with my brother was great and a perfect end to a perfect week. Boy it is sure tuff to be sitting around MCO waiting for your flight home watching the DCL reps leading groups of people to the buses. Now it is time to work on buying a DVC, so next cruise I can say it cost me 75.00. By the way we knew we were home when we pulled in the driveway at 11:30 p.m. and it was 38F !!.
Don't know if i'll get a trip report out( the ones out there seem to have said it all), but i will get some pictures up in a week or so.

I did finaly win a silent auction , we bid on the framed ship print (with the castle in the sky) no one else bid on it so we won !! a great souviner. Speaking of prints did anyone from here buy the talking Nighmare Before Christmas print ? I noticed it was sold at the end of the week, cool print !!
Thanks again everyone !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter