Who else is leaving a beloved pet behind?

jlatina32

Mouseketeer
I started a thread like this over a year ago and I still feel guilty:guilty: about leaving my yorkie terrier. He will definitely be left in good care. My dad will be staying at our apartment so he stays in familiar surroundings. And I know my dad will take great care of my sweet doggy. Who else shares the same sentiments about their pets? What arrangements do you fellow Disers have for your pets when you head off to WDW?

We love our dog, but our 'regular' pet-sitter (my in-laws) came to WDW with us in 2007. So we kenneled him with a dog trainer he knows. It worked out fine. We're doing the same thing for our 2009 trip.

David

I am leaving my little pup behind as well, it actually breaks my heart to think about it and I'm even going on my honeymoon. She is going to stay with my parents, she has been there several times in the past and is very comfortable. My DH asked me if I was going to call my mom everyday while we were away and I started to say no, then I realized our puppy was going to be with her and told him I would at least call every other day.

Kidding, last time we went for 21 days I had my ex-husband come over and watch the cat. Ok just feed and scoop.....this time we have a dog too. We are taking him to a doggy day camp, and the neighbors will watch the cat.

Yes it is weird leaving them, and can only imagine how excited the dog is going to be when we get back. Then again, he has a 10 x 7 room he is staying in, a running yard and other dogs to play with. He may not want to come back with us :confused3

Seriously though, this day camp is costing us a fortune. But I don't want the dog in a cage until neighbors can come and let out and feed etc.

Whatcha going to do?

Jack, our 11 month old lab / fox hound mix, will be staying at www.wagsworthmanor.com for 7 days, I'm going to miss him but he had so much fun here over the holidays. A friend of ours is going to stop over to see Boo, the 8-year old cat, while we're gone.

I adopted 2 cats from a shelter last February. They were very skittish and scared for several months, and wouldn't even let us pet them. I don't know if they were abused, or maybe they spent their whole lives in that cage.

They are much better now, but as one will let my DH and DS pet her and lets me pick her up for about 5 seconds, the other will only sleep next to me and let me pet her. I feel bad because for the 7 days I am gone, she won't be petted at all. DS is watching them and will feed them, but I think they will miss me as they wait for me to come home at night at the window. :guilty:

AWWWWWWWWWWW!!! You guyz.......:lovestruc

It is good to know I am not the only one who baby's their pet. :love:

My babies (2 cavalier king charles spaniels 5 and 1) will be staying with our good friend and trainer at her house, which they love. I admit, I do call and talk to them- but only every other day;)

My cat will be home alone during the evening. She can come and go as she pleases as she has a cat door with a magnet lock.

I will have someone running the daycare while I'm gone. Hopefully, I can find someone that likes cats as much as children.

I know she will miss me for 15 nights. That's how she started sleeping with me-after the last trip to WDW.

We will be taking our 2 dogs Wilson (English bulldog) & Gracie (Shih-tzu) to the kennels. My sister will take our 2 cats (Daisy & Ginger) I do hate to leave them behind but they will be in good hands!!!

We are! We have a rottie and a scottish terrior. They are going to Grandma's house and will have a blast!! Grandpa takes them for multiple walks a day, they get to sleep on beds , sit on the couches and have grated parmesan cheese on their dinner every morning and night - none of which they get at home. Lets just say that we are usually happier to see them then they are to us ;) ;)

My wife's ex is taking the dogs (actually she is taking them there as I type this as we leave tomorrow morning) and our kitty will have the run of the house. A friend of ours will stop by each night after work to feed her wet food (she has a dry food feeder to get her by in the meatime) and give her some "luvin".

Miss Denali will be 11 months old when we're in WDW this year. She's been lucky enough to travel with us for Thanksgiving and for Christmas. But there have been a couple of times that we needed to leave her behind when we took our son to college. Once a week, I take her to a local "Doggie Daycare." So, we just change the name of it when she has to do overnights... "Canine Camp!" She loves it! She's got friends that she runs, and runs (and runs) with! By the time we pick her up, she's usually ready to "chill out" at home with us! LOL!
Here she is on her 6-month b-day:
IMG_0297.jpg

Oh Its funny I found this thread......I currently dont know who to leave my baby boy to....SunTzu is my 2 year old Shih Tzu and he has a very sensitive stomach and last time we went out of town we left him with friends, not a good Idea, had an upset stomach to say it mildly most of the time he was there....Now I have a trip to Disney in March and I am nervous, My Vet boards but UGH!! I just dont know, In My heart I know its the safest place incase he gets sick but still, I wish he could come with me and share in the Disney Magic.....Disney needs to do something about this already,lol.....

Wow! After many years of being on the DIS, I have never seen or cared about a thread like this.

We just adopted a rescue mini beagle this past July and I don't know what we are going to do when we go on a WDW vacation! We left her for only a few nights at a kennel that was referred to us for Thanksgiving weekend, and it took her several days to come out of a funk. She was shaking as we took her in, and I wanted to take her with us but there was no way she could really have stayed where we were going.

I don't know what we will do. :confused3

I hate leaving my baby as well... So I board her at Disney :)

I know not everyone can travel with their baby... I live in Tampa so I just bring her with us and she stays at Epcot for our vacation. It's great fun!! If you live in Florida and driving I would recommend it.

We leave two dogs behind when we vacay. One I don't feel too guilty about b/c she's very timid and prefers to be at home. The other LOVES going away and I feel so bad that she can't come with us. When we go weekending, we leave them here & a neighbor takes care of them for us. When we go for a week like this year, my SIL keeps them at her house. Then we keep her dog when they vacay in August.

We are having a house sitter/dog sitter for our 10 day trip. I am really nervous to leave our sweet old pound "puppy". He is almost 11 years old and although he is doing just great...I will still worry!

That is the only downside of our upcoming trip but my mom will be watching our baby. I do not even worry about her when we she is at my Mom's! Even though my baby has been kenneled most her life (she is a retired racing greyhound), I feel like those days should be over for her. Although www.wagsworthmanor.com looks impressive and it is just an hour away.

Well, I'm leaving DH and 2 DSs home :rotfl: (they're choice) so I guess I forget to think about our dog.

I feel slightly guilty about the people but I hadn't thought about the pup - probably because they'll be here for her.

Come to think about it, I might miss her most!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter