Who else has been given a room that reeks of weed?

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
Used direct to room to get our rooms at Pop Century yesterday. We have two and one reeks and the other does not.

As I walked into the room I thought maybe my wife and I had gone to Vegas instead of WDW.

We have two adjacent rooms in a great location so I am hoping that the smell dissipates as quickly as it does in Vegas.

Go to the front desk as soon as possible and inform them of the odor. You don’t want to get blamed for the problem when your trash is emptied and the CM thinks it is you.
Agree! When we stayed at CBR years ago and our room always smelled of cigarette smoke due to a smoker 2 doors down. I talked to the housekeeping supervisor to let her know it was not us. Could not move because the resort was full.

We've had that happen in one of the All Stars. I'm thinking now it might not have been weed but just the musty odors because those rooms were old. Either way, we just dealt with it.

Happened to me at Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim... I walked in and immediately walked out first entry as a guest. Reported it to front desk in lobby and of course they came upstairs to meet me outside of the door in hallway and immediately started questioning me as if I was the guilty person... Got a different room. No upgrade! Added insult!
Report it . I think it is a $250 fine

Smell had dissipated by the second day, just like Vegas.
I’m glad the smell has gone away so you can enjoy the rest of your trip. I’m currently at Pop as well with the same issue. I sprayed Lysol everywhere, on the curtains, air vents and even on the walls. The smell in the room went away, but not in the bathroom. I’ve smelled musty odors at All Star multiple times and this is definitely weed. I will follow everyone’s advice and tell the front desk so I don’t get blamed for it. I’m surprised that housekeeping did not notice. The smell was strong as soon as we opened the door that we contemplated requesting a room change, but assumed the Lysol would fix it.

I’m glad the smell has gone away so you can enjoy the rest of your trip. I’m currently at Pop as well with the same issue. I sprayed Lysol everywhere, on the curtains, air vents and even on the walls. The smell in the room went away, but not in the bathroom. I’ve smelled musty odors at All Star multiple times and this is definitely weed. I will follow everyone’s advice and tell the front desk so I don’t get blamed for it. I’m surprised that housekeeping did not notice. The smell was strong as soon as we opened the door that we contemplated requesting a room change, but assumed the Lysol would fix it.
WOW!

Guests must be mistaking the name of the Resort as Pot Century!lol :)

Wow! We were there two weeks ago at CBR and the smell of cleaning products hit us directly in the face as we opened the door to the room. Is it possible a neighbor was smoking and the smell seeped in? If the prior occupant had been smoking, I would have suspected that Housekeeping would have reported it and done a deep clean that would have mostly removed the smell. Or even if they didn't do all that, the cleaning they should have been doing in between guests should have masked the smell for at least a bit.

Wow! We were there two weeks ago at CBR and the smell of cleaning products hit us directly in the face as we opened the door to the room. Is it possible a neighbor was smoking and the smell seeped in? If the prior occupant had been smoking, I would have suspected that Housekeeping would have reported it and done a deep clean that would have mostly removed the smell. Or even if they didn't do all that, the cleaning they should have been doing in between guests should have masked the smell for at least a bit.
It was more likely due to Covid procedures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter