Whispering Canyon?

sqpcsqpc

Mouseketeer
Is Whispering Canyon a good choice for kids? Is it worth the boat ride over from MK? We have an ADR their for our trip next week and was wondering people's thought's. Thanks in advance.

We took our kids when they were younger and they loved it!! Yes it is a great choice for kids! I think it is worth going to.

I think it is a good idea. It is a fun place to eat. DS & I ate there last fall and enjoyed it very much. He was 15, so not as much fun for a teen as a younger child. The food is fine, but not the greatest. I'm glad we ate there, and we also enjoyed a quick wander of the Wilderness Lodge, which is stunning. I think it is a great option for an MK day.

We took our 5 and 7 year old boys there and they enjoyed it. Fun to see the antics, we chose not to participate though. Love watching what happens if you ask for ketchup! The resort is beautiful to see as well!

I'd say its as good as anything else for kids who just want to be in the parks and not eating anyway :-)

We went for dinner last fall and the kids thought it was fun. However, we went there for lunch this summer and it was a totally different experience. We didn't have any of the fun antics we had our first time. Our waiter took our order and then we really never saw him much again. It was so disappointing.

if you go in the busier time it is a fun place to go. We have also gone for a late lunch and thought the food was really good but they did not do any of the antics like they did the last time. Either way the food was good and it is a place I would go back to again.

Our five year old grandson loved dinner there. He liked the antics including the horse races. :)

We took our 5 and 7 year old boys there and they enjoyed it. Fun to see the antics, we chose not to participate though. Love watching what happens if you ask for ketchup! The resort is beautiful to see as well!

You took a 5 and 7 year old and did not let them ride the ponies?

2 years ago we went and the kids loved it. We are going again this thanksgiving, but I can't seem to get reservations. Not to mention trying to get a reservation for 9 is nigh on impossible.

I've not been back here in a few years and we are also considering it again for next year. The thing is I'm quite picky with meat and only eat chicken....would they just do a chicken platter maybe, if I asked nicely? I remember how delicious the milkshakes are and the desserts look lovely.

My son (8) loves Whispering Canyon and is one of a short list of places he asks to go back to each trip. Definitely worth the boat ride, which is actually a nice little thing on it's own.

It's on our Disney must do list. Boys are now 11 & 13, fun for all ages though. Really like the food platter selection. Also love, love, love how boat ride literally docks at front door of Magic Kingdom.

We ate there in August and my boys loved it (ages 11 and 9). Make sure to ask for ketchup!
IMG_1458.JPG

We ate here two weeks ago and had the greatest experience! We had a 1:20 ADR, so it wasn't super busy, but one of the waitresses started joking around with my husband - I've never laughed so hard in my life.
He has a very long beard, so she announced that there was a celebrity from Duck Dynasty in the house and she couldn't wait to get his autograph! Then she noticed he had on a Duck Tales t-shirt, and just took her teasing to the next level. Every time she walked past our table, she'd say something to us, then she'd walk away saying she was going to get his autograph for her grandmas fridge. It was fantastic. So, when we left my husband signed a napkin made out to "grandma" for her!

My daughter (5) had brought her Duffy bear with her, the waitress took him and brought him back out in a high chair! I highly recommend this restaurant! They did a cute little hobby horse race for the kids while the adults had to swing their napkins in the air.

We went in October and it was our favorite of the entire trip. Food was delicious and kids were very happy.

The amount of interplay you get is impacted by your own desires to some extent, but largely is fueled by the server you get. Have gone three times and despite playing along with our server (once with my wife's birthday involved), we've never personally experienced much in the way of hi jinks as none of the servers were of a mind to do so. We did enjoy the others around us to some degree. Further, the food is standard fare, about what you can get in any halfway decent barbecue/burger joint. However, despite the all-you-care-to-eat approach, it's not an inexpensive meal. Still, for kids, I suspect they would enjoy it, and as another mentioned, the boat ride could actually be part of the grander experience.

We are going for lunch in a few weeks. My mom and 3 adult children. I would love some shenanigans! If I ask for ketchup (I'm 27), will I get a million bottles delivered to me? Or does that just depend?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter