Whispering Canyon?

We are going for lunch in a few weeks. My mom and 3 adult children. I would love some shenanigans! If I ask for ketchup (I'm 27), will I get a million bottles delivered to me? Or does that just depend?
You should as long as your server yells out to the restaurant that your table needs ketchup. It's not usually as busy at lunch as dinner so that could make a difference depending on how many tables are already full and have ketchup. Have fun and enjoy!

If you check out the menu and the kids can find something on it that they would eat, you should definitely go. Here's why:

1. You get to take a break and ride the boat over. I think it's relaxing and it doesn't feel like a wait as much as riding a bus does. On a nice day, it's fun!
  2. The waiter's we have had in the 5 times we have been there are always fun. Each time we go there is a new gag and we laugh so hard our bellies hurt.
  3. Just a fun story. My daughter lost her tooth at the Whispering Canyon a couple of years ago. The waiter yelled out, "This kid lost her tooth. Are there any tooth fairies in the house?" People came from all over the restaurant and dropped change on the table. She was over the moon (and came away with over $4 before she even put the tooth under her pillow). That memory is pure magic.
  4. The food, in my opinion, is actually GOOD. It looks good, it tastes good, it doesn't take forever. They care about your needs.
Really, when you're looking for a good time, but don't want to fear that a trip to the buffet will ruin your chances of meeting a character, this is just what the doctor ordered.

Agreed with PP that the boat ride is nice and relaxing. Nice different view of things like the Contemporary, lots of birds, kind of gets you in the mood for a place like WL. And, to join the chorus, WCC is great for kids! My DS10 loved it!

We had a great time there with kids. Even got 13 yr old DS at the time to participate in ketchup! Hopefully you will get s good server - maybe let them know when you check in that you'd like to participate in the fun, and they can seat you in the main area. Ask for ketchup of course, also extra straws and napkins, and for an extra large glass if water. They may have the horse races as well. Milkshakes are yummy - more of a dessert - and the lodge is beautiful to see and it's a nice boat ride over.

We went there on the spur of the moment in September for lunch and will definitely be back! Our waiter was fantastic and definitely into it, so that may have helped. I drank my soda pretty quickly and, without asking, my waiter brought me a refill. Just slapped it down on the table and said "here, maybe this will last you a minute so you don't have me running ragged". It was a giant mason jar, like a jar you would buy bulk pickles in. Hilarious! And he was right; I didn't need another refill! I actually asked for a to-go cup, and it took three cups to empty it after I had been working on it throughout the meal. Loved it and will be back for sure!

It happened to me, and I'm a lot older than you, knlasv! As so many others have said, the server makes a difference in the experience, but they all are pretty adept at the hijinks, based on our experiences there.

It's worth it. The waiters/waitresses make the experience. The food isn't bad either. Go and have some fun!

Good experience for kids. Food is pretty good and they have large portions. Definitely worth the boat ride from the Magic Kingdom since you get to explore a bit of the Wilderness Lodge as well.

We were looking forward to going ~ and didn't like it at all. We thought the food was just just okay, and the sarcastic waitress was actually annoying. We love Disney humor, but don't think being sarcastic and mouthy is funny, particularly with kids. And are we the only ones who don't want 15 bottles of ketchup dumped on the table? Seriously why is that funny?

We had fun there when our girls were 9. The food is nothing special ( we are from Texas) but it was fun. My husband asked for more water and they brought him a gallon jar of water. It's just silly fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter