Whispering Canyon or 'Ohana?

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
'Ohana has been a staple meal of ours on every trip, but for this next one I want to try some new places. That said, DH still needs his meat fix :lmao: We've never been to WCC, how does the skillet/platter at dinner compare to 'Ohana?

WCC is my least-favorite TS restaurant out of all the ones I've been to. The food is awful (my meat-loving husband hated it too), it's incredibly loud, the service was poor, and the ketchup thing is beyond irritating to me. So yes... I vote 'Ohana.

WCC is my least favorite. Ate there once while staying at WL, and was not impressed. our server was great, and the food was fine, but not what I expect for a TS at Disney.

We only went once to Whispering Canyon so maybe I should not judge it by the one experience (but I will :rotfl:) - we really disliked it. The food was not good, it was FAR too loud and we felt like we were being "rushed". We won't go back. Not worth the price at all............

We like Ohana very much - better food, more relaxed pace and good service.

I would of said yes to WCC 2 years ago but the changes to the entree and dessert menu have been for the worse. So ohnana for the easy yes.

See, we are two adults with no kids and really enjoyed Ohana. We had a 7:45pm ADR so it wasn't terribly crowded. We got a really nice two seat table in front of the fireplace near the back of the restaurant. Our server had good intuition and knew that we were not into the antics, so we got about 40 straws when we asked for a straw and that was the extent of it. Our food was good and my picky BBQ loving fiance liked it as well. We're going back in November.

We have only done breakfast at Ohana, but found it really expensive for the small amount of offerings and found the service to be slow.

Trails End at the Fort Wilderness Campground?

It's an all you care to eat feast with great food and lots of meats and it is less expensive than WCC or 'Ohana. We go there as often as we can for both breakfast and dinner...the fried chicken and ribs are delicious :)

Trails End at the Fort Wilderness Campground?

It's an all you care to eat feast with great food and lots of meats and it is less expensive than WCC or 'Ohana. We go there as often as we can for both breakfast and dinner...the fried chicken and ribs are delicious :)

Another vote fir Trails End... As far as we're concerned both WCC and Ohana are plain awful...

Another vote fir Trails End... As far as we're concerned both WCC and Ohana are plain awful...

Another vote for TE... we've done WCC and for BBQ food, it was awful. TE has phenomenal BBQ food but it is a buffet. Perhaps you're looking for table service.

If you are looking for a change from O'Hana, I go along with the votes for Trail's End. We did WCC last November and we were not impressed at all. With so many other good restaurants at WDW, we will not be back at WCC for a long time. Since they changed the menu, it was not that good.

If you want to eat at the Poly, you may also may want to try Kona.

Ohana was our family's must do but after this last trip we're done. They keep taking away what we love about it. First pineapple and caramel, ok we can live with that. Then the rice and the green beans, ok we'll still go. Grilled Turkey, ok now I'm not so happy. Final straw salad with Honey lime dressing. The salad they give now has papaya, mandarin oranges, and lettuce with passion fruit salad. Not a fan. I asked what other dressing they offer, they said they could get some from Kona ranch, blue cheese and Italian.
I know it sounds stupid but it was a simple salad I loved, would eat a whole bowl by myself especially after a hot day. So it's one less family booking Ohana.

I could be wrong but I think of Whispering Canyon on par with Kona Cafe and Artist Point as the Ohana Equivalent.

Either way, Ohana seems better. Seems like it would be a not-quite-as-nice version of Fogo de Chao. I love that place.

We ate at WcC last January and loved it! We almost cancelled our ADR and I am so glad we didn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter