Which way to Disneyland? TR (comparison update 7/26)

I love your comparisons because its just the simple things. Not which one is "better" than the other, but the small differences. :goodvibes

I just got back from doing the City Pass tour of SoCal (we got back into town at midnight last night). Your advice and tips really did help me. I didn't feel safe at Universal. And it was so dirty. :eek: It brought me out of the Disney bubble. We actually didn't spend much time at Disneyland and CA, unfortunately (seriously, in three days and an early admission all we did was 9 rides...and that's counting all the times we rode the same rides).

As for the zoo and Sea World, it was definately a different experience for me because I haven't been there since I was very young and I could walk past some random things and all of a sudden just remember being 4 and doing the same thing. :cutie: The trip itself was not magical in the least due to a few of the people I was traveling with. :scared1:

But thanks for all of your tips cuz they really did help! I'm gonna hop over to your PTR now.

Hi, I just now read your trip report for this trip as well as your one from WDW. This may have already been answered, but I wondering, you were celebrating your daughter's birthday in September in WDW, and then again in May in DL? Did I miss something?

Ha, ha!:rotfl: You are the first to notice this.:thumbsup2

When we booked our Sept. 2008 trip to WDW we had originally priced a trip in May and the prices were much higher. We decided we couldn't go that time of year. We had NO IDEA we'd be going to DL in May. Our very first trip to WDW the year before 2007 had been over older DD's birthday and we really wanted to do the same for youngest DD. So, we ended up booking the Sept. trip just before DD's 4th birthday and decided that we couldn't go exactly on her birthday but that the trip is a present for her birthday. (If that makes any sense.) So, yes, we did reserve that great experience at Coral Reef so that she'd really feel like the trip was purchased for her birthday. We would not have done this if we had any idea we'd actually be in DLR for her birthday. At that time we were new Disney fans and really had no idea we'd be returning as much as it's ending up to be. Thanks for asking, and reading.;)

So far the comparisons are GREAT! I do hope the new Space Mountain will be a side by side with music like the one at DLR. Hopefully it will be open when we get there in December. :thumbsup2

Great TR! You have a lovely family!
I am trying to read up on DL with TRs - mostly looking for those from WDW vets who went to DL because that's what we will be come Nov!
Love your comparisons with pictures.
What did you think of the Matterhorn - I think you said that you rode this? I am a ride chicken but love BTMRR - hoping that Matterhorn is similar.
I have never been on Space Mountain in WDW - mostly I have chickened out with the dark and the single seats (not able to sit next to DH), and last time we were there it was closed for the refurb. With DL's version having the double seats I am wondering if I can do it??? I usually prefer to see what's coming (esp. hills) - is it so dark that you can't tell what's up next?

Great TR! You have a lovely family!
I am trying to read up on DL with TRs - mostly looking for those from WDW vets who went to DL because that's what we will be come Nov!
Love your comparisons with pictures.
What did you think of the Matterhorn - I think you said that you rode this? I am a ride chicken but love BTMRR - hoping that Matterhorn is similar.
I have never been on Space Mountain in WDW - mostly I have chickened out with the dark and the single seats (not able to sit next to DH), and last time we were there it was closed for the refurb. With DL's version having the double seats I am wondering if I can do it??? I usually prefer to see what's coming (esp. hills) - is it so dark that you can't tell what's up next?

I think it's less scary in the dark. I don't feel like any of the SM hills are that bad (and I am terrified of roller coasters in most theme parks). Maybe I would feel different if I saw them with the lights on. Maybe it's my equillbreum (?sp) because on Rockin Roller Coaster in WDW I never knew we went upside down through loops a few times until someone told me. And that was after I had ridden it several times! I am all for dark coasters!

I'll jump in her as a DLR vet and a multiple visitor to WDW. :goodvibes

Matterhorn is similar to BTMRR but rougher. If you don't like riding in the dark make sure you ride during the day as there are parts of the Matterhorn where you are inside the mountain and it can be fairly dark.

SM-is dark inside. But if you can sit in the front car, front seat you can usually see the tracks (at least a little bit) to see what's coming. But it is dark, just so you know.

I enjoyed your WDW report and have just read your DLR report. We are considering a November trip to So. Cal--my DH's aunt and uncle live in Long Beach and would love for us to come out. It was very interesting reading your comparisons. I will have lots of research to do if we do get to go!

Hey! Joining in late, but I am here! :goodvibes
Now, off to catch up! :)

Just like to say - loving your trip report - it's of particaular interest as you went this year at the same time we will be going next year. Have you been to WDW at this time of year as well - we have and I was hoping that DLR would be a little quieter - it will be our first trip to DLR.

Notsoevilstepmother - you have me a little worried about Universal Hollywood now about not feeling safe - I read the OP's experience and hoped this might be a one off but I wondered what your experiences were? We are also big fan of Universal in Orlando and looking at the attractions, it looks likes most of our favorites are covered in Hollywood and therefore a 'must do'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter