Which way to Disneyland? TR (comparison update 7/26)

I finally caught up on all your installments and just wanted to thank you for sharing such a fun trip! Love the new pix w/the balloons effect!

Thanks again! :goodvibes

What a great report. I loved reading your comments and seeing the pictures. I'm glad you had such a good time, and even if your dh couldn't go, what a special time to spend w/your mom!

Thank you so much for your trip report - I have enjoyed it so much. It looks like you all had a lovely time! :)

Great Trip Report...can't wait to hear your final thought/comparison of DL and WDW.

And I am bopping over to your PTR now....that sure is the way to do it - starting a PTR before you even finish a current TR!;)

Awwww!! The fireworks sound wonderful! Sooo sad that your TR is ending but I'll be subscribing to your PTR. Can't wait to hear comparisons!!

I finally caught up on all your installments and just wanted to thank you for sharing such a fun trip! Love the new pix w/the balloons effect!

Thanks again! :goodvibes

Thanks for reading along. That is a good photo effect isn't it?

What a nice end to your trip with the fireworks...

ok going over to find your new PTR :cool1:

It was the perfect little touch of Disney for the end of our trip.:goodvibes

What a great report. I loved reading your comments and seeing the pictures. I'm glad you had such a good time, and even if your dh couldn't go, what a special time to spend w/your mom!

You are right. It was a special time.

Thank you so much for your trip report - I have enjoyed it so much. It looks like you all had a lovely time! :)

Thanks so much for reading along.:goodvibes

Great Trip Report...can't wait to hear your final thought/comparison of DL and WDW.

And I am bopping over to your PTR now....that sure is the way to do it - starting a PTR before you even finish a current TR!;)

Thanks for reading along again.:thumbsup2

Awwww!! The fireworks sound wonderful! Sooo sad that your TR is ending but I'll be subscribing to your PTR. Can't wait to hear comparisons!!

It's been a fun journey! Can't wait to read the rest of your TR.:goodvibes

I'm sorry this TR is ending, it was so much fun seeing DL in through your eyes but SO EXCITED to read your upcoming Christmas PTR!:thumbsup2 We were there in 2008 at Christmastime :santa:and we just LOVED it!!!:love:

Awe so sad when the TR is almost over.:sad1:But at least you have this new trip coming up.

I can't wait to read how you compare DW and DL. DH wants to go to DL, but for now I can wait. The flight alone would be all day from RI to CA and I don't think my little one could handle that yet.

I'm sorry this TR is ending, it was so much fun seeing DL in through your eyes but SO EXCITED to read your upcoming Christmas PTR!:thumbsup2 We were there in 2008 at Christmastime :santa:and we just LOVED it!!!:love:

Yep, I've been re-reading through some Christmas trip reports! So fun! I was just reading through yours again last week. You had such a fantastic time! I can't wait!

Awe so sad when the TR is almost over.:sad1:But at least you have this new trip coming up.

I can't wait to read how you compare DW and DL. DH wants to go to DL, but for now I can wait. The flight alone would be all day from RI to CA and I don't think my little one could handle that yet.

I wouldn't enjoy a long flight with or without children so I see your side. It might be worth waiting until your little one is a little older since it sounds like you will not visit there regularly. Thanks for reading along.:goodvibes

Well there is so much to compare between WDW and DLR that it's a little overwhelming. I've decided to break up this comparison over a few updates or I probably will never do it. Hope that's okay.

First I'll do some photo comparisons.

Disney World Depot
image069.jpg

Disneyland Depot
174.jpg

In Disneyland there is no elevated area for them to come out and do an opening ceremony like at WDW. We really enjoy the opening ceremony at MK!

You can also walk right past, very close to this area without actually entering DLR. You pass right by this on your way to DTD in California. DLR is on one side and California Adventure is on the other. The close proximity of everything is a HUGE plus for Disneyland!

Next the castles

Cinderella's Castle
image330.jpg

Sleeping Beauty's Castle
Image156.jpg

Hmmm? As far as size WDW wins hands down. DLR version is beautiful in it's own right and is Walt's Original.

We've been "inside" both castles.

Disneyworld has Cinderella's Royal Table.
DisneyWorld2008101.jpg

DisneyWorld2008102.jpg

There is even a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in the WDW castle!
IMG_0704.jpg

Disneyland Castle has a very neat walk through with 3-D visuals that tell the Sleeping Beauty story.
DSCN0184_2_0263.jpg

DSCN0185_1_0262.jpg

Let's do a couple attractions!
Splash Mountian WDW
11-27-200883342PM.jpg

Splash Mountain DLR
210.jpg

We definitely prefer the double seats at WDW. I was too worried about holding onto DD5 from behind in DLR. The ride itself is very similar but I think WDW's version is a little longer with a few more visuals.

WDW Space Mountain!

DisneyWorld2008157.jpg

DLR Space Mountain!

240.jpg

238.jpg

This is soon to be outdated as WDW's version closed for refurb. Can't wait to see how it turns out! Obviously the DLR was much better than WDW's former version. Not just the double seats. The music, smoother slightly more thrilling track, awesome visuals!

I read somewhere that some don't believe WDW's version will still be the caliber of DLR because they do not believe the scheduled time for refurb is enough to make all those changes. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.:confused3

DD5 was not tall enough to ride Space Mountain in WDW but in DLR the height restrictions for their version was shorter so she was able to ride there. Will be interesting to see if WDW's height restriction changes.

Stay tuned for more comparisons to come.:cool1:

Loved your TR!! Ending up reading your WDW 2008 TR as well. Never really thought of heading there but we may have to try it someday.

Wondering if you would mind sharing where you bought the girls Matching Minnie Mouse dresses?

Thanks,

Beth

Loved to read the differences! I did not realize how similar they both are. It is so interesting to me considering that I will not make it to DLR any time soon b/c I live across the country;)

Great comparisons. Love all your past pics. We had that same Cinderella at the Castle, I wasn't to crazy about her...:rolleyes1 I see you started your PTR for the December trip, I'm heading over to check it out now! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter