Which summer month would you choose?

Mercy

<font color="blue">never been tagged ... until now
Hi,

If this is on the wrong board, feel free to move, I wasn't sure where to post.

Was wondering which summer month you would choose and why? Also, which week in that month? Want to plan another trip next summer, was thinking either June or August, but not sure which one?

August is tooooooooooooooooo HOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!! for me anyway.
We went in June and it wasn't as hot as it is now....
Good luck and you'll have fun any time you go!

(We just got back this weekend for a quick trip and it was extremely hot but the water park was fun! )

Holycow

I have literally gone every summer for 15 years. I use to love August. We just returned from the Poly 8/10. I will not be going back again in August. The Parks are all closing early and the MK was way too crowded and unpleasant. If you must go in the summer I would pick June. It is very warm but the crowds were not as bad and the parks were opened until11PM this past June. Of course that could change by next year. The monthof July use to be good but they have had alot of Tour groups in the past 6 years that make from about 7/5 thru 7/25 pretty unpleasant. If you don't mind the parks closing early andif you ar the type of person who will get up early every day then I would consider August still my family just can't do it any longer. The good thing about August is the lovely rain storms around 4-5 PM each day the nights get much cooler and pleasant.

We like late august. Have been during all 3 months, and late Aug. wins in all categories hands down!...IMHO

If you can go the first week of June (just after Memorial Day weekend), this is a good time. Not too crowded yet, hot but usually not as bad as later in the summer. Downside is that it's harder to find discounts then. Late August is also not too crowded and there are more discounts, but it's hotterand it rains A LOT (it rains in early June too, but not as much).

We went the first week of June this year, and will never do it again. I've never been so hot in my life! I thought I was used to the humidity being from the midwest, but to stand in any line, even for a few minutes was terrible! The crowds were no better than any of the other times we have gone either. We will stick with March next year!!!:smooth:

September and October maY BE THE BEST MONTHS OF ALL TO GO! Probably the only reason you'd CHOOSE summer months would be if you (like me) had no other choice! Usually good discounts in September, too.

I thought that there was something that i didnt know about September but you have put my mind at rest.

Thanks Again,

Emma

:bounce: :bounce:

A honeymoon at my favorite resort in the "World"!
Make sure to have a nighttime beverage at the pool bar under the twinkling lights and stars...you might even catch some fireworks in the distance. Very romantic!;)

I would suggest early June to avoid the worst heat or late August for the least crowds...but if you can do September I suggest that..supposed to be wonderful, checking it out for the first time ourselves in a few days..:)

As a teacher, I have have hardly any choice of when I get to go. I've found that the crowds are just too big for me in June. I can deal with the weather, but crowds are another thing.

Fantasia73 - Since you don't like the June crowds, and the July & Holiday crowds can only be worse, when do you make your trips to Disney?

As a new teacher this Sept., that seems like the biggest downfall to the job, when to visit Disney. We're booked to go last week of June 2002 and hoping it's not too bad or DH will never go again. Then again, we've been enough lately that the rides aren't the major draw to us anymore, so I'm hoping that will make the difference. If not, I don't know when we'll ever get back.

Ityldu,
Also a teacher, I've visited during Feb. and April vacations, June, July and August. The last two weeks of August have provided the smallest crowds. Yes, it's hot, but to me, no more so than the rest of the summer. There are often showers in the afternoon, but these usually occur during our rest time (late afternoon) and have rarely interfered with our enjoyment at all.We like dates between the 18th and 25th. Afer that, park hours at MK do get reduced. It's a good idea to check historical park hours for the time you are considering if later hours are important to you. E ticket nights do allow you at least one late night when MK closes earlier. One thing I do love about the heat of the summer is the pleasure of late night swims after a long day in the parks.

Sorry about that! I always visit Disney in the last couple of weeks of August. This year our trip is from August 17th-25th. The heat really isn't too bad, considering that it's generally just as warm in New England where we're coming from. We pace ourselves and tour in the morning and the evening. The afternoons are spent either napping in air conditioning or lounging by the pool.

I'm not complaining (all of you teacher haters out there), but sometimes I wish I could go to Disney in October. I guess I'll be able to bring my grandchildren in October when I'm retired!!

HI! We went to disney last year from August 27th thru Sept 2nd,2000 and we had a great time lines
were not too long! It rained on and off everyday which was not bad becaase it cooled you off one day
it really poored but other than that not so bad if you can handle the heat! It was extremely hot!! We
are going again next year but we will be going in Oct! I was told by a person who works at Disney the
end of November is the best time to go! Hurricane season is over! We chose Oct this time cause it will
be cooler and I heard their Halloween in Disney is very nice for kids! We did august - sept before because
I did not want my daughter to miss any school! Maybe this will help some!

Florida schools go back in session by the middle of August so the end of August tends to be less crowded (but hot). September tends to have better weather and discounts are generally available (but this year discounts seem to be available all summer).

June. Preferably the first week. yes, it's certainly hot but not like July or August. Plus, in many parts of the country the kids aren't out of school so the crowds aren't too bad.

We always go Memorial Week which spills into the first few days of June and it's a lovely time. Plus, the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival is there and it's beautiful. What a way to kick-off your summer too.

Other than that, I would skip July and early August. Maybe late August would be okay. But beware the heat.

:)

We went last year from Aug. 23 Until Labour Day and it was wonderful...Very hot, but what the heck! We alternated between theme parks and water parks and everything worked out perfectly. The great thing about it was that there were no crowds. Many schools start in mid-August in the U.S.

It looks like I'm just not going to catch a break. Our school doesn't end until the end of June and being teacher, I have to be back earlier. This year I start August 24, so even the last two weeks of August are out. I grew up in NY where we had a week off in Feb. and a week of in April, that's not the case in PA. There's only Christmas week off. OH well, luckily I love my job. Peak season here we come. At least this will give me the perfect excuse to finally go during Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter