Which resort to pick

milwaukee prince

Earning My Ears
OK, I purchased our 5 day Park Hopper Passes yesterday at our local Disney Store. . Now I am looking at which resort to stay in. My family DW, DS 7, and DD 5 are going down in October, our first trip, and I have between $1000-$1300 to spend on lodging for 7 nights. Where would you do? We are thanking about staying at an All-Star for 4 nights and then move to the WL or AKL for the remaining three. Any suggestions? My kids love to swim and we will spend most of our days at the parks. So I need your help. I feel like I have looked and read about the resorts that this should be easy, but I am so nervous about where to stay.:confused:

I have never stayed anywhere but the WL. But we have stayed there three times and love it! I think you idea sounds great! The only suggestion I have is to stay at the cheaper one first as you are planning on doing! Have fun planning!

:D we stayed at the CBR this past year and loved it!!! The pools are great. The main pool has a nice water slide and then each village has its own small pool. Very tropical feel and it has a white sand beach and playground for kids. Food court and Bus service where all good. Close to Epcot and MGM and can even see fireworks from Ecpot. I am just not sure I would want to pack up and switch resorts in the middle of the stay. Guess it would make
the trip different. Since your kids like to swim I would say they would love this resort.:cool:

Hi, mousesavers.com code for the summer is out:

All Stars $74 standard
Moderates $94 standard
Animal Kingdom Lodge $139 standard
Ft. Wilderness Cabins $159

I have seen October lower than that in the past. But let's say you get the same prices as above.

Here are some options: (prices include taxes)

All 7 nights at FW Cabins $1246
All 7 nights at AKL $1090
4 All Star, 3 AKL $800
(same type of thing, bit more for FW Cabins and Value Resort)
ALL 7 nights at Moderate $737

You get the picture. You will be WAY under your budget! Maybe consider your half and half idea to keep the cost down, or all week at a moderate resort and SPLURGE on character meals! Sandra

So, between $1000 and $1300 and the kids like to swim. All of the resorts mentioned have good pools - both the WL and the AKL pools are large and have slides, etc. You know the best pool on site is at the YC/BC - Storm Along Bay.

You'll need to follow the discounts to get the best deal. A great place to keep up with what's available is the:

MouseSavers Website

For example right now there are nicely discounted Annual Pass prices available through the end of September. The All-Stars are $74+tax, the Beach Club is $202+tax so you could stay at the All Stars for 3 days and the Beach Club for 4 days, plus spend the $100 extra to upgrade your 5 day hopper to an AP and be looking at about $1250.

Or stay the entire time in an AKL standard room ($143+tax/night) or a WL Woods view for $150+tax/night. Or 3 nights at an AKL standard and 4 nights at an AKL Savannah or .... well you get the idea. You'll probably be able to stay at whatever resort you prefer unless the economy takes off like a rocket between now and then.

The key is to keep an eye on the MouseSavers website (or other websites that keep track of such things) and to not worry about making reservations immediately. The best deals often open up just a couple of months before the date in question.

One caveat - resort taxes are 11% (I think) - so make sure to figure that in when you do your final calculation.

edited to remove a link to a commercial site

We've made this exact trip when our two youngest were 6 and 10 and we stayed at Dixie Landings (Port Orleans Riverside). It was a wonderful trip!!! They loved the pool area and food court is awesome! In my opinion, a foodcourt is a must with small kids...and only your value and moderate resorts will offer this feature.

Don't get me wrong...I've visited the WL and I think it's gorgeous, and I'd love to try it someday, but I've read that transportation is a big issue with that resort.

Guess I'm just a Dixie Landing lover!! Last year, we stayed at CBR and my daughter (now age 10) informed me that Dixie Landings was still her favorite place.

Good luch with your decision - you'll get plenty of opinions right here! ;)

I think you have a great plan. The WL is a great end of trip hotel, it is gorgeous and has a very nice pool. We love the restaurants here too. It has a boat ride over to MK that is sooooo relaxing. So you may want to save MK days for your WL stay. (Although personally this is the first park I must go to no matter where I stay) Anyway the transportation was more than fine from WL to Epcot, MGM, AKL etc. Bus stop is close and WL is the first to be picked up and first dropped off, Poly and GF are 2nd and 3rd.

Do try to relax about picking a resort. They are all awesome and you cannot go wrong.

I would probably stay at a moderate the whole time instead of packing up in the middle of the stay. We have stayed at All star sports, CBR, DL and soon the WL. I didn't like the ALl Stars and have decided to always stay at the moderates or above. Just a personal preference i guess. Both the CBR and DL were great. Thle kids loved the pools and the food court was great. Since we got a great deal at WL we are giving it a try. All resorts are great and you will have so much fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter