Which Resort is your favorite when you aren't going to the parks?

Which resort(s) is/are your favorite for a non-park stay?

• Bay Lake Towers

• BoardWalk Villas

• Beach Club Villas

• Wilderness Lodge Villas

• Old Key West

• Saratoga Springs

• Animal Kingdom

Results are only viewable after voting.
We just did a no-parks trip (well we did do Typhoon Lagoon) and we stayed at OKW and THV. We loved both! The kids loved the pool at OKW and we really enjoyed the two meals we ate at Olivia's. The THV were really neat and the SSR pools were lots of fun also. We'd stay at either again in a heartbeat. But the kids want to try AKV next time... and that sounds like lots of fun, too!

Personally I don't think I could stay at an EP resort or BLT and not miss the parks since I'd be looking right at them.

I went with OKW because for us the theming is the most relaxing of all the resorts, the rooms are SO spacious and the feeling is just very laid back. We love Olivia's and could spend a long time just hanging around the HH area and the canal, take a long walk, watch the golfers go by, etc. It's also just a boat ride away from SSR and DTD and great dining and entertainment features there.

My second choice would probably be AKV because of the animals, pools/water play areas and restaurants. So glad we can call both of them "home"! :)

I'm thinking BLT because of the transportation available at MK to go to other resorts, plus all the monorail resorts that you can visit for restaurants etc. A PP also mentioned all the activity that you can watch just sitting on your balcony. There is a fitness club at CR, the Sammy Duvall water activities. There is TOWL. I could also understand why SSR with Downtown Disney nearby and BWL or BVC with all the Boardwalk activities.

A friend and I did a non-park stay at SSR. It was nice b/c we were able to walk to DTD. I've also done non-park at AKL but didn't like it as much b/c you have to drive anywhere else you want to go. I just stayed at BLT last year and only did MK one night. I loved BLT and am thinking of going in a couple of months for a non-park solo trip. I'm debating BLT between BCV. BLT gives me monorail access to all the other resorts and I can walk around the lake everyday, go to TOTWL and watch fireworks but BCV has a lot of entertainment and dining options as well. Leaning toward BLT though....just love it.

Another vote for AKV! I can watch the animals all day :). Plus, I think I would find it easier to have a "no parks" trip if there where no parks convenient to my location (which rules out BLT, BCV and BWV for me).
I also enjoy OKW and could do a park free stay there, but I'd find more to occupy my time at AKV.

OKW is my place to stay when not doing the parks. We enjoy the quit atmosphere and pools to just veg out and relax. :beach:

AKV and Boardwalk Villas. However, if you love swimming in public pools (we do not), then the Beach Club is the place to be. They have such a wonderful pool there.

OKW is where I like to stay for both a park trip and for none park trips. It quit laid back and a lot of fun for the family. The only down side is the food selection the restaurant Olivia's is great however the quick service is very limited. On my last stay we walked over to SSR the have a great food court and it is nice walk along the golf course.

We did 3 nights once with no Disney park tickets (stayed at HH first and then drove to Orlando to do 2 days at Sea World)...we stayed at OKW, so that's what I voted. It is a nice choice for the extra space and conserving points...also can take boat to Downtown Disney. Next on my list would be AKV (could do dinner at Boma and Jiko and watch the animals). SSR might not be a bad choice (it is our least fave when going to the parks, but it is close to Downtown Disney and w/out WDW park tickets, DD might be nice). And then VWL would be nice and quiet (could eat at Whispering Canyon and we could give Artist Point another try...didn't wow us the 1st time).

I won't need to do this ever again though...DH made it clear that he has no interest in staying at a WDW resort w/out going to the parks ever again. Even when we cruise out of FL, he'd rather book a regular off-site hotel and pay cash then use our points for a night or two at WDW (he can't handle being that close and not having park tickets to go to the parks).

Id have to say blt

- watch fireworks at totw
- use monorail to visit grand floridian and poly
- can take boat to ft. Wilderness for activities
- can take boat to wilderness lodge
- best selection of signature restaurants by boat and monorail
- watch fireworks at poly beach
- watch electrical water pageant

I attended a conference at the grand floridian with no time for parks.... I have to admit it was kind of torture to not go into MK

I voted SSR. It has all the amenities - table service restaurant, beautiful grounds, 3 really great pools - and is within walking distance to Downtown Disney. In the right rooms you can even see Illuminations from the balcony.

I picked OKW I love that boat ride to DTD. I could that that 3 x a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter