Which Resort is your favorite when you aren't going to the parks?

Which resort(s) is/are your favorite for a non-park stay?

• Bay Lake Towers

• BoardWalk Villas

• Beach Club Villas

• Wilderness Lodge Villas

• Old Key West

• Saratoga Springs

• Animal Kingdom

Results are only viewable after voting.

mrsdrake625

DIS Veteran
Either because you don't have kiddos with you, or you just want a vacation day to get away - where would you most enjoy staying at DVC without a park ticket?

Discuss. popcorn::

We are new to DvC but our 2nd stay was at AKL no parks...except we did go to Blizzard Beach. We were there for 4 night and had a great time. The theming make you feel like you are a different world. Pool was excellent..... Fun at DD....
....great restaurants....:cool1:

I chose 3 - AKL, SSR and OKW. AKL is a great all-in-one destination, and I just love the Kidani 1 and 2 bedrooms villas. SSR and OKW are also great resorts and the proximity to DtD is an added bonus.

I've only had one "no park" segment of my January stay with friends. We stayed in Jambo, AKV. It was a perfect and so AKV is my pick!

I've only had one "no park" segment of my January stay with friends. We stayed in Jambo, AKV. It was a perfect and so AKV is my pick!

Me too. Lots to do compared to the others, IMHO. AKV is almost a vacation in and of itself if you don't want to do the parks.

I voted SSR because we really enjoy the proximity to DTD and all that it offers.

WilsonFlyer said:
Me too. Lots to do compared to the others, IMHO. AKV is almost a vacation in and of itself if you don't want to do the parks.

I agree. AKV can be a destination all on it's own.

SSR for spa, to relax, and close to DTD, plus treehouses are fun. I picked AKV too, for all the above reasons.

The nights at AKL Jambo and Kidani are the most peaceful and relaxed places at Disney for me. Love the music and cozy spots by the fires and listening to the CM's from Africa telling their stories!!! Love the wine and cheese tasting on Wednesdays at Jiko;)

We love SSR because when we aren't visiting the parks, we spend quite a bit of time at DTD. Love the boats but we especially enjoy the walk. :goodvibes

My favorite no park destination would AKV, since I could stay there and never leave the resort and still have everything I want in a vacation...Great dining, great animal viewing, and lots of learning from the exchange docents!

I voted for OKW because it's my favorite no matter if we're doing the parks or not! As Floridian's we split our vacation time between, the parks, the water parks, the outlet malls and Orlando's other attractions and restaurants! After 50 plus trips, still love the parks but in moderation!

Any of the resorts work for us no matter if it's a no park trip or not! The buses and our car make them all work!

OKW, Kidani, BWV & SSR in that order, would take any of them...

Hard for me to answer this being that last year was our first full stay at a DVC resort.

We did stay 1 night at SSR ( Springs section ) which was nice...

BWV is great because of it's proximity to both parks, but that's not what this question is about...But the entertainment on the BW more than makes up for that though....Also We really enjoyed the pool too.A lot of people hate the dreaded clown, but honestly we had a great time from the pool parties for the kids to us just hanging out and reading or relaxing...

I am glad to see all the raving reviews for AKL though, being that we will be heading there (JAMBO) on our next trip...:banana: Can't Wait...

Torn between BLT and BCV but chose BCV for the beach feel, SAB and Boardwalk area. Also walking up to IG for Illuminations to get a small dose of Disney.

BLT to view Wishes and TOTWL would be nice, as would the monorail loop for dining shopping, and the boat to WL as well.

All said once its winter I could stay 2 months at any of the resorts on this list for 2 months and not leave property if that was the rule. Just would have a pecking order if we could choose.

Then again I could sit a Clearwater Beach if I can't go in the parks anyway. :beach:

Love AKV!!There's so much to do there! Also, I think the theming is so relaxing....perfect for a non-park stay:thumbsup2

We love sitting on the balcony at BLT watching the monorail and listening to the activity in MK. Also watching wishes at night from your room cannot be beat. You really get the feel of Disney without even entering a park.

Also, the monorail provides great transportation around the loop for other activities, not to mention the short walk to the bus depot at Magic Kingdom where you can catch a bus to just about anywhere else at Disney (other resorts) to partake in all activites there. Not only can you do non park Disney, but you can do non park and non car Disney :thumbsup2

For me it's BCV because I love SAB and could spend a week relaxing there! Plus the Boardwalk is also a quick walk.

Love AKV!!There's so much to do there! Also, I think the theming is so relaxing....perfect for a non-park stay:thumbsup2

Yes, no doubt about it, perfect for a non-park stay. ;) Stayed at Kidani last summer for the first time and it felt remote to the parks. I loved it! The themeing is awesome and both resorts have great pool areas. Also, the Mara and Boma are excellent. We're actually going back in May 2013 for a more resort-less park time stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter