Which resort for adults only trip

Jhondy210

Mouseketeer
My boyfriend of five years and I are planning our first vacation together and will be using my family's Dvc points. I've been to Disneyworld many times but my bf has not been to Disney in probably 20 years and if it wasn't for me he probably wouldn't be going to Disney anytime soon. He isn't a big fan of Disney like I am but he is willing to give the trip a try for me. We are planning on going during the slow season...either last week of Jan. Or first week of Feb. I want the hotel to be nice and not too in your face Disney. I'm thinking either bay lake tower or grand Floridian or beach club but am not sure. What dvc hotel would you stay in for an adults only trip and why? Which hotel would you suggest not staying in and why? Thanks for the help.

BLT is a modern but very close to the parks and Chef Mickeys. I enjoyed the Ft Wilderness lodge. The DVC rooms are in the back and you have your own pool! It was very quiet when we went in October. I would agree Beach Club or Saratoga are good locations and its close to downtown. My favorite is Animal Kingdom.

I would choose either BCV or BWV due to their proximity to Epcot, which is an adults-only trip must. :)

I agree - BW or BC. Don't miss Dueling Pianos at Jellyrolls. Stick to the Epcot / DHS, have a great dinner at Flying Fish, see a game at ESPN if he's a sports fan, have a kitchen sink for desert. Drink around world (if you drink or watch those who do!) He'll hardly know he's at Disney ;)

While I love the modern feel of BLT it may be too MK-centric for your DBF.

I would choose either BCV or BWV due to their proximity to Epcot, which is an adults-only trip must. :)

Another vote for BCV (if you can book a reservation, they fill up fast) :thumbsup
We just got from BCV 2 weeks ago & had a great time. Besides being close to EPCOT, there are a large # of restaurants within walking distance. ::yes::

Easy. Aulani!

I totally agree with this, if flying to Hawaii is an option.
The Aulani is the least in your face Disney DvC resort there is.

If you can't go to Hawaii, you might consider Old Key West for that old Florida feel. I agree with the poster who suggested that you concentrate on Epcot, the Studios, and the Boardwalk areas....and don't forget Downtown Disney.

Another vote for the Boardwalk:thumbsup2

My husband and I had some banked points on our resale contract when we purchased it last year and decided to use them for a long weekend without the kids. We spent 4 great days at the Boardwalk in January. By day 2 my husband was already pondering an add-on with points at the Boardwalk:rotfl2: It took me a year to convince him DVC was for us and 2 days at the Boardwalk for him to want to add-on:rotfl:

I think AKV - it's remote and definitely not in-your-face Disney 24/7

Another vote for the Boardwalk:thumbsup2

My husband and I had some banked points on our resale contract when we purchased it last year and decided to use them for a long weekend without the kids. We spent 4 great days at the Boardwalk in January. By day 2 my husband was already pondering an add-on with points at the Boardwalk:rotfl2: It took me a year to convince him DVC was for us and 2 days at the Boardwalk for him to want to add-on:rotfl:

Love this!! :rotfl:

I would recommend OKW for a nice, laid back, potentially romantic vacation. It's distance from the parks and the crowds makes it a nice quiet place to hang. Assuming the weather is nice hanging by the pool is a great way to spend some quality time with your SO.

I actually don't care too much for BW. Stayed there a few times and I like the walk to Epcot but I didn't care for the hotel itself. I liked BLT much better. One of the main things I like about BLT is that after Wishes you don't have to run to a bus to get a seat. However, I don't know how much of a problem that will be in late Jan./early Feb. I know my bf tends not to be the most patient person in the world. That's why I was thinking a hotel on the Monorail might be good because it's quick to get to two of the 4 parks without much wait.

I've never stayed at BC and have said that I want too. I think I might show my BF the website and let him pick which he likes the best. I want him to be wow'd when he walks into the hotel because he has never stayed at any kind of hotel that would be close to a deluxe disney hotel.

I think I'm just freaking out cause I want him to really enjoy himself on this trip but he isn't much of a Disney person so it makes me nervous. I don't get it cause I love Disney and I can't imagine not having fun at Disney.

Boardwalk!!!! If you can get the boardwalk view, do it!!

Beware, you may end up getting married at Sea Breeze Point and having your reception in Epcot during Illuminations. Just saying.

if your primary focus will be MK, then BLT or (if you can get it) GFV. while MK is walk-able from BLT, going to EPCOT will take significantly longer (also figure in a quite a walk from the monorail if your focus is World Showcase).

walks to/fro EPCOT and DHS from the BWV and BCV are fantastic (there is nothing like strolling to EPCOT thru IG just for a grey goose slushie:cloud9:), but bus transportation to the MK might be iffy (we haven't had long waits in many years -since they have CMs posted at the BW busstop, but a few others have reported differently :confused3). BCV tends to have more little kids.

from what you posted, it appears BLT would suit you best.

We like SSR. It's close to downtown disney, set on a wonderful golf course ( we don't play but lovely grounds ) , non disney themed, has a spa, nice pools. Great staff. Really nice relaxed feel like OKW. Boat , walk or bus to downtown disney. Plenty of rooms so getting a room is never a problem.

I actually don't care too much for BW. Stayed there a few times and I like the walk to Epcot but I didn't care for the hotel itself. I liked BLT much better. One of the main things I like about BLT is that after Wishes you don't have to run to a bus to get a seat. However, I don't know how much of a problem that will be in late Jan./early Feb. I know my bf tends not to be the most patient person in the world. That's why I was thinking a hotel on the Monorail might be good because it's quick to get to two of the 4 parks without much wait.

I've never stayed at BC and have said that I want too. I think I might show my BF the website and let him pick which he likes the best. I want him to be wow'd when he walks into the hotel because he has never stayed at any kind of hotel that would be close to a deluxe disney hotel.

I think I'm just freaking out cause I want him to really enjoy himself on this trip but he isn't much of a Disney person so it makes me nervous. I don't get it cause I love Disney and I can't imagine not having fun at Disney.

In that case, I would do VGF or BLT in that order. VGF looks gorgeous. Lots of adult dining options, walk to Poly, on monorail line. However, if your BF might like Fort Wilderness/WL, then that adds to BLT as it is only a boat ride away. Also, you have TOTW there to view fireworks. Check out BCV if you plan to spend a lot of time at the pool full of kids. However, if you don't like BW, you probably won't like BW. My DH likes CR a lot but I am not a big fan & love BW. Different strokes. You tube videos of the resorts is great, too!

I would recommend OKW for a nice, laid back, potentially romantic vacation. It's distance from the parks and the crowds makes it a nice quiet place to hang. Assuming the weather is nice hanging by the pool is a great way to spend some quality time with your SO.

This has our vote. we stayed at OKW last November for the 1st time and we just loved it. We are going back in 3 weeks July 27 to Aug 10 to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and we cant wait. Being away from all the "traffic" is so relaxing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter