Which resort for a summer trip?

Originally posted by Gillian
Cali - your parents can make you take a nap while they talk in the living room :teeth:

Just kidding Stacy! I totally agree about the HAFH resorts, but I don't think Cali's family needs to worry much about sleeping kids. :)

LOL, I'll make my parents take a nap. ;)

I'm thinking that I really need to go to WDW next summer. :) Most likely we'll be going to one of the beaches on the northeast/eastern coast (it's become a tradition), but, WDW is important, too.

We'll have anywhere between 3 & 6 people depending who all goes. Right now it looks like AKL, BWI, YC, Dolphin, and Port Orleans-French Quarter are in the running. If next year is like this year, discounts should be out at the end of January. So, what do you all think?

Okay Cali, I'll give you my opinion, but you probably know it already!:) I would definately go with a Epcot area resort. It is just so nice to stroll around the BW area, walk over to Epcot, or MGM on a pleasant summer evening. Given that, I would choose the YC!:teeth:

As far as discounts go, I have written in my notes that we got our AP rate for July on February 9th. Codes came out shortly after that. Good luck with your decision! :):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Originally posted by CaliforniaDreaming
If you were to choose a resort for a summer vacation, which one would you choose?

I'm trying to figure out where we'll be going on vacation next summer, and while I don't think we'll be going to Disney, it is still open as a possibility (as in, if we can't figure out what we want to do we'll just go there)

I just had to comment on this part first Cali, because I'm in exactly the same boat! LOL This July, I'll be turning the big 4-0 .. and what I REALLY want to do is go to either Italy again, or to the South Pacific. But ... considering what's going on in the rest of the world right now, I don't know that that is the best idea. So ... it'll likely be back to WDW again!

Originally posted by CaliforniaDreaming
If you were to choose a resort for a summer vacation, which one would you choose?

I'm trying to figure out where we'll be going on vacation next summer, and while I don't think we'll be going to Disney, it is still open as a possibility (as in, if we can't figure out what we want to do we'll just go there). We've done summers at the Polynesian and Grand Floridian before, and in addition to those, we've also stayed at the Contemporary, Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge, and All-Star Music.

So, if you were to choose a resort for a summer vacation, which one would you choose? I'd like to hear opinions on both the deluxes as well as the moderates. :)

Thanks!

Well, would you consider a split stay? That's what we've started doing on summer trips, and I have found that we all really enjoy it. It's almost like two vacations in one. I don't know if you've done AKL yet, but if not, I would highly recommend it! It's a wonderful resort and besides the beauty inside, they have a great pool! You could do AKL for one portion of the trip .. trying something new, and then do an old favorite, like the Grand!

I would choose YC!

Stormalong Bay:bounce: :bounce:

So, close to Epcot, you can be there in a few minutes to cool off with a margarita from Mexico and kaki gori from Japan...satisfy sweet tooth with beaver tail from Canada and something yummy from France:p

well, I'll be at the Yacht Club in July :) for my birthday!

the new decor at the BC is amazing! I love it a million times better than the original decor! The pics dont even do it justice, in person it is so beautiful! i think you would love it!
the YC is ofcourse even more gorgeous than before also!!!

or, how bout a villa at the BW or BCV???

Happy Day, and sorry, I havent forgotten about your PM, just been very busy!!!! soon!!! :)

Laura ;)

Hi Laura. :) I really do want to try the BC again to see a renovated room. I saw Misti's pictures, but am undecided on whether I'd like it or not. I can tell you that the BC room we stayed in was nicer in person than in the pictures (as goes for about every room we've stayed in at Disney).

I did book a "beach week" in July, so I'm not sure if we'll still be able to go to Disney. However, we were talking about it, and it is still very possible that we could go (we'll probably book 2-3 months in advance). :) Right now, it seems as if the Yacht/Beach Clubs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and the Grand Floridian are what we are really looking at.

CaliforniaDreaming, I second the notion to try a resort that you have never stayed in before, followed by a stay in one of your favorites (I wonder which resort is your favorite? ;) ). Please keep us posted on your plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter