My pretty much biggest and mostly only complaint about the busses was not knowing the wait time…..
they fixed that a few years back…..

my only other issue….. would be they could add extra busses at peak travel rather than over load the bus…..
I see that as more personal preference than an actual failure in the system….

I detest the buses now, and with a stroller, I shudder at the thought. Personally, depending on how long you will be there, I'd do a split stay (if possible) at Beach Club/Boardwalk/Riviera (honestly the skyliner is fine with a stroller) to take care of Epcot and Hollywood Studios and Grand Floridian/Bay Lake Tower for Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. You can add Polynesian to the mix if you don't mind the monorail (I am not a fan) or a long walk, or Wilderness Lodge if you are ok on a boat (fine with me but we don't really rope drop anymore). The only reason way I'd consider Animal Kingdom would be if I took the cost savings and put it towards Minnie Vans, as their car seats are much better than whatever random Uber driver's you might get, plus it goes to the bus area at MK vs. Ticket and Transportation. I guess staying at Old Key West/Saratoga would fall under the same category as Animal Kingdom, but for me I think that overall they are less appealing.

Enjoy your trip!

I would echo what others have said: the best resorts for your situation are any that are close MK (for napping babies and tired parents, and because that's likely the park you'll spend the most time at with young children): Grand Floridian, Bay Lake, Polynesian or Copper Creek / Boulder Ridge.

It's going to be really tricky to book most of these at 7 months. However, you could give it a shot. Your MIL could certainly wait until the 7 months mark to try to get a cash booking if you're successful at nabbing a reservation at your preferred resort. And if she can't get one, you could revert back to SSR.

There will always be rooms available at SSR both to book with points for you or for MIL to rent up until only a few months ahead of your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter