Which park would you choose?

Which park on first Saturday in December

• Disney MGM Studios

• Epcot

Results are only viewable after voting.

zulaya

DIS Veteran
Background:

11 of us going in early December. First day is a Saturday. I have decided we are NOT braving MK that day.

So which park shall we go to? MGM or Epcot. Half my party is not interested in AK so that's not an option this day.

Cast of characters:
Me 30
DH 32
My Bro1 28
My Sis 25
My Bro2 18
My Dad 57
My Mom 56
MIL 58
FIL 57
My son 8
My daughter 7

Everyone has been to WDW at least once, but my parents and sibs haven't been in 10 years :earseek:

Please vote your pick and comment on why.

Keep in mind that we have other days, but that there are only 2 full days together before my parents and sibs leave. Sunday we are doing MVMCP and that's all that is firm on that day.

Thanks

I go with Epcot based upon your aged group. You still have the thrills of TT and M:S, but you also have the relaxing stroll around the WS with the various shows and great options for eating.

Epcot is so much bigger too, that even if there are a lot of people in the park, it doesn't feel overly crowded.

I voted MGM because I feel that the GMR and WWTBAM ect. are good rides for the ranges of your family.

Though when I think about it Epcot seems like a good park too.

My first thought was MGM because it is smaller and I would find it more relaxing to navigate with a group.

BUT, as I thought, you will have the magic of MK together, what other park could make a special day, and I think EPCOT.

Why special - because you would be there for all the holiday decorations and holiday entertainment. You could have a really special group meal in a country. Sounds corny I guess, but it would be like a holiday worldwide cruise. I think you would enjoy being together there, at that time of year, and you could get some wonderful photos. Ask a stranger at each country to take a photo of you all as a group ! Would make a nice photo album.

Have a super trip !

I go with MGM based on the age of your group. Saturday is early entry day for WDW resort guests which can make the park more crowded than other days; however, I wouldn't expect large crowds in early December.

JMO, but EPCOT may be less crowded on a Saturday in December. Although, for your age group, I think the rides at MGM would be more fun. Don't forget the Candlelight Processional at EPCOT. We liked the last performance of the night last year since Illuminations was right after. And also don't forget the Osborne Lights at MGM.

You can also take a boat from the International Gateway to the Boardwalk or MGM. The Boardwalk takes about 10 minutes. MGM takes about 1/2 hour by the time it stops at the EPCOT resorts.

Epcot all the way. Even when crowded, it doesn't feel like it. Every time I have been to WDW I choose Epcot for Saturday. Also, it may change, but right now MGM is the Early Entry day for Saturdays...that can make for a crowded park.

I voted MGM, but I would do both with a Park Hopper pass.

Go to MGM for Early Entry right at the opening, do the rides and shows.

When the park gets too crowded or you need a break, take the boat over to Epcot's International Gateway. You could have a nice meal in World Showcase and go to the Candlelight Processional.

If you don't want to do CP, you can go back to MGM for Fantasmic and to ride Tower of Terror again. I also think MGM is having the Osbourne lights again this year.

If you can only do one park on Saturday, I pick MGM. I like the rides there better, and I find Epcot to be a great place to wander when I need a break from the theme park atmosphere.

Epcot--lots to do. People always feel that it is too "adult", but we've had good times there with the kids--when they were 2 1/2, 4. and 8. Good rides, good food, and I could easily spend all day in WS.

I vote for EPCOT. I like to start out with MK, but if that's not a choice, then EPCOT would be it. I guess I just like to do our favorite park first! Seems like with the variety of ages in your group, EPCOT would be a better way to make sure everyone has something they like. ALL the parks have something for everyone, but I think EPCOT has more variety than MGM. JMO! :)

I thought that Epcot was the obvious choice, but then I started to think how my family feels the first day at DW. If you're not going to MK then I would say lets feed there anticipation by going to MGM. It has the thrill rides and the family rides, the shows and the restuarants to keep everyone wired and happy. IMHO I would be afraid that some people in the group (the youger ones) may not be as interested in Epcot as the first park they visit as they might be in it later in the trip.

Good Luck, and have a Great Time ::yes::

EPCOT. EPCOT has something for everyone in your age group. Plus walking in the WS during christmas time is magical.::yes::

Have a great trip:Pinkbounc

I go with Epcot based upon your aged group. You still have the thrills of TT and M:S, but you also have the relaxing stroll around the WS with the various shows and great options for eating.

Epcot is so much bigger too, that even if there are a lot of people in the park, it doesn't feel overly crowded.

Exactly!::MickeyMo

Thanks everyone for all your thoughts so far.

I am really taking in everyone's opinions. Keep them coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter