• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which one is milder? Rocking Roller Coaster or Expedition Everest

These two rides are so different that its hard to compare the two against each other. RnR is more intense in the fact that its faster, the beginning launch part at the beginning looks really intimidating when watching it in line, plus it does have loops. I personally have no problems at all with RnR and find it really fun to ride. EE is a slightly more traditional coaster with a hill/drop, twist and turns. The most intense part of this ride is the backwards section. This part takes my stomach worse that any other part of either ride and makes me a bit anxious. If I had to choose between the two, I would ride RnR before I would EE. If I was including Space Mtn on this list, I would ride that one last because I don't care for all the little dips/drops. I think that you have to weigh what about the coasters bother you (or your DD) and make a decision based on that.

I find RnRC more intense but EE can make me motion sick sometimes. The accelerating backward/down/up/around curves can do me in a little.

At Great Adventure, she has been on Harley Quinn's crazy train, Batman, the outdoor ride and Superman.

While obviously every ride is somewhat unique, if she could make it through Superman and Batman, she should be able to survive both of the Disney ones!

Wow! Thanks for the many responses. Just when I think I have made my decision after reading a couple of responses, the next response changes my mind!! I will not go on either and I used to love coasters. I am thinking EE for DD16 since she doesn't have issues with motion sickness. I can't even go on the mad tea party anymore! I will not pushit though. I enjoyed reading all the responses. Thanks!

Don't let Tea Party dissuade you from the coasters. Completely different. I'm turning 50 this week and the last few years I've gotten less and less able to handle really spinning rides like tea cup. But I have no problem with any of the coasters. It's really apples and oranges.

Add me to the list that can handle RNRC (and much larger coasters like Kraken or Mako at SeaWorld) but for whatever reason the backwards in the dark portion of EE always makes me feel sick.

She'll be fine , batman and superman are way bigger faster costers with more g forces. Harly quin is tame, disney is tame. If she can do rhe first two, she has nothing to worry about. Tbh she shouldent have trouble on anything. Batman is pretty intense, lol.

The launch at the beginning of RnRC is what really messes me up. And you go upside down. EE is my favorite ride in all of WDW.

Weighing in and reinforcing some things that have been said already -

To me an intense rollercoaster is one with a really big hill (think Millennium Force at Cedar Point) or some crazy inversions (like X2 at Magic Mountain). Nothing at Disney really has either of these things - but we all have our own scale of what we can tolerate. I can go down the biggest hill in the world (and have!), absolutely love it and want more - but going upsidedown even once can make me really nauseated depending on the car hits the loop.

EE is tame, but a lot of fun in my opinion (I put it on par with space mountain - a ride my four year old enjoys).
RNRC is also a lot of fun because of the visuals, but the inversions make it less fun for me (again, nausea). I don't think it's all that "intense" - but it gets to my head and stomach in a bad way.

I don't know about EE as I haven't tried it, but RnR I just tried for the first time and it was extremely intense IMO. I actually couldn't hack it and closed my eyes and just kept reminding myself it was short and almost over the entire time, lol.

If you do RNR, make sure you do what it says at the beginning--put your head back against the restraint. Otherwise the acceleration will do it for you.

IMO, Everest is the easier ride for someone who is apprehensive. I have friends and nieces/nephews who have done Everest and loved it but have been to scared to try RnRC.

The biggest thing with Everest is the part where it goes backwards. Its relatively brief and its light enough where you can see things around you, which I think helps for someone who is scared. RnRC is all in the dark and you can't see what's ahead.

Rock N Roller coaster is more rough- it blasts you off at the start like 0 to 60 or something like that in a second or two and goes right into loops/twists- plus its all in the dark. Basically, it is a straight up high thrill coaster

Everest I would say is more moderate thrill and more about its theming. Its biggest "thrill element" is a stretch where you go backwards down a hill and through a banked turn at pretty good speed and which creates some good positive G forces- but no actual inversions. Other than this there is one downward hill (no worse than splash mountains) and some twists and turns similar to what you might experience on Thunder Mountain

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter