Which cancelled event are you most bummed about?

Missed a WDW vacation in May, plus I was supposed to go to a concert in Boston this September for a band that I love but never got to see live. It has been pushed ahead one year and I'm hoping things change to the point where it is safe for it to actually go on.

Volunteering with elephants in THailand at CHristmas; supposed to be in Croatia and Italy right now.

Our cruise which would have included three overnights in Israel. We were going with good friends. That’s the vacation I am missing the most. I doubt it will ever happen.

Volunteering with elephants in THailand at CHristmas; supposed to be in Croatia and Italy right now.

Oh man, all wonderful things. We were supposed to take a bucket list trip to South Africa. We were supposed to spend 8 days at two different lodges in Kruger, and while I was excited to see all of the animals....elephants were the one I was most looking forward to. I would imagine that volunteering with elephants would be so amazing. Also love Italy...have been so many times, our favorite country to visit (so far). Sigh....hopefully our world will be more normal in a year or so.

Biggest DCL Transatlantic cruise in October with a week in London before cruise.
Bigger- all live theater. My daughter and I see at least one show a month, whether it be a comedy club, touring productions or local theater,

As I dont have an event we went to WDW in March a few days before they closed... i would have been really bummed if i had chosen my sons real spring break a week later...
I really miss eating out with my family, we tried once a few weeks ago it was so uncomfortable I just wanted to hurry and get out of there.
Now we go out and we sit in the car somewhere it's just not the same.

Not an event singular, a series of events. My step-daughter found out last night that her ISSMA band competitions have been cancelled. They MIGHT play at football games, IF there are football games. It's such a bummer for her considering it is going to be her senior year.

For me, it’s a combination. We have annual passes to a bunch of places. They were extended by the length of closures, but I doubt we will use them. Theme parks, zoo, museum, aquarium, etc. ugh. Easy weekend diversions in the past.

Canceled trips can be rescheduled, so I’m less bummed about that.

Mickey's Halloween party...

Our Grandson loves it so much... he's 5 so a really big deal to get to stay up so late...

Still hoping for the Mickey's Christmas Party...

I’m pretty much over it all and just going with the flow. But it can be sad and depressing.

March Disney trip, then the rescheduled June, then the November one. So, I have just given up on Disney for awhile.

My son’s senior year and graduation (they did have a small, socially distancing ceremony) He seems fine though, so I’m happy about that. I’m probably more bummed than him. Now his first year of college will be affected.

I miss all the family gatherings that we did not have. Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, July 4th, birthdays, etc. (my parents are in their 70s and don’t feel comfortable with large gatherings, which I agree) I miss this the most.

Also a friend’s wedding, a couple of concerts, local festivals that we usually attend have been canceled.

Just trying to enjoy the little things and be thankful that my family is healthy & that we all still have a job.

Nothing specific, but we are unable to visit our daughter who lives in Canada. It’s so hard not knowing when it might be a possibility again.

We cancelled a few Disney trips. Initially was supposed to see Survivor at Garden Rocks in Epcot. Had a club level room booked at AKV Jambo and had an ADR for Cali Grill brunch. Then moved to Fathers Day trip where we had a resie at Victoria and Alberts. That too went bye bye.

Had a July HAL cruise to NE and Canada that was cancelled. I wasn't too stoked for that trip, though, because we did a Canada cruise before but DH picked it. So no loss for me there.

Then we cancelled a Celebrity Caribbean cruise for March 2021. Since we have had trouble getting refund for HAL cruise I didnt want to make final payment on Celebrity and didnt want to wait 100 days for refunds down the line. Also worried the cruise lines will go bankrupt and then no refunds for us. Plus DH cant get stuck on a ship for 2 weeks if they have an outbreak and stay at sea like Happened this past spring (he can't be away from work like that). I was okay cancelling that since it is so far out that I wasn't excited yet.

So the biggest bummer is missing the 2 Disney trips....probably the Survivor and CG brunch one with AKV club level the most. Have been trying to get that club level for years now. Also bummed no Eat to the Beat at F&W. Would probably book a Sept or Oct trip for F&W if they had the concerts. This will be the 1st year since about 2012 that we won't make it to an Epcot Festival.

Edit to add....still waiting for HAL refund since cancelled on March 30. But did get Celebrity refund within a week from cancelling. Know what line I will pick for next cruise?

Last edited:
My family and I are coping through it well enough and have been really fortunate compared to many. However, it is the kid's activities that I miss the most. I feel worst for them as they work hard on their activities, but I would be lying if I said it wasn't a big disappointment for me too. These include:

Dance competitions (my daughter had a duo with her best friend that was a senior last year, so they will not have an opportunity to dance together competitively again)
Lacrosse season and tournaments
Soccer season and tournaments
High School Football season (they are trying to move this, but it will not be happening this fall)

We also missed our annual Disney World trip and I will personally be heartbroken when I can't go to college football games this fall - hopefully, they will still be on TV

I have a tie. My niece's wedding that was supposed to take place this month and my WDW vacation. We were scheduled to be there the first week of September. Since DH is in a higher risk category we cancelled, which was the right decision for us.

I miss vacations that I planned and were canceled. 1 cruise in May with our kids which i moved to Sept but now that is ka-put as well. Supposed to go to FL at the end of Oct to celebrate a friends birthday and that will probably be canceled as well :-( Just a bummer all the way around. Festivals canceled, county fairs, concernts, weddings - you name it. My son is getting married in Sept and right now it is still a go - my fingers are crossed so hard that it doesn't get canceled!!! I would hate for that to happen to them!

We missed a family reunion cruise with relatives we have not seen in a decade, and it would have been their first true vacation ever! I had planned every single detail to perfection... Now it sounds like a massive difference in political views has placed a huge wedge between my husband and them and we might not see each other until tempers calm down, which could be years.
My daughter and I also missed a BTS concert, and I am pretty bummed about that one too. We are both huge fans, and I have not been to a concert in 30 years! It would have been so much fun!!!

By far the worse cancellation was DS17's trip to Scotland/UK with the HS marching band. Losing a big pile of money made it even harder though the missed opportunity is most regrettable. Something that can never be replicated, can't even describe how bad it stunk. And if that wasn't hard enough on the 128 kids, their leader's son passed away in June one day before turning 30yo.
Trying to remain resilient the band is already starting practice (with good precautions) on the hot field for the fall season but boy... this year has been rough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter