Which cancelled event are you most bummed about?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
I was plugging along, excepting everything that closed down in stride....until today when I found out our annual Fall Festival has been cancelled this upcoming season. :( Obviously, its for the best but its my favorite day of the year, our family tradition.

Which cancelled event are you/have you been most bummed about?

I was going to go to Disney World for the first time in my life this year. Think I'm going to wait it out for a bit.

Nutcracker for my kids. My oldest will be a junior and has reached the level to dance principal roles, so it’s a hard one to miss. December is still a way off, but I just don’t see it happening between the mass gathering of the actual show and the level of training/partnering they’d have to do by then.

I am not a fan of Halloween, but it was cancelled last year due to fires/smoke and it looks like it will he cancelled this year, so I’m sad for my younger two.

The wedding of a dear friend's daughter, that was to have taken place in April. They ended up going ahead and getting married with just the two of them and the pastor. They let their parents know after-the-fact. The couple handled it better than my friend; she was heartbroken at the loss of the dream for her girl. :sad1:

My son had a summer abroad planned in Florence this summer and we were going to visit. Postponed to next summer, I hope.

Also, very sad that the touring show of Hamilton was canceled but that has been rescheduled for Sept, 2021. So something to look forward to.

We were originally suppose to see Wicked today. :( I have seen it before and it is my favourite musical so I was looking forward to seeing it with my daughters for their first time.

We were also suppose to go to Disneyland next month.

I realized the other day that our dream of dropping our last kid off at college and heading to Disney World for our first couple's trip wasn't happening this year.

We celebrated our 30th Anniversary in May with Chinese takeout and 2 children at my office for lunch. Lol. Disney would have been a nice trip to celebrate

I don't really get out much but I usually try to go out to Columbus Pride. Very sad it had to be moved. I'm pretty sure even the later date will end up canceled. It's just too many people all together.

I'd say our two vacations. There have been numerous festivals, larger events or otherwise that have been cancelled but for us the vacations have been the most disappointing. My husband spent 9 months last year in CA working and coming back home roughly every two weeks sometimes three weeks in between or I went to visit him when he couldn't come back home and the vacations were meant as a way to de-stress, relax, and give ourselves a bit of a treat.

We don't have a clue when we'll be trying to redo those.

Someone mentioned a fall festival. The one I like to go to on a fairly regular though not always yearly basis hasn't been cancelled yet but I wouldn't be surprised (and it probably should be cancelled regardless). Also other festivals that occur around that time of year already have been cancelled.

Vacations. Ours have not been officially canceled yet, but I don’t want to go with the virus raging unchecked.

My daughter's wind ensemble was to participate in Festival Disney this spring- that was a bummer to have cancelled. I had a solo trip planned for a few days to see her & enjoy Disney.
My son is missing 2 national swim meets.

We are supposed to be in Las Vegas right now.
And we had tickets to see the Scorpions in concert last night....

Same. :guilty: My first and who knows when it will possibly be safe enough again to do it.
First time, same for me and my son, who graduated HS. I can't see it happening any time soon. All those well-thought out plans down the drain. Such disappointment and frustration, and we're still waiting for those airline refunds.

Our trip to San Diego and Disneyland. WestJet just beat me to it and cancelled my flights. We’ve done Disneyland lots but have never been to San Diego before so we were really looking forward to that!

Vacations left me bummed out, but not as much as having to tell my dd her YMCA overnight summer camp was cancelled. It is her favorite week of the year. She had been so amazingly strong with distance learning and lack of the outside world that when they finally cancelled it, I dreaded telling her. I was right, straw that broke the camels back. :sad1: Tears were shed.

She's fine now, but that was the toughie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter