Which "across the street" hotel please

DnA2010

Rope Drop!
Prices are relatively close on the follow hotels- which would you pick and why please :)

Room 1: Sister, BIL, their DS1.5, our Mom
Room 2: Myself, DH, DD13, our DD1.5

Hotels to choose from: Fairfield Inn, Del Sol, Grand Legacy

the other "right in front" hotels aren't too much more so would welcome suggestions.
Any big differences?

Our goto hotel is the Del Sol, we have stayed there a few times and it has always been clean and it is so close to the cross walk. We are staying there again in 2 weeks It isn't fancy by any means, but it has always been clean and the staff has been good. Years ago we stayed at the Ramada (now the Grand Legacy) and we are wavering between going there or del sol in August...

I have only stayed at the Del Sol and Tropicana right across the street, so I can't comment on the others, but I will say this.

The Del Sol was fine. Nothing special, for sure, but clean and relatively comfortable for our family. We get the bunk bed room because we are a family of 6. The pool is small, but fine for a dip. Staff was friendly. Parking is super tight! We had to park our SUV in a tiny spot next to a support beam, which made getting in and out difficult. I'm not sure if they even have enough parking spots for all their rooms?? Free breakfast is pretty bare bones. Pastries, fruits, juice, milk... Maybe cereal? We plan on taking microwave breakfast sandwiches, heating them up in our room, and supplementing with their fruits and milk. It is definitely a budget motel, but, because of the location, it is our favorite (we have to travel on a pretty tight budget).

The Tropicana was better. Nicer rooms than Del Sol, I can't remember if they had breakfast. It wasn't anything fancy, for sure, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if it was an option (rooms too small for our family).

From your choices I would say Fairfield Inn. Rooms have been re-done recently and before that were always clean and lovely.
Staff have always been great. Good views of the fireworks.

Were staying at Camelot Inn next week for 15 nights in a King Family Suite - 2 rooms, first room has one King bed, sofa bed, tv, fridge, microwave & dining table, second room has 2 double beds, fridge, tv, bathroom.
We got that at $189 per night. Havent stayed there before so cant comment on that.

Were staying at Camelot Inn next week for 15 nights in a King Family Suite - 2 rooms, first room has one King bed, sofa bed, tv, fridge, microwave & dining table, second room has 2 double beds, fridge, tv, bathroom.
We got that at $189 per night. Havent stayed there before so cant comment on that.
We have stayed at the Camelot before. I think you’ll like it. I liked the location of the pool.

I’m too cheap to get the suite there. Haha! For just about the same price we can stay at homewood suites convention and get breakfast and some dinners. We purposely sacrifice the short walk for the food.

Have you looked at the Candy Cane Inn? Just for comparison, it might be worth checking out. We've done two connecting premium rooms (larger rooms, small refrigerator and microwave in each room, free breakfast brought to each room, etc.) which saved us at least $600 per night over the GCH. There is free parking and a free continental breakfast served in the pool area. The CCI has a private shuttle which runs on time, every time, but the hotel is also close enough to walk (about 10 minutes or so to the gate, depending on the one signal and the line at bag check). The CCI offers various discounts, so always ask if you qualify. For our multi-generational trips, the CCI works really well for everyone's needs.

I’ve stayed in the Tropicana a few times. Clean, nothing special but it literally is at the crosswalk. They have a nice little store with groceries and souvenirs. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

I have not stayed at either of these places - but the Grand Legacy, being completed remodeled does look very nice. My suggestion would be to, as well as take the advice of those here, check out recent reviews on TripAdvisor.

I mainly picked Camelot because of location & the size of the suite. How long is the walk from Homewood Suites?
20 min walk. Or about 5 min walk to the bus at free toy story shuttle lot.
Also, we get a big discount because we stay a week or more.

Can you elaborate? I was actually leaning towards this one

We stay at the Fairfield Inn regularly and are happy with it. I’ve never had an issue with the elevators as the previous poster suggested. I like that it is a Marriott property and it feels a bit nicer than the budget hotels next door. I actually think for the price and location it’s pretty hard to beat.

There’s a Panera Bread right in front too. If you order online or through their app they’ll put your food in a cubby next to the counter and you can just grab it on your way into the park. It’s really very convenient.

I have stayed at FFI twice and Grand Legacy about 6 times-I would pick Grand Legacy every time now compared to FFI. Rooms are nicer, walk is closer, and the view of the fireworks from the roof are pretty spectacular-with piped in music (usually cheaper too).

I have stayed at FFI twice and Grand Legacy about 6 times-I would pick Grand Legacy every time now compared to FFI. Rooms are nicer, walk is closer, and the view of the fireworks from the roof are pretty spectacular-with piped in music (usually cheaper too).

I ended up actually going with FFI as it was about 277CAD cheaper for the two rooms I am booking...gotta use something to make the decision right, and that cash will cover some meals :)

I am sure you will have a great time!

I'm more of a fan of the Desert Inn and Suites. I personally think it's nicer than the Del Sol, but those are the only two we've stayed at.

We had a good stay at Desert Inn. It's right across the street, includes breakfast and has various nice size room configurations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter