Which "across the street" hotel please

OP has a very diverse set of folks from toddlers to siblings to mother...so try to imagine rounding everyone up, from two rooms, to leave at the same time, to meet in the lobby, to wait for an elevator to hold the group. And then when arriving at the long parking lot....someone forgetting something. Whereas, with an outside door lodging, it is an easy fix to correct the problem, without waiting for the elevator to go up and then come down. If you are touring with only your family then it is easy to conduct the PAT DOWN.......Pins? Attire? Tickets? Disneyland on way now!!!!!! and proceed to the elevator. But with the range of folks that OP has to monitor, the elevator is one more thing to worry about.

Can you elaborate on this? If you reserve for 7 or more days do you see some sort of discount? I have tried longer periods and didn’t notice any difference in prices.
At Homewood Suites, sometimes the length of stay makes a big difference on the rate. Once, it was cheaper to stay 7 nights than it was to stay 5. Usually a stay of a week or more gets a better rate. However, there have been other times that it didn't seem to matter. On caution about Homewood Suites - the rate is not static if you need to make a change. Once I had a 5 night reservation and wanted to drop a night. They wanted to increase my nightly rate from $193 to $210 because I was staying one less night, even though I could have booked it for 4 nights at $193 initially. I've never had this problem with any other hotel. Maybe because it is geared toward extended stays?

Can you elaborate on this? If you reserve for 7 or more days do you see some sort of discount? I have tried longer periods and didn’t notice any difference in prices.
Yes. Big price difference. $220 7+ days. And it was like $360/night for a shorter stay. Spring break.

Were staying at Camelot Inn next week for 15 nights in a King Family Suite - 2 rooms, first room has one King bed, sofa bed, tv, fridge, microwave & dining table, second room has 2 double beds, fridge, tv, bathroom.
We got that at $189 per night. Havent stayed there before so cant comment on that.

We stayed in the suite for 6 nights last August (2017). For the five of us (including 3 teen boys) it was wonderful -- so much space! And a great deal (I think ours was $189/night as well, under the length of stay deal they have). I was pleasantly surprised at how much room we had -- just huge (pictures don't do it justice). The pool is small and the hot tub even smaller (seats just 4), but it was never a problem getting to use it. Most of the afternoons we had it all to ourselves or almost all to our selves. Walking to the park was a breeze (5-10 minutes to the check-in gate, depending on your walking speed). No free breakfast, but with two fridges and a microwave it's easy enough to just hit up a grocery store on day #1 and grab some quick breakfast items......and lunch items.

Ok folks- so we have 2 reservations- 2 rooms at FFI or a 2 bedroom suite at Desert Inn that has a sitting room and then 2 bedrooms, each with 2 queens in them- keep the suite right?

Ok folks- so we have 2 reservations- 2 rooms at FFI or a 2 bedroom suite at Desert Inn that has a sitting room and then 2 bedrooms, each with 2 queens in them- keep the suite right?
We stayed at Desert Inn last summer. Just so you know it is a very very basic hotel. We were fine with it, but it is no frills, the furniture pretty beat up. We found the beds comfortable, and we liked having more space. We were in the C1 suite, and there are five adult sized people in our family. We didn’t use the pool...it’s indoors...and the breakfast is minimal, but we would stay again just to have four queen beds and 1 1/2 baths for a really reasonable price.

I would choose DI because it’s closer but it depends what is more important to you. I haven’t stayed at either but looks like FFI may be nicer, not sure.

"Ok folks- so we have 2 reservations- 2 rooms at FFI or a 2 bedroom suite at Desert Inn that has a sitting room and then 2 bedrooms, each with 2 queens in them- keep the suite right?"

Yes, keep the suite, IMHO.
I have stayed at both several times. We are staying in the suite at the Desert Inn again next month.
The Fairfield rooms are a bit nicer, and newer, but we enjoy having the extra room so much more.
And, even though breakfast is not that great, it IS free, and it is decent
And you will appreciate the shorter walk back at the end of the day. It seemed like it took forever to get the Fairfield, it's so far back from the road.

"Ok folks- so we have 2 reservations- 2 rooms at FFI or a 2 bedroom suite at Desert Inn that has a sitting room and then 2 bedrooms, each with 2 queens in them- keep the suite right?"

Yes, keep the suite, IMHO.
I have stayed at both several times. We are staying in the suite at the Desert Inn again next month.
The Fairfield rooms are a bit nicer, and newer, but we enjoy having the extra room so much more.
And, even though breakfast is not that great, it IS free, and it is decent
And you will appreciate the shorter walk back at the end of the day. It seemed like it took forever to get the Fairfield, it's so far back from the road.

Thank you! do you remember what the breakfast consists of?

Del Sol is great, and we like the Desert Inn & Suites too, which is right beside it and a few steps shorter at the end of the day.

The DI&S's breakfast consists of:

fruit (apples & oranges)
danishes
bagels
toast
hard boiled eggs
three types of cereal (froot-loops, cheerios, corn flakes...)
milk
coffee
tea

There may be more, but that's what I remember. It's pretty basic but it'll work til you get to Jolly Holiday or Plaza Inn.

They had bananas also, at least last summer. Bananas are a great “grab on the way to the park” food...at least for my family. :banana:

Our family loves the Candy Cane Inn. Price is reasonable, very clean, excellent staff, free breakfast, free parking, shuttle.

We've done Desert Inn twice. Agree that it's basic, but it gets the job done. If you are in the C1 suite, I think that's near the front and pretty nice. Your older DD might like having the sitting room sleeper sofa to herself? Anyway, you can't beat the short walk for that price. For your size group, I'd maybe have groceries delivered from Vons or something, and eat breakfast and keep snacks in the room? You'll have a mini fridge and a microwave. I usually prefer that to the "continental" breakfast which is a bit bleak.
Last time we stayed, last year, we were way far back in the hotel (just DH and I), and they missed cleaning our room one of the days, which was kind of a drag. Though, they apologized and brought extra towels when we complained. Also, the water pressure in the shower was pretty abysmal.
I was looking at the Grand Legacy; it looks really nice since they changed hands and renovated a few years ago. Price is generally reasonable, too, and still quite close.

We've done Desert Inn twice. Agree that it's basic, but it gets the job done. If you are in the C1 suite, I think that's near the front and pretty nice. Your older DD might like having the sitting room sleeper sofa to herself? Anyway, you can't beat the short walk for that price. For your size group, I'd maybe have groceries delivered from Vons or something, and eat breakfast and keep snacks in the room? You'll have a mini fridge and a microwave. I usually prefer that to the "continental" breakfast which is a bit bleak.
Last time we stayed, last year, we were way far back in the hotel (just DH and I), and they missed cleaning our room one of the days, which was kind of a drag. Though, they apologized and brought extra towels when we complained. Also, the water pressure in the shower was pretty abysmal.
I was looking at the Grand Legacy; it looks really nice since they changed hands and renovated a few years ago. Price is generally reasonable, too, and still quite close.

We are def going to do a Vons order- milk, more fruit than the basics, a box of diapers, snacks, drinks, that sort of thing.
It’s the C2 I’ve booked...yes the walk should be really handy :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter