Whew... That's a big 'Tato Head! 10 Amazing Days in May '14! **That's a wrap! 10-1**

Oh my goodness! I've sorely neglected this TR! I can't believe it's been a month since I posted! End of summer/beginning of school has been kicking my booty. Getting back into the swing of things and starting the girls with a new gym for dance/tumbling/cheer has left me with not much time at home for myself!

I promise the next few days will be coming... along with a mini-PTR within a TR for my Wine and Dine trip! I can't believe how close that trip is to being here! Gotta go to dinner to celebrate the hubby's birthday tonight... but maybe I can get on and write another installment! We're soooooo close to the end that I gotta get motivated to do it! Nobody really wants to relive their last day at Disney, do we? :(

Fun updates! I love the selfies and video from Harper! Charlotte has recently discovered the fun of selfies, I find so many strange pics of her. I love the idea of a nice long trip so you can really relax and slow down your time there. It stinks when you are always rushing around everywhere.

Those kids are so funny with their selfies! They think it's the coolest thing seeing themselves on the phone... ha ha! That 10 day vacation was absolutely awesome. It's going to be hard to go for less than that from now on... I'm spoiled now! My MIL is still talking about how it was the greatest trip she's been on. We really did have a FANTASTIC time! And I think that being able to slow it down was a big part of that!

I was totally cracking up when you talked about loving Disney more than your kids. People always tell me the same thing, I love it more than Charlotte!

Yes... we have a problem! :rotfl:

The Elsa/Anna doll score was awesome! Those are so cute. I love the Rapunzel meet and great, so fun! Actually, all your meet and greats looked like tons of fun that day.

Your 'Ohana dinner looks amazing. I am hungry just reading about it. Bob had to pinch hit for me and finish my Lapu Lapu for me. That sucker is big and strong! Too bad you were not feeling well that night, I hope a good nights sleep made the next day great!

I cannot wait to go back in November!!! I see another Lapu Lapu in my future... and hopefully not another icky tummy!

I just caught up! It was a very good read. Your trip sounds awesome, and your girls are so cute!

Thanks so much! I think they're pretty cute... but I am a little partial! I'm glad you enjoyed it and more should be coming soon!

Loving your TR - taking notes!

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it and taking notes! I think I overwhelm all my friends when they ask for Disney advice since I have so much to talk about! ha ha!

You're ALIVE!!! I've been thinking about you and keep checking to see if I missed an update. I can't wait for the next installment!

May 30th: Day 9, Part 1

When I last left you, I had skipped out on the Magic Kingdom fun to head back to Pop Century due to me not feeling well. I went to bed with high hopes of feeling better in the morning! I was really hoping to feel better because we had a day ahead of us that we were ALL looking forward to. It was a big day!!

We woke up and met up at the buses at 8:15. Par for the course, we barely waited for a bus and we were at our destination in no time! Where were we headed this morning? We had big plans at the Magic Kingdom!

We got to the Magic Kingdom just before Rope Drop and enjoyed the Welcome Show again. My girls love the Welcome Show and Harper still sings the “Good Morning” song at home! So cute! While waiting out front I got on MDE and decided to switch up our FP+. We had a Peter Pan FP+ for 10:05-11:05, but we wanted to try to switch the time. Long story short, when trying to switch it back we realized we lost it. I ended up getting a Jungle Cruise FP+ for that time frame and I was kicking myself. I just knew Harper would want to ride Peter Pan and we’d be waiting longer for that than we would for Jungle Cruise. I was a bit bummed because I thought I messed up, but there was nothing I could do about it so I sucked it up! Would that mistake turn out to be a blessing in disguise??

We got in the park right at 9:00 and made our way back to Fantasyland for our 9:00-10:00 FP+. Of course, even though we had our Anna and Elsa flip dolls we needed to make a stop in Sir Mickey’s to see if they had anything new and to look for an Olaf for my FIL. We left empty handed and headed towards the Carousel where we saw this…

and this…

300 Minutes to meet Anna and Elsa!!! My goodness. Well, I’m ecstatic to report… we did NOT wait 300 minutes because our first FP+ was the most coveted Anna and Elsa Meet and Greet!!! See, I told you it was a big day!

We got over to the line and the Cast Members were trying to tell us we needed to get into that huge line! I knew that we didn’t and we had a Fast Pass, but they kept telling us that we couldn’t go over that way. So we got in the line, but once we got to the front where the first CM is (by the wait sign) he told us we needed to head to the right into the FP+ line. See CM’s at the back of the line… we knew what we were doing! There was way more confusion there than there really needed to be. Eventually we were in line and waiting with just a few families ahead of us!

Then after waiting for just a few minutes, we were ushered into the room!

When it was out turn Anna bounced right on over to us and greeted the girls. I think they were in awe!

Anna and Elsa talked to the girls about being sisters and then Anna loved their braids! She said that Olaf tried to braid her hair into one big braid on the top of her head that stuck out like a Unicorn horn. They were both very engaging and it really was a great Meet and Greet! The girls were going to ask them where Olaf was, but the family in front of us did. Elsa told them that he was out enjoying all things “Summer”. Love it!

And then Derek and I had to hop in the picture!

I am sooooooo glad that we scored a FP+ for them! It was a great way to start the day!

You're ALIVE!!! I've been thinking about you and keep checking to see if I missed an update. I can't wait for the next installment!

Ha ha! Yes... I am alive! Sorry I left you guys hanging so long! Life has been nutso! Only a couple more days left of the TR so hopefully I can stick to it and get it done soon! Just posted the first part of Day 9!

What was wrong with those crazy CMs?!? They clearly didn't know who they were talking too! Wait in the 300 minute line--I don't think so! :rotfl2:

I'm glad you got to meet them! The pictures are cute!

Oops on the changing of the FP to Jungle Cruise but I hope it worked out.

Wow, that stand-by wait for Anna and Elsa. Ouch. I'm glad you got a FP+

It's sad sometimes that CMs don't know anything.

Very cute pictures with the girls.

Yay an update!! I actually opened the dis and when I saw you had updated I said "WOOT!" outloud. Lol

Yay for that FP!! Man! 300 minutes is NUTS!!

May 30th: Day 9, Part 2

So after we met with Anna and Elsa, Aurora was waiting for us. I felt really bad for her because I’m sure she knows everyone in that line was there to meet Anna and Elsa and not her. Now that Aurora has been moved out of Princess Fairytale Hall, I’m sure she doesn’t miss feeling inadequate next to those Frozen sisters… but I’m sure she does miss the air conditioning!

Others might have not been super excited to see her… but they were not my children!

Addie was very excited to see her! Addie just had to tell her that she dressed up like her at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique earlier in the week. I think that made Aurora’s day!

After our meet and greets with Anna, Elsa and Aurora, the girls were so excited! What a great way to start our day!

We were in line for Anna and Elsa around 9:10 and were out by 9:20! Thank goodness for FP+!

After our chilly meet and greet we had a bit of time before our next FP+, so we thought we may head over and get on Haunted Mansion. When passing Peter Pan’s Flight Harper saw it she just HAD to ride it! The wait time was 25 minutes, so we decided to hop on because we knew it wouldn’t get any shorter than that! We ended up waiting 20 minutes, so that wasn’t bad at all!

After we got off of Peter Pan’s Flight Addie really wanted to ride Splash Mountain. We checked and there was still not much of a wait time so we decided to head over that way. I don’t really think my MIL wanted to get wet so early in the morning, so my MIL and FIL volunteered to stay off with Harper. They ended up taking her on It’s a Small World while we headed over to Frontierland.

Once over there I think the wait time posted was 20 minutes. No problem because we had until 11:05 for our Jungle Cruise FP+. Got in line and the wait really didn’t seem all that long. Our ride was great as always and once again, we got much wetter than in previous trips! Addie was so funny… the whole wait she kept coming up with ideas for our ride pic. She finally decided on daddy giving us “bunny ears” and we were to act “scared”. Ha ha! Well, daddy did his part and I did my part… but Addie was too busy having a blast to remember to do it. Even though she had been talking about it the whole ride and even when we were going up the “big hill”. Ha ha!

(Picture taken at 10:34 for time reference!)

When we got off Splash Mountain my in laws and Harper were there waiting for us. We then all trekked over to Adventureland for our Jungle Cruise FP+. Remember how I was kicking myself and thinking I made a big mistake with switching around Peter Pan and Jungle Cruise? Well, turns out it wasn’t such a bad thing! Posted wait time for Peter Pan’s Flight was 25 minutes and posted wait time for the Jungle Cruise (just before 11:00) was 40 minutes! Woohoo!! We got right on a boat and our skipper was as funny as always!

After our journey into the jungle, we were needing a little snack! Since we were in the area, we decided to go to our “go to” snack of the trip… the Mickey Pretzel! We stopped and got one and since we still had quite a bit of snack credits remaining, we decided to get a Churro too! This was our first Churro experience and it did not disappoint! So yummy! While we were eating our snacks, Addie found a CM and made another pin trade! She was loving that pin trading business!

Since we had our bellies full and it was quickly approaching our last FP+ time we decided to head over that way… we were eagerly anticipating this FP+!!! A few days earlier the much anticipated Seven Dwarfs Mine Train had “officially” opened! Sure they had been doing “soft openings” for a little while, but it was now officially open… and open with FP+ opportunities!!! I’m sure you can guess where we were headed!

If you guess the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train… you were right!

Harper was just tall enough to ride with us, so we didn’t grab a Rider Swap for her and after being measured she got in the FP+ line with us! Only bad thing about the FP+ line was that we had to miss out on the (what I’ve heard is) awesome queue. Oh well… I’ll gladly skip the queue if that means I get to skip the 120 minute wait too! Even though you skip the fun queue, you still get to get up close and personal with the Dwarfs Cottage… so cute!

Everything about this ride was absolutely amazing! I’m not a rollercoaster person and I LOVED it! The ride is incredibly smooth… so smooth it didn’t feel like a rollercoaster! The way the mine buckets are designed, they move as you’re going around the corners. And then the mine scene… INCREDIBLE! And the cottage at the end… oh my! I can’t say enough wonderful things about this ride! Harper on the other hand… she looked scared out of her mind. When we got off I asked her, “Harper, do you want to go back on that ride tomorrow?” and I got an immediate “NO!!!” in return. The girl that loved the Barnstormer hated the Mine Train… makes sense?

All of us, but Harper, were on a high from riding the brand new ride and decided that we should probably head out and back to the resort to grab some lunch. We were out of the Magic Kingdom by noon and when we got to the bus stop, we decided to hop on an Art of Animation bus to eat lunch there! I’d been itching for some Create Your Own Pasta!

We were at AoA before we knew it and the emotions of our first visit came flooding back! We stayed at AoA on our very first trip (and my first trip ever) in October 2012 in the Little Mermaid rooms 2 weeks after they opened up! We had such a wonderful trip! I was disappointed to see that they had some walls up in the Food Court and were remodeling or doing something there. I hadn’t done any AoA research in prep for this trip, so I had no idea that was going on. What could they possibly need to remodel after being open for 2 ½ years!?

Lunch was great, but getting it was slow as molasses. Oh man. That took forever and my poor in laws were waiting at a table with my kiddos while we were getting our food, so they had to wait a long time to go up and get their food. Once we did get it, it did not disappoint. Create Your Own pasta is the way to go… you get like 2 servings for the price of one! You get sooooo much food! We ended up sharing our meals with the girls since it was so much food.

While at lunch it dawned on me… Addie didn’t have a PIN number attached to her Magic Band. We never got one attached to it and didn’t really think it was going to be a problem. But it occurred to me, it was going to be a big problem later on that evening if she didn’t have one! So after lunch we walked back to Pop and I stopped at the Concierge to remedy that issue. All was good!

It was about 1:30 when we got back to our room and we tucked the girls into bed. We were all going to have a big night, so into bed they went! Derek and I decided to lay down for a really quick shut eye, but even though we were really tired we woke up earlier than the girls. We had to get some things situated before the evening rolled around.

So what were our big plans?? I guess you’ll just have to check out the next post to find out!

May 30th: Day 9, Part 3

So why couldn’t Derek and I sleep as long as our children?? Because we had to get up and get ready for our hot DATE!! It was Date Night!!! I had been looking forward to this night forever. I had been excited for this night since way before we got there… way back in to the initial planning stages for the trip! As soon as I knew my in-laws were going with us, I asked Derek if he thought that they would watch the girls one night so we could hang out, just the two of us, at Disney. Of course they didn’t have a problem with this and date night was born! I was soooooo excited to do Disney WITHOUT children! We had planned a short anniversary trip for the two of us in September of 2013 that we ended up not doing because of many other things, so I was really excited for this night! Where were we headed to without children for the evening? Epcot of course! Yummy drinks in the World Showcase… here we come!

We planned on being at the bus for Epcot a bit before we actually made it there… and once there we didn’t get to leave despite a bus being right there. Why? Because once we got to the buses, I asked Derek if he had grabbed that Soarin’ Rider Swap ticket from when our friends were at Epcot with us. Of course he didn't... grrrrr!! Derek said he’d run back to the room at grab it, so I sat on a bench and he took off. And wouldn’t you know it… we missed that first bus and like 2 more came by while he was gone. DANG!!!

Derek was finally back and we were off to Epcot. But before we get into our Epcot adventures… where were my in-laws and the girls heading? They had a fun grandma/grandpa/kiddo date at Chef Mickey’s! And this would be why Addie needed her own PIN! We wouldn’t be there to “pay” for her meal with a dining credit… she would need to! I don’t really have any pictures of this dinner because my in-laws have them all, but I do have the Memory Maker pics!

They had such a good time! And dang, those girls looked cute in their Chef Mickey shirts I “made” them! So glad I bought those decals at the last minute! After dinner they came back to the Pop to swim and use up the Arcade credits they still had! My MIL threw them all in the bath and they were tucked in and passed out when we got “home”! So were my in-laws. Ha ha!

Now… back to our Date Night adventures!

While we were napping, it POURED outside. While at the buses the sky was still dark, so I made sure we had our ponchos in my bag just incase! We got to Epcot and the rain had started up again, but lightly. I spent all that time getting ready, so once off the bus I dug those ponchos and promptly put it on. Shoot… I actually dressed up for the evening so I wasn’t going to let the rain ruin it! But of course we had to take them off before our Date Night picture!

After we were in and finished with our picture, we were heading to the Land to use that Soarin’ Rider Swap! Yes, I felt slightly guilty using it without having our kids with us… but oh well! If you have it, use it! While walking to the back we came up on an older woman who was laying on the ground bleeding from the head! She had a ton of people around her assisting her, so despite the nurse in me screaming to help her, we didn’t stop. She was conscious, had like 7 people around her and EMS on the way so I thought I’d be more of a hurt than a help at that point… and really, I don’t do head wounds all that often so she was probably in better hands! Now, if she was popping out a baby in the Soarin’ FP+ line I’d be all over it! Ha ha!

Another amazing ride on Soarin’ and it was Derek’s first time in the front row! That’s absolutely the best way to ride that ride!! The lady next to us kept talking to us about the front row being awesome and when she heard it was Derek’s first time she was all excited for him. I LOVE people who love Disney as much as me! When our ride was over, Derek had to agree that the front row is the best!

After Soarin’ we decided that we would head over to the World Showcase. On the way to Soarin’ we stopped by the FP+ Kiosk just to see if we could get a FP+ in Epcot. We had yet to try out FP+ with park hopping on this trip, and I’m happy to report that it worked like a charm. Only FP+ that were out were Soarin’ and Test Track, so we grabbed a Maelstrom FP+ before our dinner reservation. While at the kiosk, Derek realized that the man helping us was from Hannibal, MO. So we had a nice little chat with him. Always fun meeting other people at Disney who are from a town (somewhat, if you consider a few hours close… ha ha!) close to you! Unfortunately, after getting off Soarin’ we decided we didn’t have enough time to hit up Maelstrom before our reservation… especially since on our way I had a trick up my sleeve!

Derek knew nothing about Club Cool and of course I was dying to make him try the Beverly! So I told him on our way was a spot to go in and try some different Coke products from around the world. So we get up to a machine and start trying all these different drinks, then I tell him that I hear the Beverly is really good. So of course that’s the next thing he filled his cup with! The girl next to me saw him doing that and started giggling. His reaction was great and I was dying laughing! He thought it was pretty funny too. Great times!

So after Club Cool we decided to wait on a Friendship boat to take us over to the other side of the World Showcase instead of walking over there. Oh, and I’m happy to report that the rain had stopped while we were in the Land!

So where were we headed to for dinner?

Italy! Via Napoli was our destination! We had eaten here on our last trip and I fell in love with their dessert, Zeppole, and had been craving it since our last trip so I knew this was going to be our destination for the night!

Once again, dinner did not disappoint! We had the same thing we had the last time we were there. Derek had the Candele and I had the Piatti alla Parmigiana - Pollo and we both gobbled them up… we were hungry! For dessert, I of course had the Zeppole and they were just as amazing as I remembered and I believe Derek had the Tiramisu. I think he was so full from dinner because he really didn’t eat much of it. I’m proud to say that I did share one Zeppole with him instead of keeping them all to myself and he thought they were just as awesome as I did! I think I know his new “go to” dessert for our next trips to Via Napoli!

When dinner was over it was about 8:00 and we decided to walk around towards the United Kingdom to find a spot for Illuminations. I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but this was our third trip to Disney and we had yet to see Illuminations! There was no was I was missing this show again! For the life of me I couldn’t remember where the “good” spots to watch the show were. I thought I remembered something about a bridge and we came across the bridge connecting France and the U.K. There were a handful of people on the bridge, but a lot of people in the little sitting area right next to it… so I threw the dice and bet on it being a good spot. I staked our claim to the spot and Derek headed off to grab some beverages!

Derek got back with my delicious Grand Marnier slush and he grabbed a beer for himself. My first time enjoying this drink too and it did not disappoint! I could have had a few of these! We enjoyed our drinks and “Cheers’d” to a fabulous night, enjoying each others company child-free!

Before Illuminations started, I had been wondering if we had a good spot or not… then I saw this…

The boats for the Illuminations Boat Cruises! I then KNEW we found ourselves a good spot! As the show rolled closer more and more people gathered around us. About 5 minutes before the show started this woman started practically pushing her children around and in front of us. We did not budge. I’m sorry… we had been in this spot for 45 minutes and this was our first time seeing it! I probably looked like a witch with a capital “B”, but I would have never done that to someone else so my kids could see and they could have planned a little better like we did to allow themselves plenty of time to find a spot. There were still “front row” spots on the bridge like 10 minutes before they got there… so they could have too if they would have gotten there just 15 minutes before show time. Now, if it was something I had seen before like MSEP I would have gladly stepped back. But that was just plain out rude. You don’t go PUSHING people! That’s ridiculous. If she would have asked nicely, maybe I would have considered it… but we’ll never know because that’s not what happened!

I LOVED Illuminations! We will most definitely be working that into our future trips! And we will most definitely be heading back to that bridge! Only thing I was bummed about was that I didn’t have our nice camera with us. We left it back at Pop for the evening so we didn’t have to haul it around, but I could have gotten some awesome pictures with that view! Oh well… there’s always a next time!

After Illuminations was over we let the crowd filter out and we headed back towards the back of the World Showcase. We were in no hurry to leave because Epcot had evening Extra Magic Hours!! We decided to enjoy the peacefulness of no children and just wander the World Showcase. We stopped in a few stores and made our way over to Norway. Neither one of us had ridden the Maelstrom ever, so we decided that’s what we were doing. And now that there’s rumors of it going bye-bye to be remade as a Frozen themed ride, I’m glad we rode it! We both thought it was on the creepy side and thought the girls would have been a little freaked out. Like I said, glad we tried it out… but I can now say that it’s not something I’d be going out of my way to do again if it were still around!

After Maelstrom we decided that we would head out of Epcot. We knew that the Magic Kingdom was open until midnight, so we made that our next destination! On our way out we stopped in Mouse Gears to browse and headed to the Monorail.

Great night at Epcot with my love!

We took our "leaving Epcot" picture at 10:20 and headed right up to the Monorail and we were at the Magic Kingdom around 10:45. So nice going into the Magic Kingdom without a stroller! Ha ha! Crowds were lined up for the 11:00 MSEP so we got through them and headed up towards the Castle.

Once we got to the Hub, we made our way over to a ride that I hadn’t ridden this trip! The rest of the family rode it the night before when I wasn’t feeling well, so we took that opportunity to head to the Haunted Mansion! Extra creepy in the middle of the night! We walked right into the stretching room… love it! While on it our Doomsbuggy got stopped by the Haunted Ballroom scene. While that was a fun scene to get stopped by, this was not the ride I would have wanted to get stopped in! I’m one of those “can’t even watch scary movies” people… so the H.M. give me the heebie jeebies at times!

After H.M. Derek wanted to go over and ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Despite me not being the biggest fan, I sucked it up and rode it with him. Once again, it was another walk-on! Gotta love riding rides during MSEP! After that ride we made our way back over towards Fantasyland. We really wanted to hop on the Mine Train, but the line was still huge so we made our way back into New Fantasyland and made a trip under the sea. Another walk-on!

Once we got off of that it was a little before midnight, so we decided that we should probably head out and back to Pop. But first, I took the opportunity to take my most favorite picture I’ve ever taken EVER at Disney. In fact, it’s the background on my phone and every time I look at it, it makes me smile! I hope it makes you smile too!

Pure beauty. And if you don’t think so… you don’t have a heart!

On our way out we stopped at the Confectionary to grab some treats! I got a chocolate covered Rice Krispie treat and Derek got himself a cookie. We strolled out of the Magic Kingdom a little after midnight with our chocolate treats in hand… feeling like a little kid again! There’s just something about the Magic Kingdom that bring out the child in everyone. And when you’re thrown back into the real world with work, bills, deadlines and hustle and bustle of getting everyone where they need to be, you don’t have many of those moments. I think that’s the thing that hooked me on Disney… watching my children have the time of their lives and getting to hop in there and do it to! *Alert* Major P.D.D. moment right now!!

Once out of the Magic Kingdom, there was a bus there waiting for us and we were back to Pop at 12:35 and were met by sleeping children who were already hogging the beds! Ha ha! Late night, but so much fun! We really did have a blast and when you ask Derek what his favorite moment of the trip was he tells you, “Date Night!” And having this night, the night before our last day at Disney made it even that much better. When you’re about to leave Disney, you really learn to appreciate those moments! The late night/early morning the next morning was totally worth it!

so many wonderful things in this update! i'm glad you all got to have such a great date night in the best place to have a date night ever. minus the rude woman at illuminations. there's always gotta be one trying to ruin it for everyone else, huh?

I love your splash mountain ride picture--so funny!--and that castle picture is awesome! so pretty.....sigh!

the girls chef mickey shirts turned out great! they look so cute.

Oh your date night sounds fantastic! Reminds me of our pre-Charlotte trips.

I am so glad you guys had FP+ for Anna and Elsa. That wait would have been awful! Yay for the mine train! It sounds awesome! What a great day.

I totally know want you mean about the dread do reliving the last Disney day! It's hard, but your next trip will be here before you know it. Have you talked Derek into another family trip yet?

What a wonderful date night!!! I'm so glad you guys got that! :)

And I love the chef Mickey shirts too! Super cute!!

Love your trip report :) i have a 3 year old daughter as weel, she is also a harper ;) im loving the shirts you all are wearing. Where did they come from?

What was wrong with those crazy CMs?!? They clearly didn't know who they were talking too! Wait in the 300 minute line--I don't think so! :rotfl2:

I know, right?! Don't you know who I am? Don't you know that I probably know more about Disney than you do? Ha ha!

I'm glad you got to meet them! The pictures are cute!

I'm glad we were able to get that FP+ at least once in our Disney life... maybe the hype will have died down a bit by the next time we go and we won't feel like we need to have a FP+ for them!

Oops on the changing of the FP to Jungle Cruise but I hope it worked out.

As you may read later on... it did!

Wow, that stand-by wait for Anna and Elsa. Ouch. I'm glad you got a FP+

Who in their right mind would wait 300 minutes for a few minute tops Meet and Greet!?!?

It's sad sometimes that CMs don't know anything.

You would think that if they were in charge of the Elsa and Anna line they would know what they were doing! I'm sure they get some heated people through there!

Very cute pictures with the girls.

Thanks!

Yay an update!! I actually opened the dis and when I saw you had updated I said "WOOT!" outloud. Lol

Ha ha! Get ready for some more "WOOT WOOTING" because I have a few more updates typed up! Woohoo!

Yay for that FP!! Man! 300 minutes is NUTS!!

Nuts doesn't even begin to describe it. It was ridiculous!

so many wonderful things in this update! i'm glad you all got to have such a great date night in the best place to have a date night ever. minus the rude woman at illuminations. there's always gotta be one trying to ruin it for everyone else, huh?

Date night was wonderful!!! So glad to have a kiddo free night. After a long vacation, it was much needed!

I love your splash mountain ride picture--so funny!--and that castle picture is awesome! so pretty.....sigh!

Funny ride pic poses it Addie's new thing... she's so funny! The most perfect picture of the Castle ever. Love it!

the girls chef mickey shirts turned out great! they look so cute.

They did turn out well! I was glad I decided to get them!

Oh your date night sounds fantastic! Reminds me of our pre-Charlotte trips.

Ahhhh, pre-kid trips. If only I were a Disney believer pre-kids! If I only knew then what I know now!

I am so glad you guys had FP+ for Anna and Elsa. That wait would have been awful! Yay for the mine train! It sounds awesome! What a great day.

The Mine Train was awesome! Sooooo lucky that it opened up while we were there!

I totally know want you mean about the dread do reliving the last Disney day! It's hard, but your next trip will be here before you know it. Have you talked Derek into another family trip yet?

Unfortunately, no. :( I really want to go back like next May (the same time frame as this trip), but I don't think it's going to be possible. My SIL (Derek's brother's wife) is graduating with her doctorate out in Denver and then my dad, not even a week later, mentioned wanting to take another trip out to Colorado. So I'm thinking our summer vacation will most likely be to the mountains... and I'm not talking Splash, Space and Big Thunder. If we go next year it would have to be pulling Addie out of school because I really don't want to go in the heat/crowds of the summer! So I ran this idea by my MIL and my SIL a they're both gung-ho for it! Now I just need to convince Derek! I'm thinking like an 8 night/day parks trip and a 4 night Disney cruise! Sounds great, huh? And if we have 2 years so save $ it's doable... right!? Derek would like to go to a beach after Disney... but I think the cruise sounds just as relaxing!

What a wonderful date night!!! I'm so glad you guys got that! :)

Me too!

And I love the chef Mickey shirts too! Super cute!!

Thanks!

Love your trip report :) i have a 3 year old daughter as weel, she is also a harper ;) im loving the shirts you all are wearing. Where did they come from?

Thanks! Glad to have you along! Yup... great minds think alike. I love the name Harper. I think it's just such a pretty name! All of the shirts that look "homemade" are all vinyl iron ons that I bought from Miss Morgan's Designs. She has sooooooo much cute stuff! You just buy the decal and then your own shirt and iron them all on. They're so easy to do!

Ha ha... see what I did there with that title?? Minnie, you know... like mini?? Oh I'm just so cleaver! :rotfl:

So today marks our 60 day mark for my Girls Only Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon trip! I can't even believe it! I know Nov. 7th will be here before I know it and I love it... although I know the remainder of my training days will quickly be gone too! Time to buckle down and get back into the swing of things!

Planning for this trip has been trumped by training and life. A little over a week ago I realized, "Oh my gosh! I've gotta get FP+ all figured out and actually buy my park tickets!!" I can't believe how quickly the 60 day mark sneaked up on me!

There definitely hasn't been time for an "official" PTR so I thought I'd sneak one in here because I'm sure you don't mind hearing about a little Disney planning! Going to be pretty text heavy here... no time for pics tonight! :cool1:

Okay... here's the who, what, when, where and details!

The Who

My sister, Kelli: Kelli has never really been to Disney and is a big skeptic. I am determined to make her a believer on this trip! I say never "really" been to Disney because she has been once before in high school with youth group at church. She doesn't even really remember what parks they went to because she really didn't care. She has even gone to the lengths to say that she really didn't even want to go into a park or stay on property. Ummmm... what?? :furious: Yeah, I know. Pick your jaws up off the ground now! I put a stop to that and am forcing her to go to one park with us! And of course we're staying on property! Ha ha!

Originally I planned to take her to the Magic Kingdom because I really wanted to take her to the Castle, but the further we've gotten into this planning process the more I've realized that she just isn't into Disney. Or at least, she doesn't yet know she's into Disney! I really think she has it stuck in her head that Disney is for kids and I'm afraid that if I take her to the Magic Kingdom she won't be willing to open her eyes to all of the magic surrounding her. pixiedust: So our new plan is to make her park day an Epcot day. Epcot will be in it's final days of the Food and Wine Festival so we will enjoy all that Epcot has to offer plus the more "big kid" rides. I'm saving the Castle for when she, her husband and my niece (who's 7 months old now) come to Disney with us some day. Hopefully seeing her child's eyes light up will open her eyes and melt her Frozen heart. :rotfl:

My sister-in-law, Brandy: Brandy is Derek's brother's wife and loves Disney as much as me! She went to Disney as a teen and then they were with us on our very first trip back in 2012. That is the last time she's been to WDW and has been itching to get back! So when she found out that my sister and I were doing the Wine and Dine she was quick to express interest! She will be flying down with me and home with me and we will have a blast acting like grown children together!

Me: By now you should know enough about me to know how crazy I am!

The What

My party before my funeral. Just kidding! At least I'm hoping that 1/2 Marathon isn't going to kill me! :rotfl:

Back in February I decided I needed a great long term goal to get back into running and then my sister had a baby the end of January and she was determined to lose the baby weight. I realized that the Wine and Dine registration was coming up in a few weeks, so my sister and I decided that we'd sign up and make a Girls Trip out of it!

Then my SIL found out we were doing it and wanted to join in too! She and my sister are big runners and this was right up Brandy's alley. My sister obviously didn't want to make a big trip out of it, but I could not go all the way down to Orlando and not spend a few days in the parks! Lucky for me, my SIL was all for staying for a few extra days! Woohoo!! :cool1:

The When

November 7th - November 11th! Coming up!

Brandy just moved back home from Virginia, so we will be on the same flights together! We land in Orlando at 10:30 on Friday the 7th and leave at 12:10 on Tuesday the 11th. Thank you free Southwest points!

Then my sister lives in Dallas, so she's flying in Friday night landing at 5:30 and will be leaving at the butt-crack of dawn on Monday morning (the 10th) at 6:30. She was hoping to get back in time to work some that day so she doesn't have to take a day off and she can still keep her daughter in part-time daycare. Late night Sunday night and being picked up by the Tragical Express at 3:30... glad it's her and not me! Ha ha!

The Where

:cool1: DISNEY WORLD!!! :cool1:

After a brief (like a day) of almost switching to All Star Movies because we couldn't get a discount at Pop when they were released, my TA let me know that discounted rooms became available at Pop! So we got to stay at Pop Century where we originally booked. We decided to book there because we were trying to go the "cheaper" route, the easy access to Art of Animation and their Create Your Own pasta for our pre-race and the buses to and from the race!

Rough Schedule including parks, ADR's and FP+

Friday, November 7th:

- Land in Orlando at 10:30. Get to Pop, check in and drop off bags. Then my SIL and I will be headed to our first park of the trip! Hollywood Studios!
- HS is super close to Pop so we're hoping to be there by 12:30, maybe noon if all the stars align!
- Spend the day at HS hitting up some rides, shows and food!
- FP+ for the day... TSMM 12:25-1:25, Voyage of the Little Mermaid 2:40-2:55 and Tower of Terror 4:15-5:15.
- Leave HS around 6:00 to get back to Pop to meet my sister when she lands.
- Then either DtD for dinner and the rest of the evening or some other non-park quick serve ending up at the Poly and the beach watching Wishes. We'll play it by ear!

Saturday, November 8th:

- Breakfast ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe at 9:25.
- Heading over to the Expo to pic up our race packets after breakfast.
- Maybe AoA quick serve for lunch depending on the time and how hungry we are... a pre-race quality meal of course!
- Back to Pop to nap and rest up for the race!
- Half Marathon time!!!
- Depending on how we feel and when we finish, we may hit up the post race party at Epcot... but chances are we'll just go back to Pop! It's gonna be late!

Sunday, November 9th:

- Pray we wake up after our run!
- Ideally I'd like to make it for Rope Drop at Epcot, but if we don't think we'll wake up that early then I can reschedule our 1st two FP+ for later in the day the night before or that morning.
- First part of the day spent in Future World using our FP+ which are... Mission Space 9:20-10:20, Spaceship Earth 10:20-11:20 and Soarin' 11:20-12:20. We will ride Test Track at RD or single rider line later in the day.
- After Future World we will head into the World Showcase with the thousands of other people and enjoy the Food and Wine Festival kiosks.
- No ADR's today... we'll just snack and maybe hit up Sunshine Seasons for breakfast.
- Back to Pop after Illuminations!

Monday, November 10th:

- Kelli leaves us bright and early.
- Rope Drop at Magic Kingdom
- Tour the park starting over in Frontierland most likely, then heading into Liberty Square, Fantasyland, New Fantasyland and then into Tomorrowland. We'll just play it by ear as to what rides we'll hit up.
- FP+ for the day... Peter Pan's Flight 9:45-10:45, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 12:45-1:45 and Space Mountain 1:55-2:55. Yes, I'm sure you see Space Mountain and are thinking... but you hate Space! Brandy doesn't hate it, so I'm gonna suck it up for her!
- Hopefully we'll hit up all our favorites during the day and possibly watch the Festival of Fantasy parade.
- Leave MK around 4:00 to head to dinner.
- Dinner ADR at 'Ohana at 5:00. Can't wait! Originally this was supposed to be our Epcot day, but since we changed it post ADR's and can't really move around 'Ohana we will most likely be missing out on the Castle Lighting Show. Bummed about that, but as long as I get to see the Castle all lit up I'll be happy!
- After dinner... Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!
- Maybe hit up rides we didn't get to, definitely enjoying hot cocoa, cookies, Christmas shows, the (last) parade and Fireworks! Can't wait!

Tuesday, November 11th:

- Picked up by the Tragical Express at 9:10 and head to the airport...

And there you have it!! I cannot wait to go! But I'm really going to hate leaving knowing that I don't know when I'll be back. :( Hopefully, I get the hubs on board for a 2016 trip if I can't get him on board for a 2015 trip!

May 31st: Day 10, Part 1

Oh my goodness… how is this possibly our last full day at Disney!?!? The day that you dread. The day that you want to make sure you did every last thing that you wanted to do on your trip. The day before you are thrown back into the “Real World“. Unfortunately Disney isn’t the “Real World”… if it was there would be World Peace. Ha ha!

As much as I dread this day, I must say I love it as well. It never fails, we spend this day thinking and talking about all of the previous days. Kind of like a mini-highlight reel of our vacation. And because we know we’re trying to make sure no stone goes unturned, it’s always a fabulous day! On that note, here you have it… the last day of fun!

Today we got our money’s worth out of our park hoppers! On the agenda was 3 different parks! 3 parks, but they all fit so beautifully into one day. First park up… Hollywood Studios!

We had a breakfast ADR here at Hollywood and Vine for 9:35. Knowing that Hollywood Studios was so close, we decided that we didn’t need to get to the bus as early as originally planned… and after Derek and I’s long night the night before, the little bit later wake-up time was much appreciated! Since Star Wars weekends were going on, plan for today was just to eat breakfast and head out to our next park!

The streets were PACKED and there were already people sitting down on the curb awaiting the Star Wars parade they had. Not sure what time that parade was, but I know it wasn’t until at least 11:30... like 2 hours away!

We had such a great experience at Hollywood and Vine our last trip and then in between trips they changed up the character line-up to include Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First. Addie already had it on her “must eat at” list… and then knowing that Doc and Sofia were there it made it a no brainer! Our last trip, we had the best character interaction of the whole trip here and the breakfast food was pretty decent so we had high hopes for this meal again!

Food was still pretty good, but the character interaction was no where near what it was the year before. They were pretty scarce and this meal took forever! And our server was less than stellar. So slow at getting out drinks and then never refilled them. Asked for more napkins, never got them until we asked someone else. Nothing absolutely awful like that lady at Whispering Canyon Café… but it was pretty annoying! The girls really enjoyed themselves, so that’s all that matters… right? One great thing that happened was that there was a pretty awesome CM working with the characters that really helped us out. Addie was in the bathroom when Sofia came by our table and I KNEW that she would have been REALLY bummed to miss her, so I said something to that CM and she said that when our breakfast was over to come find her and she would get Sofia to meet Addie. That CM saved the day for sure!!

After our meal my FIL wanted to grab Derek’s brother a popcorn bucket that he had seen a couple of days ago on our Hollywood Studios day… the Darth popcorn bucket! My BIL loves Star Wars, so they knew they had to get one for him! And bonus… we had popcorn to eat for the afternoon! Ha ha!

Hollywood Studios was just way too crazy and we had other plans for our afternoon… so after finding the popcorn bucket, we were out the gates and heading to our next park!

May 31st: Day 10, Part 2

On our way out of Hollywood Studios, the Addie had already passed out in the stroller. She was a piece of work at breakfast and we knew she must have still had the “Grandma and Grandpa Hangover” from the night before… and let’s be honest… it was Day 10. I think we were all pretty much feeling that way! So once out of the gates, the grown-ups decided to stop in front and take some Photo Pass pics. Now, I would have loved to have the girls in ours, but sometimes sleep is just WAY more important!

So where were we headed next?? To a Friendship boat and to Epcot! Our last trip we did the same thing on our last day and taking a boat from Hollywood Studios to Epcot is a wonderful way to see the Boardwalk area. So by doing this I felt like we were giving my in-laws another little “tour” of what else Disney has to offer!

And bear with me… I took tons of pictures! Ha ha!

Ah… my favorite Tower was looking wonderful this morning!

Bye Hollywood Studios! See ya in November!

And if you look real close… you can see a Bride and Groom getting their pictures taken! Too bad I wasn’t a Disney “freak” before we got married! Maybe we can renew our vows in the future!

Even the boat dock is wishing me a magical day!

Ahhhhh… the International Gateway. I absolutely love coming into Epcot back here. Everything is just so beautiful!

May 31st: Day 10, Part 3

Our boat ride to Epcot was wonderful and like I said before, I love getting dropped off at the International Gateway! The World Showcase really is beautiful!

Once off the boat and into the World Showcase, we quickly realized that there was nobody back there! We had gotten to the International Gateway around 11:45 and had just eaten that big breakfast, so nobody was really all that hungry. We had planned on using up the rest of our snack credits by snacking around the World for “lunch”… but that really didn’t happen because we were just too dang full! So instead we just enjoyed ourselves and took in the sights.

The girls loved the “fishies” in the Japan Pavilion!

These little guys were all over the place back in Japan!

We sat down back in Japan and Addie wanted to take a turn with the camera…

Look… you can’t tell that I’m freaking out on the inside because Addie has our nice camera! Ha ha! I made sure many times that the strap was securely around her neck!

She enjoyed being a little photographer!

After our little stop in Japan, we were off again!

Look how empty the World Showcase was! Harper loved just being able to get out of the stroller and run!

It wasn’t long and we were in the America Pavilion. It was here where we decided to take a Pit Stop to use the restrooms and then Addie and Harper found an empty “Duffy Table” and decided they wanted to color another one! When they colored their Duffy bears we only got Mexico stamped… so Addie was determined to get more stamped this time around.

Another “They really do love each other” moment!

While the girls were there coloring, we saw that the Fife and Drum Corps was getting ready to do their show!

When we saw that they were getting ready to play, we decided to head out and walk some more. When we left we had one destination… Germany and Karamel Kuche! I had been eyeing that place all trip! So we had to stop on our last day! Addie and I both got Caramel and Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Derek got some Caramel-dipped Cookie. Addie and I devoured our strawberries!! After we got done eating, Derek went into a store in Germany that we had seen the night before and bought his recruiter at work a Boot.

While Derek was doing that, Addie, Harper and I went to the Kid-Cot Fun Spot in Germany and got their Platy’s stamped and then we realized that with Caramel on our minds, we bypassed Italy! So the girls and I went back there and got that one stamped. After our snacks we ventured on into China and Norway to get their things stamped there. Addie loved the stamp in China where the CM wrote her and Harper’s name in Chinese! She thought that was so cool!

We got to Mexico and Addie didn’t want to stop there since she had gotten her Duffy stamped from Mexico. When we were through Mexico, where the walkway enters the World Showcase, we saw Duffy and asked Addie if she wanted to meet him since she had been obsessed with him all week… and she decided that she didn’t! You could tell she was getting a little sleepy. They both were! Since it was our last day and we wanted to fit 3 parks in, we decided to forego naps today. The girls (and grandpa!) were troopers!

We decided to head on over to Innoventions East to check it out since we had yet to do that on any of our trips! It was a nice cool place to stop in and check out while my FIL and I found a spot to park it to check-in for our flights the next day. In just 24 hours, we would be getting on an airplane and heading back to St. Louis… noooooo!!!!! Derek, his mom and the girls all did the “weather” thing and then Addie was really upset when she realized that she wasn’t tall enough for Sum of All Thrills. I felt bad for her. She wanted to ride it so bad! I know one thing she’s going to be anxiously awaiting being tall enough to ride!

After we got all checked in for our flights, we told Addie we could go into Mouse Gears just to look around. Of course she wanted to buy stuff, but we told her we were getting ready to head back to the Magic Kingdom for the evening and maybe we’d buy her something she really wanted there. She seemed to be satisfied with that answer. Ha ha!

After Mouse Gears, we grabbed some waters and headed towards the Monorail to get to the Magic Kingdom for the remainder of our evening! You have to end your Disney trip at the Magic Kingdom! And we sure had a special way to end our trip in store for us!

Wahoo!! More updates!!

So at the breakfast did you see handy manny as you exited? He doesn't come to the table?
We're doing that meal, I thing...I have an ADR but I'm starting to rethink it. Caden loves handy manny but is not a jake fan and is indifferent to Sofia and doc. So idk. He'll probably still have fun as long as he's enjoying the character thing. Now *MOMMY* kinda wants to meet Sofia and doc cause I love those shows. Haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter