Where we ate 10/16 - 10/23

minniesota

<font color=purple>Land is a good thing, too<br><f
Ohana - Had a PS for 7:30 and we were seated in 15 minutes. Everyone (5 adults, 3 kids) loved the wings and wontons. The salad was excellent but the real hit at our table was the green beans - out of this world! As for the skewers, the winners were the turkey and pork though I loved the shrimp. The beef was ok. We loved the pineapple and caramel. Plenty of food! Our only complaint was the noise level, I know it's a fun happening spot for the kids but the "cousin" with the mic was SO LOUD it was hard to converse. Even our waiter commented how loud she was. Food - A Atmosphere - C

Cape May Character Brunch - Our PS was for 10:40 but we were not seated until after 11. Everyone was starving! Food was very good - tasted fresh and hot! Kids loved Krispy Cremes, Mickey waffles, bacon and fruit. The grown-ups loved the scrambled eggs with onion, mushrooms and red peppers, bacon (which our server said was baked, not fried), sausage and ample fruit. The sweet breads were also delicious as was the fresh squeezed OJ. We had a wonderful server - a real veteran - and she was delightful. Character interaction was great and for that type of meal, this one was very calm and relaxing. Food - A atmosphere - A

Cosmic Ray's - We decided to eat here the night of MNSSHP (a spur of the moment decision). Two adults ordered the chicken and said it was good though somewhat greasy. The other adults ordered hamburgers and hit the toppings bar. Either we were really hungry or these burgers were fabulous. We wolfed them down. Fries were kind of mushy so left those to the kids who ate cheeseburgers and hot dogs (my son said the hot dog was gross). Food - A Atmosphere - C

Cantina de San Angel - Three adults ate here while the kids got Happy Meals (yech). DH had a beef burrito and a Corona while my sister and I split the chicken tacos. We each had a margarita and the table shared chips and salsa. I thought the chicken tacos were excellent; the margarita pretty wimpy. This was a nice cool place to sit however and catch our breath. Food - B Atmosphere - B

Yorkshire County Fish Shop - Stopped here for a quick dinner (4 adults) before the F&W Festival. We split 3 orders. I know this meal is deep-fried and I should expect greasy but this seemed over the top greasy. Wouldn't eat here again. Food - C Atmosphere - B

Food and Wine Festival - With our tummies digesting fish and chips, we didn't sample too much. We thought the Shrimp on the Barbie was OK and we loved the flourless chocolate cake. Sampled lots of wine and my mom loved the Rosa Regale champagne!

Mama Melrose - Ate lunch here and LOVED it. Such a pleasant atmosphere and our waiter was excellent. We ordered a Moretti draft for DH and 3 strawberry coladas for the ladies. Five adults split three flatbreads - a grilled chicken, portabella mushroom and tomato basil along with a family salad (our waiter suggested this as a better value and it was!) The kids had pizza and pasta your way. We also had some delicious bread with a pesto dipping sauce and an olive and sundried tomato sauce (came with the meal). Everything was fantastic - we will be back! Food - A+ Atmosphere - A

Spoodles - First time here, too. Had dinner before our Illuminations cruise and everyone thought this place was awesome. We ordered two appetizers - the sauteed chili garlic shrimp and grouper cheeks with a wasabi sauce - both excellent and enough for 5 adults. For entrees, three ordered the salmon and raved about it. DH, the pasta man, had rigatoni with Italian sausage, tomatoes and portabello mushrooms and I had the Seafood Paella which was to die for. The blend of spices in the rice was perfect and the dish contained generous portions of shrimp, scallops, oyster, clams, mussels, calamari, mahi, crab and chorizo. Kids ate Mickey pasta, popcorn shrimp amd cheese pizza. We have added this to our favorites list.. YUM! Food - A+ Atmosphere - A

Tusker House - Another first, lunch this time for 4 adults. Two had the chicken salads which were huge and had lots of chicken and two of us had the turkey wrap with corn chowder. I mention this place because we thought it was a great counter service place for adults. (DH and the kids ate at Pizzafaria!) We found Tusker House to be cool and relaxing and the food was quite good.
Food - B Atmosphere - B-

Hollywood and Vine - Did the Fantasmic package and we really liked the food. We had a bit of a wait to get in (15-20 minutes) so it felt a little rushed but not too bad. I know this place has been trashed here and there but we all found lots of things we liked. I especially enjoyed the peel and eat shrimp, blackened salmon, sauteed green beans with onion and bacon(yum), roasted potatoes and roasted vegetables. The kids found things they liked and everyone loved the dessert table. So much to choose from - the warm berry cobbler was my favorite!
Is this worth the money for everyone? Hard to say - I never go to those buffets thinking I have to eat my money's worth. For us, it was worth it not to have to stand in line for Fantasmic, especially with my parents. And we all had a really good meal. Now that I have tried Mama Melrose, though, I might be tempted to try that next time. Food - B+ Atmosphere - C

Le Cellier - First time here - lunch with mom, dad and sister. We were blown away. I've been reading about this place on the boards and am so glad we tried it. The service was fantastic and we loved the feel of the place. My sister and I had the teriyaki glazed salmon salad and it was the best. Unless you asked my mom who had the Vancouver chicken sandwich and vegetable noodle salad. The sandwich was topped with Canadian bacon, Black Diamond cheddar, a cucumber slaw and wasabi mayo. She went on and on about the noodle salad. My dad also loved his choice - the grilled steak burger topped with bleu cheese and served with potato salad or fries. He had the salad and said it was great. My dad had a LaBatt's and we girls had a glass of wine. To top off the lunch, our waitress brought out a fabulous piece of chocolate cake on a decorated dinner plate wishing my parents a happy 75th birthday - it was a work of art! We didn't have our camera so she offered to take a digital and e-mail it to us! This place is the best!
Food - A++ Atmosphere - A+

Plaza Restaurant - This is a lunch favorite for us when we are at MK. The kids have great memories here. Sis and I split the turkey sandwich and German potato salad and the kids had grilled cheese. Oh forgot - my son asked if he could get a grilled peant butter sandwich instead and they didn't skip a beat. He said it was his best meal!

We stayed concierge at the GF during the end of our trip so used the lounge quite a bit. Everything there was outstanding and it was great for the kids who wanted to try new things. We had some great food this trip - really not a bad meal and we definitely found some new favorites. Can't wait to go back!

We also love Mama Melrose's and LeCellier and always happy to see good reviews on these.I found all your reviews were well written and I enjoyed reading them.Thank you for posting them.::yes:: :wave2:

Ohhhm, we've opted for Flying Fish over Le Cellier this time and now you've got me waffleing. Maybe lunch one day.....

Great reviews!

Great Reviews!

Can you tell me what the Family Salad was at Mama Melrose's? We just ate here for the first time last month & really loved it. How many people does it feed and do you remember approx how much $?

We are thinking about trying the Plaza at MK in January - glad to hear a good review. Thanks! :)

Arizonacolbys - The salad was the field greens with balsamic vinaigrette and gorgonzola cheese. The cost would have been $3.99 x 5 adults or about 20 bucks, but our wonderful server suggested the family size which was $10.99. We all had plenty - there may have even been a little left in the bowl!

The Plaza is the best - we eat here every trip - such a nice cool and calm respite fom the park. Highly recommend the reuben, plaza club and turkey sandwiches, and the potato salad is not to be missed if you like German style. My sister and I almost always split a sandwich so we save room for a cone! My kids love the kids meals here! Enjoy!

Thanks for the quick response! The salad might be a great option when my parents join us for dinner at MM in January. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Great reviews! Thanks for sharing :)

Did you run into any other Minnesotans taking advantage of MEA?

tkyes - Suprisingly, we only ran into one group of Minnesotans and they were two retired couples. We knew of several families who were there but we never ran into them. I was surprised at how much busier the parks were than in past MEA weeks. But with planning and fast pass, we did just fine!

Thank you so much for your reviews. Everything is sounds so nice. We are trying both Cape May Cafe (for breakfast) and LeCellier (CP dinner package) this December, so it was great to hear such good reviews of those two.

Thanks,
Tricia

Thanks for the great reviews.

I'm glad you likes Spoodles as it is one of our favorite places to eat at WDW. They have the best salmon that I ever got in a restaurant.

Thanks for the reviews! I am really going to have to make it a priority to try Le Cellier next time I visit. Every time I put it on the "maybe" list and never make it over, but I keep reading so many great reviews, I have to make the plunge.

Minniesota, Really enjoyed your reviews, thanks!

We have a PS for sister's birthday lunch at LTT. I was wondering if Plaza is a sitdown restaurant? We are not looking for anything too fancy, salads, sandwiches, kids menu - and of course the luxury of being served and a restful moment from the days activities.
Any comments - anyone?
Thanks.

lademps - I've been to both and I would recommend the Plaza. It is a sit-down and is really a pretty spot. You walk in and it just feels relaxed, cool and peaceful! It's not a huge menu but there is a good variety (check out allears.net) and the food is delicious! We have always had excellent service, too. I should add that we usually make a PS for around 11:45 - 12 for lunch and it has never been really busy. Enjoy!

Enjoyed your reviews. The Plaza and Mama Melrose are two of our favorites too although MM is usually a lunch choice for us.

We lived in MN for 4 years back in the 80s but I don't remember
MEA. Is it like Jersey week?

BCV23 - MEA is Mn Education Association - teacher convention. It always means a 4-day weekend but this year we had an extra day in our district. With a 13-year old and an almost 11 year old, it's getting harder to pull them out of school for more thn a couple of days. Our viisit to MM was lunch, too, but we were wondering how it is for dinner. ANyone know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter