Where to stay Saturday night

dlr25

Earning My Ears
We're flying to Orlando on a Saturday but don't want to use points for a Saturday night stay. I'm sure a lot of other people do this all the time. Does anyone have a favorite one night place near WDW? We'll check into OKW on Sunday.

You could try to get a room at Port Orleans. It is right near OKW and right now they have rooms for only $99.00/night (per mousesavers.com)

I would stay at the Hyatt in the airport. Pick up you car the next day and head to DVC check-in. Check out the rates on their web site

I agree, get a room at the airport, like the amerisuites and then get transported to Disney on Sunday moring. No car is needed.

Or you bite the bullet and stay at the DVC on Saturday and not blow a day of your vacation changing rooms. Just an opposite viewpoint.

Usually we try to plan our Orlando time to Sunday through Thursday, but when we have to stay weekends we usually opt for the Disney All Star hotels to save on points.

I'd check the specials on this website. We got a room at the Dolphin for $129 and moved to the Boardwalk the next day. Still had that wonderful awe of driving up to a Disney Hotel at the Dolphin and were in wonderful proximity. I believe baggage moving is offerred as well. There are also the hotels near downtown Disney, we could have stayed there at the courtyard for $89 and had Disney transportation and the one hour early entry advantage.

Good luck.

Another option is a hotel in Lake Buena Vista.

I like places on Palm Parkway during off DVC nights. It's close to Downtown Disney and an easy move to OKW from there.

Check out: Hampton Inn, Sierra Suites, Homewood Suites.

We have been pleased with the Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista Suites. It's a new property and is only a mile or so from the Disney gateway with no traffic lights! We have 3 kids, so the KidSuite with a King bed in the master, bunk beds in the kid's room, and a sofabed in the living room work well for us. The breakfast is included and the Florida Fun Rate (for Florida residents) is $89.
Check them out at (877)-387-5437 or http://www.hifamilysuites.com

I had the same situation. I used Priceline for a 4* hotel in the WDW area. Paid $50/night and am staying at the Wyndham Palace for the one Saturday nite.

Thanks for all the great ideas. We are staying 10 nights(including the weekend) at our "home", OKW, but were able to get significantly reduced airfares if we went in one day earlier. That means we will be arriving on Saturday instead of Sunday. We don't want to try to arrange a third weekend night at OKW since we depleted our points with an exchange last year. These are all good ideas. We had thought we might drive over to the beach for a night before going to our"home".

I also used priceline.com and got the Grosvenor for $50 for my Saturday night. We arrived at 9:30 m and then got up early to go grocery shopping and head over to OKW. What a pleasant surprise we got in that our room was ready at 10:30 AM!!!!!!!!

Good luck and have a great trip!!

We have used Saturday's for staying at resorts we might not stay at otherwise, like the ones with expensive per-night rates or points. We have stayed at the Contemporary Tower one year and the Fort Wilderness cabins another. We think it is a nice way of experiencing other WDW resorts without soending a lot of cash or points.

We even pack a carryon with just the clothes we will need for that one night to avoid aving to unpack the entire suitcase.

If you are looking for a no frills place to spend the night, try the Ramada Inn Maingate. I just checked the price for our trip and it is $47/night. We stayed there last year and was a good place to stay. It is the closest hotel outside of WDW. It only took 10 minutes to get to DTD and they had a nice pool as well!

We, too, like to save those weekend points, and we generally travel on a Saturday (or even Friday) from Mpls. We leave this Saturday and are staying at the Caribbean Beach for $98. We've also stayed at Dixie Landings, and last December at the Poly for the one night (we LOVE the Poly) as an extra holiday treat.

We usually take the afternoon flight which gets us into Orlando around 5, so we still have an evening to hang out by the pool or go to DD. If we were to arrive later than that, too late to do anything, we probably would opt for an airport hotel.

We tried priceline.com one year. Got a $45. rate at the Sheraton near the airport. (we arrived very late and didn't want to bother driving to Disney) Clean room, comfortable.

I use Priceline for weekends all the time and I have yet to pay more than $50 per night for a hotel room. Go to www.biddingfortravel.com for information and help on bidding. You might also want to check www.mousesavers.com for discounts at Disney resorts so you can have your luggage moved by The Mouse. I'll be at the All Star Sports for 4 nights in November for only $49 per night (AP rate).

Robinb, where do I find those AP rates? I called CRO today to ask about my extra night and they didnt' have any AP rates for 2002. When do those come out ?

I got 2 rooms using Hotwire.com at the Wyndam for $59 each. When we arrived, we were upgraded to a suite which had two bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, livingroom, efficiency kitchen and 3 balconies!. It was in the older section of the hotel but still was very nice for the price. I would stay there again.

We always arrive at WDW on Saturday night, too late to do much besides check in and grab something quick to eat. We've stayed at the All Star resorts (very inexpensive and still nice Disney quality). You don't have to worry about moving your bags. Just let bell services know, and they will take care of moving them to your next stop. In the morning, they pick up the bags, you head off to the parks, and when you're done for the day and get to your home resort, your bags are there waiting. We've changed resorts many times and never had a problem with this.

If you check Mousesavers, you might get a very low rate at All Stars or next best bet - try a moderate.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter