• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

where to stay off site?

We have never stayed off site before so I am unfamiliar with planning such a Disney Vacation. With so many different options, it is a bit overwhelming. With ticket prices so expensive now, we are looking at ways to save money. We thought driving down and staying off site would help. Our group would consist of two families one adult with children 6 & 4 yrs old and one adult with child 14 yrs old. I was hoping to find something close to the parks with free reliable shuttle service and free parking. I have read that you can get a AAA parking pass for all the Parks for the entire stay so if that is true maybe we would not necessarily need shuttles? We are thinking about going during Nov or Dec, avoiding the Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks obviously. We are hoping that time of year will be less expensive plus we would get a chance to enjoy the Christmas festivities in the Parks.

Also, what are some good websites to book discounted rates off site with?

Forgive me, it has been nearly 10 years since I last went to Disney World so I am extremely out of practice and a lot has changed.

Thank you for all the help!
The holiday inn Disney springs has affordable rates and some interesting room configurations for family. Free shuttle and kids eat free with adult purchased meal. I have read great reviews for them on tripadvisor and am interested in checking them out in the future.

We recently did our first off-site trip and found a great deal at Costco Travel. The deal included our 4-day tickets and 6 nights at the Sheraton vistana Resort. All things considered, the 2-bedroom, 2-bath condo with full kitchen and pull out couch came to about $120 a night. Lots to do at the resort, but we spent most of our time at the parks.

We recently did our first off-site trip and found a great deal at Costco Travel. The deal included our 4-day tickets and 6 nights at the Sheraton vistana Resort. All things considered, the 2-bedroom, 2-bath condo with full kitchen and pull out couch came to about $120 a night. Lots to do at the resort, but we spent most of our time at the parks.

Even if you don't get full use of the timeshare unit or enjoy all the amenities at the resort.....just for convenience, space and kids having their own bedroom makes it well worth $120/nite as compared to staying in an on-site or off-site value/moderate hotel with 2 bedrooms and 1 bath for $100/nite. You don't have to cook on vacation if you don't want and you don't have to do laundry if you don't want. Those perks aren't available to someone staying in a value/moderate room anyway. But having the stove, washer/dryer sure beats not having it. I will take a timeshare unit everyday and anyday. And if you do get to enjoy the amenities and not have to visit parks everyday of vacation, then that is definitely another perk in my book!! :thumbsup2

That is us, stayed several times there (for less) in 2 bedroom units. We are park people so in our trips have only used a pool once, never used anything else. But for less than a value resort we all had our own beds which meant 3 tvs, two baths, laundry room, full kitchen great for our drinks, breakfast and sandwich stuff. We parked right at our front door and minutes to anywhere. Each night we toss in some laundry while we relax. For trips where we won't use resort amenities these are often way cheaper and way better lodging.

Even if you don't get full use of the timeshare unit or enjoy all the amenities at the resort.....just for convenience, space and kids having their own bedroom makes it well worth $120/nite as compared to staying in an on-site or off-site value/moderate hotel with 2 bedrooms and 1 bath for $100/nite.
I agree with your line of thinking but not at that price. Why pay $120/night when you could rent a house or condo for under $100. As I said, 3 of our last 4 trips we rented a 3-bedroom townhouse. Last time was $68/night because we were repeat guests of the same owner.

You can absolutely rent for under $100/night. 3 of our last 4 trips we rented houses in Crestwynd Bay. 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, full kitchen, washer/dryer, etc. Last trip, we paid $68/night.

Do you know if any under $100 per night are accessible-with a queen or king bed and bathroom downstairs?
Whether at crestwynd or elsewhere....

Do you know if any under $100 per night are accessible-with a queen or king bed and bathroom downstairs?
Whether at crestwynd or elsewhere....
The townhomes at Crestwynd Bay and at Windsor Palms have a bedroom and full bath on the first floor. Windsor Palms also has ground floor condos where everything is on one level. There is one step up into the townhomes. The showers probably aren't accessible, just standard stall showers, but there might be homes that have been modified. You'd have to search the listings.

The townhomes at Crestwynd Bay and at Windsor Palms have a bedroom and full bath on the first floor. Windsor Palms also has ground floor condos where everything is on one level. There is one step up into the townhomes. The showers probably aren't accessible, just standard stall showers, but there might be homes that have been modified. You'd have to search the listings.

Thanks for the info.

I agree with your line of thinking but not at that price. Why pay $120/night when you could rent a house or condo for under $100. As I said, 3 of our last 4 trips we rented a 3-bedroom townhouse. Last time was $68/night because we were repeat guests of the same owner.

Yes I agree.....the townhomes and pool homes may be a little less expensive but they don't have poolside entertainment and activities as timeshares have. If I were going to the parks everyday from sun up til sundown then I would opt for a private home too. But the timeshares provide alot more than just a place to sleep and shower and that is what my family needs.

Yes I agree.....the townhomes and pool homes may be a little less expensive but they don't have poolside entertainment and activities as timeshares have. If I were going to the parks everyday from sun up til sundown then I would opt for a private home too. But the timeshares provide alot more than just a place to sleep and shower and that is what my family needs.
Sorry, I misunderstood you. Yes, if you intend to use the resort amenities, a timeshare is a great option. In that case, I'd book through SkyAuction. We've stayed at Orbit One numerous times where they have a nice pool, games, daily activities, etc. I think the most we've ever paid there was about $60/night. Or rent in a "resort" type development like Windsor Palms where there is a beautiful pool, a game room, fitness center, movie theater, sundry shop, etc.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. Yes, if you intend to use the resort amenities, a timeshare is a great option. In that case, I'd book through SkyAuction. We've stayed at Orbit One numerous times where they have a nice pool, games, daily activities, etc. I think the most we've ever paid there was about $60/night. Or rent in a "resort" type development like Windsor Palms where there is a beautiful pool, a game room, fitness center, movie theater, sundry shop, etc.

Yes....My DD11 prefers spending more time doing poolside games and activities than going to the parks. Her favorite resort is Westgate Town Center. She learned most of her line dances there. She won prizes in dance contests...hula hoop games and such. She enjoys Disney but not enough to go every day. So we have to stay at places that offer lots to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter