Where to stay family of 6

4firsttimes

Earning My Ears
I am planning a trip for our family with 4 kids age 5-12. This is their first time to WDW. Any suggestions on where to stay? Should we stay on site? Are HI Family Suites any good? How much planning of activities do I need to do?

I have heard that HI family suites is very good. My sister and her family went and loved it. Personally, we like to be on-site and we like to stay in the Fort Wilderness cabins. You could easily fit four kids in the back bedroom and then you could stay in the fold out bed in the living room. There is a full kitchen and bathroom and maid service. Fort Wilderness has great activities for the kids, also.

We are a family of 5, three boys ages 9-12. We have decided to book in the Sheration Vistana Villages. We have a 2 bedroom villa. There is plenty of room. Look on the other forums---Hotels and attractions--- There has been many things written about the Vistana Villages.

I would check out www.choice-hotels.com. We stayed at Comfort Suites Maingate and LOVED it. The rooms generally go for about $60-70/nt. and have plenty of room. There are 2 double beds and a queen sleeper sofa. The bathroom is roomy and there is a partital room divider. We are trying Quality Suites this time but, I am nervous that I will disappointed.
A cont. breakfast (wide selection)and trans. to and from parks is included. There is a pool, jacuzzi, and poolside bar. Just a thought! Hope it helps!:D

We are an extended family of 9, and ended up renting points from a Disney Vacation Club member. IN this manner, we can stay on-site (at the deluxe Boardwalk and at the Wilderness Lodge--we're splitting our stay), we'll have two full bedrooms, a full living room and kitchen, two baths and a washer/dryer. We also figure to save money on food (plus reduce stress) by eating most of our b-fasts and some of our lunches in our room--stocking up on food at a local grocery store before we arrive. In our situation, renting points turned out to be a cheaper option than paying for 3 rooms at a moderate resort., plus we'll have all the additional amenities that the deluxes offer. If you're interested, visit the rent/trade board on this DIS site.

Hi there,

We're a family of 5, our children are aged from 18m - 5years and we stayed at the Polynesian for the final 4 days of our holiday last December. We had the 2 boys in the double bed and a cot for my youngest son and there was a day bed left over. I must admit I would find it difficult to stay in a hotel room on-site with the 5 of us in the one room. And I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the Poly!!!! We usually hire a villa and find it a lot less stressful (kids have got enough room to run about and play plus you have your own private pool) but as I said before just added the onsite option for our final few days just to say we'd been. Never tried a kid-suite before so I can't comment. Disney also do the on-site villas don't they which we'd like to try sometime in the future.

Good luck with your decision!

Lisa

I would also suggest looking into renting points from a DVC member. Just look at the DVC rent/trade board.

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter