• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to eat as a solo-er... advice needed!

When i went solo, I mostly did counter service. The one place I did do sit down was Sci Fi. They stuck me in the back of a car with a family of 4. It was great.

C.Ann, don't feel awkward about going solo. Going solo most definitely does not mean you are "alone"! You're in a vacation kingdom sfilled with tens of thousands of happy people.

When I take a solo trip, I don't feel the least bit awkward about eating alone in the WDW sit-down restaurants, especially those in Epcot's World Showcase, because the CMs will often make a special effort to talk to you and make you feel at home.

That being said, I have found certain places where I am most comfortable dining alone. 'Ohana is just perfect, especially if you get a table in the back of he dining room. I think 'Ohana would also be very romantic for couples looking or a relaxing getaway. Boma is also terrific, if you get a table to one side of the dining room away from the buffets. I found Concourse Steakhouse very quiet and relaxing when I ate there solo in December. Boatwrights at POR is great for solo diners (I have only eaten breafast there however). And if you make it over to Universal, Mythos in IOA is a fantastic place to eat.

I've eaten solo at the GF Cafe, and most recently (just last week) at the YC Galley. That was an INCREDIBLE meal, I just can't say enough about it!

I'd second the Cooking Place at Jiko, or even sitting at the bar at CG--the bartenders there are great company!

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter