Where should Kevin dine next?

Well I personally feel we should all start a petition begging for decent counter service @ MGM! I've tried all of them and have been nothing but disappointed. :(

I'm another that wishes Kevin might do some reviews of the restaurants that are considered somewhat onsite (but not necessarily Disney) like the ones at SOG, Swan/Dolphin, DTD hotels, etc. as I'm sure there are some great places that are fairly close that I would never think to go to.

How 'bout it Kevin -- are you ready to take one for the team? :teeth:

Well I personally feel we should all start a petition begging for decent counter service @ MGM! I've tried all of them and have been nothing but disappointed. :(

I'm another that wishes Kevin might do some reviews of the restaurants that are considered somewhat onsite (but not necessarily Disney) like the ones at SOG, Swan/Dolphin, DTD hotels, etc. as I'm sure there are some great places that are fairly close that I would never think to go to.

Amen!! I usually just leave MGM for lunch or just suck it up and go for a time cosuming table service.

I second the motion that Kevin might do some reviews of resturants somewhat on property, but not really disney owned. So all those in favor say "I?":flower3:

I am trying to do as many of these places as possible and will hopefully get around to each and every one of them.

I can tell you that I have just recently dined at Chef Mickey's. Watch for the review in an upcoming podcast.

Kevin

Oh thank you for Chef Mickey's! I have never eaten there and we are going with the kids for the first time in October. I hate buffet, but I'm hoping this one will be better than your run of the mill buffet. Thanks Kevin!!

I can tell you that I have just recently dined at Chef Mickey's. Watch for the review in an upcoming podcast.

Kevin

I can't wait to hear it. I think my family is one of the few who do not like Chef Mickeys. It is nice to see the characters but for us the food is just not that good. I have agreed with you on every review thus far, I wonder about this one??:confused3

I am glad that it is just not me with issues at MGM regarding cs, I think that we always wind up at the backlot place. I would love a good alternative at MGM, I guess just a snack and eat at the hotel.:confused3

A bad rueben? Is that possible? The only way I can think of to mess up a reuben is to put ranch dressing on it or something.

Turf Club (At SSR) has fantastic reubens, but they're only on the lunch menu. It's right by the boat dock, so if you are at Downtown Disney want to get lunch, you can get on the boat over.

And the pizza sause at Pizza Planet is nasty.

Thanks for the tip on the Reuben. I was baffled at how Sci Fi screwed up the Reuben...I've never left over half a Reuben uneaten!!

I agree with the poster that said we should petition for better food at MGM!! Really kind of makes that park a downer...

I really enjoy the podcast and especially Kevin's reviews.

I would vote for a review of the Prime Time Cafe!

Regards,
... Mike (aka Ottawacruiser)

We need a post with a list of all the resturants reviewed to this point, anyone? Anyone??

I'd like to see a review of Nacroosses if it hasn't happened yet. I was very disappointed with this resturant and am hoping it was an "isolated" experiance.

I apologize that I dont have a list of the restaurants I have reviewed.

I can come up with most I think...

Coral Reef
Ohana
Narcoossee's
Il Mulino
Chef Mickey's
Princess Celebration at Norway

I'm sure there are more....I cant think of them at the moment.

I thought Narcoossee's was a wonderful experience and reccommended it highly.

Kevin

I apologize that I dont have a list of the restaurants I have reviewed.

I can come up with most I think...

Coral Reef
Ohana
Narcoossee's
Il Mulino
Chef Mickey's
Princess Celebration at Norway

I'm sure there are more....I cant think of them at the moment.

I thought Narcoossee's was a wonderful experience and reccommended it highly.

Kevin

Grand Floridian Cafe

BTW Kevin, your review of CM was totally on spot. You described what it is perfectly. I am shocked when people comment on how good the food is! :eek:

We need a post with a list of all the resturants reviewed to this point, anyone? Anyone??

I'd like to see a review of Nacroosses if it hasn't happened yet. I was very disappointed with this resturant and am hoping it was an "isolated" experiance.

Hi There -- Think you must have experienced an "isolated" incident at Narcoossee's. Have eaten there many times, the service/food has always been to my satisfaction, and I'm pretty picky.

Disney Kevin made the following post regarding Narcoosee's just yesterday. -- "I thought Narcoossee's was a wonderful experience and reccommended it highly". Kevin

Sorry you had a bad experience. Mishaps can occur at any given time, and unfortunately, that trend also extends to the happiest and most magical place on earth.

Have a great day.

Hi There -- Think you must have experienced an "isolated" incident at Narcoossee's. Have eaten there many times, the service/food has always been to my satisfaction, and I'm pretty picky.

Disney Kevin made the following post regarding Narcoosee's just yesterday. -- "I thought Narcoossee's was a wonderful experience and reccommended it highly". Kevin

Sorry you had a bad experience. Mishaps can occur at any given time, and unfortunately, that trend also extends to the happiest and most magical place on earth.

Have a great day.

Perhaps I'll give them another shot. Our food was good but our service was on the level of Kevins review of Il Mulino (I think that was the one). Can't beat the view however. I do have to add one thing. This wasn't isolated to just Narcoosee's. If they tell you on the phone to arrive 10 mins early for your ADR then perhaps the resturant should be open when you get there? We had a 5:30 ADR and the resturant didn't open until 5:30. By the time we were seated it almost 6:00. Maybe they shouldn't take ressies that early if they don't open the doors until 5:30.

I really enjoy your reviews Kevin, you give plenty of details so people can make up thier own minds about whether to try a restaurant or not.
My Dh and I have never eaten at the Maya Grill or Rose and Crown and would love to hear a review of them.
Also, we've eaten at Jiko's many times but would still enjoy hearing you review it. Keep up the great work.

While not a full review, we really enjoy the Rose and Crown and Jiko is one of our all time favorites.

We will be visiting a Disney restaurant tonight to be featured in next week's show.

Talk to you soon.

Kevin

While not a full review, we really enjoy the Rose and Crown and Jiko is one of our all time favorites.

We will be visiting a Disney restaurant tonight to be featured in next week's show.

Talk to you soon.

Kevin

Give us a hint ;-) Resort, Park?

Thanks for all the great reviews. I love hearing them and really do base some of my final decisions for dining because of your reviews. :thumbsup2 Keep up the "hard" work . . . .

I'll tell you the location after dinner tonight....I promise.

Now I have to rest up for the "hard" work ahead of me.

I truly am the luckiest guy in the world.

Kevin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter