• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Where is THAT?!" Disneyland Photo Thread!

One of these is rather obscure but am curious if any one can guess them

phglass.jpg

phgears.jpg

The first one is the elephant in the Gibson Girl ice cream place. The second one I'm going to guess is the inner workings of a penny press machine.

The first one is the elephant in the Gibson Girl ice cream place. The second one I'm going to guess is the inner workings of a penny press machine.

Yes on the elephant no on the second.

Hint the second photo was taken within a clear view of the elephant.

Yes on the elephant no on the second.

Hint the second photo was taken within a clear view of the elephant.

Ok, then I'm going to say the insides of that large music making machine that is on the back wall between the Gibson Girl and the Penny Arcade.

Is it the top part of Lafeyette's Anchor in front of the Rivers of America?

Probably. I'm gonna say this is it, just because I really didn't pay too much attention when I snapped the photo.

This was to the left of the PoTC entrance. And since you board at Lafaytte's Landing, I would guess this is his anchor.

Probably. I'm gonna say this is it, just because I really didn't pay too much attention when I snapped the photo.

This was to the left of the PoTC entrance. And since you board at Lafaytte's Landing, I would guess this is his anchor.

Actually, I think Lafeyette's Anchor is on the other side of that bridge - if you have your back to the Rivers of America, down on the brick walk way and are looking at Cafe Orleans,that's where you'll find it. From the shot here, it looks like this is on the pathway from Adventureland over to NOS that's why I was thinking that maybe it was attached to Tarzan's Treehouse. Either way, I clearly have too much time on my hands to think this much about it and then to take the time to write it out. LOL :rolleyes: :rotfl:

Do you suppose the clothing is real, and do they bring it when it rains?

Actually isn't the second one taken in the Space Arcade? Or is on the outside patio of Pizza Port?

Does anyone remember the concert hall that use to be in Torrowland? It was enclosed when they put in Captian EO (now Honey I shrunk the audience).

Prettyprincessbelle got them correct! Good Job! Here's a couple more for you to bite into..lol The first one here is not inside the park but on the property..
DSC00235_resize.jpg

DSC00319_resize.jpg

DSC00374_resize.jpg

:idea:

Actually, the anchor is Lafitte's anchor, I looked at it on Sunday, and you get off of Pirates at Lafitte's Landing. Lafayette was a different guy who helped the U.S. during the Revolutionary War, Lafitte was a pirate.

Prettyprincessbelle got them correct! Good Job! Here's a couple more for you to bite into..lol The first one here is not inside the park but on the property..
DSC00235_resize.jpg

DSC00319_resize.jpg

DSC00374_resize.jpg

Not sure about where the 1st one is but
#2: a train on the Rivers of America.
#3: A model of Space Mountain in "the first 50 magical years." (I posted a pic of the same thing earlier. ;)

DSC00235_resize.jpg

DSC00319_resize.jpg

DSC00374_resize.jpg

Is first one is The House of Blues? I love it there! 2 sleeps!!!

Actually, the anchor is Lafitte's anchor, I looked at it on Sunday, and you get off of Pirates at Lafitte's Landing. Lafayette was a different guy who helped the U.S. during the Revolutionary War, Lafitte was a pirate.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thank you! I was biting my tongue trying not to be the "know it all". :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter