Where do you get disposable ponchos?

lcborn2run

Mouseketeer
I read about people mentioning these in some posts. Are you talking about the ones from Kmart, etc that sell for about $3 or so? Or are there really cheap disposable ones good for those crazy water rides?

Thanks..

I buy the really cheap (.97 at Wal-Mart) ones, I have never worn one on a water ride since we go in the summer, and want to get wet, but they work great in the heavy rains we have had in June I buy one per day, per person and throw them away at the end of the day.

Tracie

Disnee Dad Says..............................Stock up on these! Wal Mart, Dollar Tree, Big Lots, where ever you can get them. Sometimes 2 for a buck, never more than a buck. As everyone else plunks down $6.00 for a poncho, you will have your 50 cent poncho, and it will stand out in a crowd. !0,000 yellow, 300 blue, 300 red, 300 clear, 300 green.

Those little things are forever!

We bought our first three during our first trip, when I though Disney was always under the rain! That was about 6 trips ago, and we've lucked out. We have used them only in Kali Water Rapids since...

But it is the same humble set of ponchos we bought years ago...

Does anyone remember the weather the year of 1997-an annoying little system they called El Nino? Well, we were in WDW that December, where avg rainfall is about 1". It rained-and I mean POURED-6/7 days. They had to get at least 10" while we were there (I'm a bad estimator, but you get the picture). It was MISERABLE. But, of course we still went to the parks-you don't spend all that money to sit in a hotel.

Well, the moral of my story is-by the end of the week I was so sick of seeing that stupid yellow MM poncho and gladly threw them out in the airport. I did not need any reminders of the weather on that trip!

p.s. I came home with the flu

Lisa

Ive always gotten our ponchos at the dollar store before we leave home. We are always trying to save money where we can. Sometimes we use them, sometimes we dont, but its nice to have them,"Just in case"

We loaded up on them at the Dollar Tree before we went on our September 2002 vacation. We needed them too, because Isidore was sending rain to us from the Gulf everyday except the last. We found our 2 for $1 ponchos to be roomie and rather sturdy. We carried gallon sized Ziploc bags to stuff them into so we could recycle them. Since it was rather warm, once we would get into a covered que or a shop, we would take them off and stick them into a ziploc bag and stuff that into the backpack. It worked really well. Also, it helped that we had dry shirts & socks in our bags too. We needed them a couple of times too. Mickey

When we went in September (dang, did it rain ;) ) we ended up buying 3 Mickey ponchos each. This last time I went, one of my friends brought along the 2/$1.00 ponchos she had bought at CVS. They worked great, and we just tossed them in the garbage before we left for home so we didn't have to pack them. It was cost effective and worked great!

We've been bringing the same 99 cent ponchos forever. The trick is keep one in your pocket/fanny pack at all times. This will keep the rain away. If you forget to bring it to the parks with you, it will rain...

Seriously, they are great, rather then trying to dry it out and fold it back up, just toss it at the end of the day.

The dollar tree has ponchos 2/$1.00. Buy a bunch and toss them when you are through!

Do these ponchos fit kids? Or, where can I find ones that do?

I have seen kids cheapie ponchos as well as adult cheapie ponchos at the Dollar Tree near here, but the kid ones are usually harder to find. Mickey

Mine from the dollar general or family dollar states for child and fits my three-year-old.

Hope that helps.

I just bought some at Target for around $1, they had adult and kid sizes.

Last year we got caught off guard at Epcot and bought them at the GG resturant. They are heavier duty but also harder to fold back down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter