• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where do you find your RC cruise deals?

kkmcan

Official Mouse Fan
I keep looking for a really great deal on RCA for this summer but so far nothing that great comes up. I get $3700 for 4 people on Liberty for last week of May. Is this like their sale price or should I keep looking for something better?

Where do you guys go to find great deals on cruises?

I'm interested to know too! The one I'm looking at booking is at about 3400ish...which is much cheaper than disney but wondering if there's anymore of a deal to be had.

I book REALLY early, at least one year out. For ex., 2016 spring break, 4 persons OV cabin, 8 day on Navigator for $2500 (as of Sept 2015, rate was $5K). 2017 SB, 6 day on the Freedom, $2K. You will get MUCH better deals on the Freedom or Voyager class vs. the mega new ships. These ships still have flow rider, ice skating shows/rink, etc. I book directly with RCCL and just canx if I decide not to go. Sometimes they run a reduced deposit, so it's only $500 to book vs. $1k.

RC is having a sale right now with the second guest 50% off and stateroom credits and for select cruises: no deposit? I got an email about it and I think it expires in about 30 hours or so. . .

Like Disney, no one is really able to give a crazy good deal. The really low deals you might see are either available directly through Royal OR are done by a TA creating a group.

I use costcotravel.com because I like their OBC for Royal. Others have their own fave agencies. Dreams Unlimited books Royal, by the way. I don't choose to use them (sponsor/owner of the boards) but others do!

I recently booked a cruise through Costco - it was hundreds cheaper than on the RCL site, even with their sale. First cruise in 8 years for us.

Much of the cost depends on ship, itinerary, cabin type, time of year, etc. The more flexible you are, the better your price options. I will also look on Vacations to Go, but then contact some TAs and see if they can beat it to get my business. Also make sure you get on the cruise line mailing lists. I get e mails with some pretty good deals.

Last edited:
My best advice is to wait until the "final payment" date has passed for whatever sailing you're interested in. That will be 60 days out for a 7 day cruise (or thereabouts; might be 75 on some itineraries). At that point many reservations get cancelled and the cabins return to inventory. It's generally the least-expensive you will see them. RCCL makes a big deal of the fact that they don't "last-minute discount" their sailings. Whether or not they do, I couldn't actually tell you because I generally always book during the week after final payment and at that point I'm locked in so there's no point continuing to price shop.

I keep looking for a really great deal on RCA for this summer but so far nothing that great comes up. I get $3700 for 4 people on Liberty for last week of May. Is this like their sale price or should I keep looking for something better?

Where do you guys go to find great deals on cruises?

I got what I think is a great deal on Liberty during the last 30% off sale. Aug 28 sailing in a family promenade for $2745 for 5 people, and that is in Canadian. We booked directly with RCL and the rep also gave us some wine for the room.

Just this week I found Expedia cruise ship centers book big blocks of rooms on some cruises. We were looking for s cruise in November 2016. If I booked through Royal, it was about $1000 more than booking through this agent. I think it is a combination of them getting a good rate when they booked the room and the fact that the exchange rate was likely a lot lower at the time.

I recently booked a cruise through Costco - it was hundreds cheaper than on the RCL site, even with their sale. First cruise in 8 years for us.

This was the case for us in early January. I was shocked it was hundreds cheaper to book through Costco.

My friends that cruise a lot have told me that Costco provides the best price and shipboard credits. I compared the difference between my TA and Costco and it wasn't that big of a difference (I cruise solo) so I decided to stay loyal to my TA.

Just have to take the time to compare. I have gotten great rates directly with rccl on sailings, Costco and a cruise for this year on oasis ocean balcony for just under $1700 for 2 ($405 obc and gratuities)!

Does Costco charge a fee if you have to change or cancel your trip other than what the cruise line would charge? I am trying to find a TA that has no fees and a good deal in case we want to cancel before final payment. Our usual TA for RCL charges a fee so I am not ready to book with them.

Does Costco charge a fee if you have to change or cancel your trip other than what the cruise line would charge? I am trying to find a TA that has no fees and a good deal in case we want to cancel before final payment. Our usual TA for RCL charges a fee so I am not ready to book with them.

I asked them that and they told me no, nothing beyond what the cruise line would charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter