Where do they store your stroller on the bus?

Fold it up, even if you have a double stroller, so long as it folds easily (most people will have a variation of the City Mini) then you can slide it between the divide of the front side facing seats. The City Mini GT Double fits perfectly between the 2 rows of side facing seats without taking up anyones space nor impacting others. Even if you didn't get those seats, you can still slide it in there and stand up, it doesn't impact people sitting on either side.

As stated, some would have you believe that kids should fast sprint carrying 55lbs of back pack and be grateful about it lol.... Use the stroller as a base camp during the trips to the park, the slight inconvenience of getting too and from the parks is the most insignificant part of your journey and certainly does not outweigh the benefits of having one in the parks.

Getting to a certain spot on the bus may be tricky though - it all has to do with timing and luck. I think people should be prepared to have to hold their stroller and bags while standing. There may not even be a seat for the kids.

As for the sprinting kid with the 55 lb pack - I know you are joking, but my kids carried their crap at age 2 1/2 and 5. Little backpacks with their autograph books and pen, a few things they "had" to bring with them to the parks. Yes, I had the sunscreen and water, but they had their sweatshirts around their waists just like I did. the 5 year old walked the entire trip, but it was only 4 days long and she was a gymnast at the time.

Getting to a certain spot on the bus may be tricky though - it all has to do with timing and luck. I think people should be prepared to have to hold their stroller and bags while standing. There may not even be a seat for the kids.

I want to add that stopping with your large stroller at the front of the bus, and expecting everyone else to have to step over it, is pretty inconsiderate. If there is no spot to tuck in your stroller, and there is room at the back of the bus, please move as far back as you can.

Fold it up (even on an empty bus have had to do this) and drag it with you to your seat and try angle it out of people's way so they can pass. Even though I always had to fold it up I had 2 drivers get off the bus to carry it on and off for me which I greatly appreciated. So I always advise people who ask my advice.. DONT HAVE LOOSE ITEMS IN YOUR STROLLER. They go everywhere when you fold.

I'm stroller obsessed so keep that in mind...

It's already been said but you HAVE to fold it up and hold it on the bus.

I took our regular size stroller for my daughter last year (she was two) it was needed then but I'm considering bringing our umbrella stroller this year. Here's why...

Our full size stroller was a Stokke and it has a really small footprint (it's one of the things they are known for) but still seemed impossible to maneuver through stores and crowds at Disney. Holding onto it and my two year old on the bus was a struggle. AND to top it all off for the most part at Disney your stroller is going to be parked somewhere near where you are because it's not allowed in most building/rides besides shops. I feel a little bit bitter about my first trip with my daughter and how much time I spent breaking down and holding onto that stroller. BUT, its still a necessity for the longer walks in the park and at night/nap time when I needed a quick exit.

So this is why I'm considering bringing my umbrella stroller instead. GRANTED we have a UppaBaby G-luxe as our umbrella stroller so it lays flat for naps, has a decent sized basket, folds and stands on its own, one hand brake and collapse. The handle bars also lay pretty high up so we don't have to "hunch" over it to push it. I don't think I would consider an umbrella stroller if it was like a "cheaper" one from Target, though ONLY because it doesn't have these features.

I honestly might bring both. Since I have to purchase a plane ticket for my daughter and we are flying southwest we can check one stroller for free and then check the other as luggage. That way if the umbrella doesn't work out how it does in my head I have a backup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter