• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where are my ADRS?-Disney site- UPDATE!! Post 570 pg 38

Another happy customer from calling - all my ADRs are intact; I'm still glad I called because for some reason they had an extra address in No. Carolina attached to my name... how it got there is anyone's guess!

The part that really stinks about all this is that no one is able to cancel any reservations on the website. In my planning, I made about 5 reservations per night for a 3 night trip. Thats at least 13 reservations that I was planning on cancelling before I left for Disney next wednesday. Now, they will stay booked and I will go to 3 out of 15. That really stinks for people who would like to have those reservations. Sure i could call and cancel...but I know I won't. Makes me think there will be a WHOLE LOT of empty tables next week in Disney restaurants.

Wow, how selfish. No wonder it is so hard to find a reservation. :confused3

I'm sure you can just call dining and cancel them over the phone, just as you can confirm them over the phone. I think the rest of us would definitely appreciate that courtesy. And I'm not bashing you for making extra ressies, I think we all do that to an extent... (although 4 extra ADRs per night does seem a bit extreme!) Definitely call in order to allow others to enjoy some pixie dust. :goodvibes

The part that really stinks about all this is that no one is able to cancel any reservations on the website. In my planning, I made about 5 reservations per night for a 3 night trip. Thats at least 13 reservations that I was planning on cancelling before I left for Disney next wednesday. Now, they will stay booked and I will go to 3 out of 15. That really stinks for people who would like to have those reservations. Sure i could call and cancel...but I know I won't. Makes me think there will be a WHOLE LOT of empty tables next week in Disney restaurants.

:mad: Yes, that does stink for people who might want to make a reservation. Making 5 reservations per night....amazing. :confused3

I'm sure you can just call dining and cancel them over the phone, just as you can confirm them over the phone. I think the rest of us would definitely appreciate that courtesy. And I'm not bashing you for making extra ressies, I think we all do that to an extent... (although 4 extra ADRs per night does seem a bit extreme!) Definitely call in order to allow others to enjoy some pixie dust. :goodvibes
ALL of us don't. I don't hold more than one per night at a time. I don't think it is fair to others to do so, and I don't want mine autocancelled. When I find something better I cancel the one I have.

You MUST be joking, right??? It is not that hard to write down your conf # and bring it with you.

Apparently, organization during travel doesn't apply for some. :rolleyes1

Wow, how selfish. No wonder it is so hard to find a reservation. :confused3

::yes::
Why do people even bother to post this in public? Not only is it selfish, but you simply open yourself up for criticism. :confused3

This is service?! Give me a break! This is our ninth trip to Disney, with tens of thousands of dollars spent, and this is what I get?

If i wanted this kind of hassle, I would call bank of America...

Personally, whenever I hear someone rant about how much money they spent and the service that they deserve...now REALLY, does it mean that they own you?:confused3 Not everything is perfect but probably in the world of someone that "tens of thousands of dollars spent" it is. Where have I been all this time?! :lmao:

Gotta give credit though for the funny Bank of America comment. :rotfl2:

I called and all my ADRs were fine. I was helped by a very nice patient lady. She canceled two for me as well. Now I've got them all condensed to one piece of paper and will bring that with me. I've also decided that if somehow or other an ADR or two does get jettisoned to cyberworld, it is not going to ruin my vacation. :goodvibes

So don't go? Have you not noticed the 100's of posts exactly like yours on this very forum? Disney is having massive problems with their online dining program, which is why the dining line has long holds.

If people would just calm down everything would be much better for Disney and for everyone else.

I don't necessarily disagree with your post about Internet boards spreading information (both bad and good) quicker than companies can respond, but in this case, Really?

I am supposed to calm down and feel understanding towards WDW's gazillion $$ IT staff. Almost EVERY time if not EVERY time a new program is rolled out it is a disaster. I can go find examples for the above if you like.

A company of this size has absolutely NO EXCUSE for having the IT problems they do. They should have strict QA programs in place but apparently they do not.

Their website is a train wreck and they should be embarrassed as a company.

The people that suffer are the customers and the poor front line CM's. Love WDW all you want, I certainly do, but these kinds of mistakes should not be accepted without question.

Love this site!!! We leave in 9 days and I checked in online tonight. I noticed that I only had 2 dining reservations - all the others were gone!!! I couldn't get through to dining quickly so I came here to see if anyone else was having a problem. Phew ... it's not just me and my reservations are probably not really gone. THANKS!!!

I am supposed to calm down and feel understanding towards WDW's gazillion $$ IT staff.
NOT so. They don't pay the IT staff anything near market value and they work them like slaves. No magic in working for Disney behind the scenes. Of course, that was the experience of a good friend a few years ago. By now they probably outsourced the IT staff.

I don't necessarily disagree with your post about Internet boards spreading information (both bad and good) quicker than companies can respond, but in this case, Really?

I am supposed to calm down and feel understanding towards WDW's gazillion $$ IT staff. Almost EVERY time if not EVERY time a new program is rolled out it is a disaster. I can go find examples for the above if you like.

A company of this size has absolutely NO EXCUSE for having the IT problems they do. They should have strict QA programs in place but apparently they do not.

The people that suffer are the customers and the poor front line CM's. Love WDW all you want, I certainly do, but these kinds of mistakes should not be accepted without question.

This was mainly for the person that thought spending tens of thousands at Disney somehow made her more important.

I work in IT trust me I understand what should happen and what does. It's just people act like it's the end of the world if they don't see their reservations online and panic. They come here see it's a major issue and for the most part all reservations are still, but still have to panic and call. I get it, it sucks to think you lost your reservations (I FINALLY got Le Cellier and my reservation is missing) but I am not panicking. In the same thinking that this shouldn't happen at Disney says Disney is big enough to get it fixed.

This is sorta off topic but it's my opinion so there it is.

Unfortunately, this is typical of IT upgrades as they are not flawless. I worked in the IT industry from a Programmer, Analyst, Manager, and to a Professor at a major University, more times than not there are issues after upgrades. Unfortunately, Disney is a large corporation so this is going to get a lot of exposure.

I'm one of the ones who lost most of my reservations (verified) and I did not get nasty with anyone on the phone as it is not the dining reservation person's fault. It is the IT manager and staff.

This was mainly for the person that thought spending tens of thousands at Disney somehow made her more important.

I work in IT trust me I understand what should happen and what does. It's just people act like it's the end of the world if they don't see their reservations online and panic. They come here see it's a major issue and for the most part all reservations are still, but still have to panic and call. I get it, it sucks to think you lost your reservations (I FINALLY got Le Cellier and my reservation is missing) but I am not panicking. In the same thinking that this shouldn't happen at Disney says Disney is big enough to get it fixed.

This is sorta off topic but it's my opinion so there it is.

I don't really think this is off topic.

Yeah, I'm in IT too, so I get it as well. Sorry but these mistakes are not acceptable regardless of the amount of money a guest is spending, whether it is $10,000 or $100.00. For guests that get up at 6am or 7am, 180 days out, it is a big deal to not have have their reservation show online (since that is what WDW has been pushing).

WDW has not always been able to recover from their mistakes either (personal experience) so they are not always big enough to get it fixed.

No, I personally have not called to check on my November trip nor have I looked online, but if my reservation for 12 people at Le Cellier on Thanksgiving Day gets screwed up I'm gonna be less than pleased.

Unfortunately, this is typical of IT upgrades as they are not flawless. I worked in the IT industry from a Programmer, Analyst, Manager, and to a Professor at a major University, more times than not there are issues after upgrades. Unfortunately, Disney is a large corporation so this is going to get a lot of exposure.

I'm one of the ones who lost most of my reservations (verified) and I did not get nasty with anyone on the phone as it is not the dining reservation person's fault. It is the IT manager and staff.

Yes Disney is a big company but do you really think that other companies with front facing systems have the same issues with their websites on such a regular basis?

I can only imagine what the "off" days cost in terms of revenue. This is not a normal course of action for a travel/service based company.

I was in disney when this awesome upgrade hit... I had to cancel three dinners as my plans had changed... I found that none of my ressies were listed online anymore. So i called disney dinning while waiting for the ferry at the TTC. Low and behold the CM told me that there is no way to cancel them with their systems being down :rotfl2: so i asked her what to do and she instructed me to just not show up... funny

I did have 8 more ADRs that were now MIA including the Spirit of Aloha and CRT (both which i already paid for) so when i went to the poly to pick up my SoA tickets I had her look up my ressies and she found them all.

they weren't showing up online but there were all there

Has anyone asked the CMs for some kind of printout of their ressie's? Or is this an option? I have 3 ressies which are missing online since the "system upgrades." :sad2: There were also 2 things that I had to book by phone that have never appeared online. I have all of my confirm numbers and emails for those that I booked online, but OP's HDDMR issue has me pretty concerned.

I thought they automatically cancel ADRs when there is more then one for the same day and almost the same time, I myself think it's rude.....just sayin

I thought they automatically cancel ADRs when there is more then one for the same day and almost the same time, I myself think it's rude.....just sayin

This seems to be an urban legend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter