• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When Will the US Reach 100,000 COVID deaths?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Georgia has had a little problem this morning. It appears that Georgia Public Health has been "cooking the books" and the Governor has had to apologize. This latest error was the most recent one of three that has actually occurred in the last 3 weeks. Of course, everyone is passing the buck as to who is responsible.

It actually showed that new confirmed cases in the most infectious counties in Georgia had gone down every single day for 2 weeks!

People have been watching the official numbers and thinking they are doing very well, when they have had a plateau and a slight dip.

I hope I'm not mortified when I see the numbers from this play out over the next 2-3 weeks.

The number of cases should increase. They should not remain the same as when your state was closed. What you're going to learn is how much the R0 goes up. What people hope is that it doesn't go up fast, so that you'll have to lock down again.

Georgia has had a little problem this morning. It appears that Georgia Public Health has been "cooking the books" and the Governor has had to apologize. This latest error was the most recent one of three that has actually occurred in the last 3 weeks. Of course, everyone is passing the buck as to who is responsible.

It actually showed that new confirmed cases in the most infectious counties in Georgia had gone down every single day for 2 weeks!

People have been watching the official numbers and thinking they are doing very well, when they have had a plateau and a slight dip.

I hope I'm not mortified when I see the numbers from this play out over the next 2-3 weeks.
It has been sad to watch how many states have played games with their numbers in hopes of proving themselves right. With the patchwork of regulations, the rest of the country is constantly looking at other's data to see the best path forward. Garbage data is only going to make this worse for everyone. :(

Putting dates out of order to show a downward tend on a graph. What could possibly go wrong? Sincerely, Georgia.

So Florida, hows it feel to no longer be #1 in worst counting states?

Last edited:
Putting dates out of order to show a downward tend on a graph.

Just the 3rd thing they have done in the past 3 weeks. The others were undercounting deaths. At the time they were showing 1000, when they actually had 1490 and they had a graph that led readers to believe the number of cases were dropping drastically, when the results were due to a testing situation.

Of course, everyone is passing the buck and blaming everyone else.

It's just so crazy how the US cases are outpacing everywhere else, and even though restrictions are easing, it doesn't seem to be letting up.

Virus will continue to spread, science is that simple and # of death will rise until there is vaccine available. What can anyone say at this point to keep folks at home.

Virus will continue to spread, science is that simple and # of death will rise until there is vaccine available. What can anyone say at this point to keep folks at home.

I don't know. No one seems to care about the amount of people dying.

People weren't ordered to stay home to save everyone, they were ordered to stay home so that the hospitals were not overwhelmed in the beginning of this pandemic. This is a virus, it is going to kill people just like many other viruses out there. The goal was NEVER to stay home until a vaccine was available.
I don't know what anyone else can say to get that point across to the people who aren't getting it.

People weren't ordered to stay home to save everyone, they were ordered to stay home so that the hospitals were not overwhelmed in the beginning of this pandemic. This is a virus, it is going to kill people just like many other viruses out there. The goal was NEVER to stay home until a vaccine was available.
I don't know what anyone else can say to get that point across to the people who aren't getting it.
Yes we need to start opening things but social distancing has to be part of it. I think where people are getting frustrated is with those that refuse to follow physical distancing. I live near Niagara Falls and just yesterday it was packed with people. Most were ignoring social distancing. If people want things to open we have to work together to make it work. I work in a grocery store and have to deal with the public. I'm physically and mentally exhausted from doing this. I'm sick of seeing so many just not caring about others during this pandemic.

Yes we need to start opening things but social distancing has to be part of it. I think where people are getting frustrated is with those that refuse to follow physical distancing. I live near Niagara Falls and just yesterday it was packed with people. Most were ignoring social distancing. If people want things to open we have to work together to make it work. I work in a grocery store and have to deal with the public. I'm physically and mentally exhausted from doing this. I'm sick of seeing so many just not caring about others during this pandemic.

That's what I'm seeing too.

This is going to lead to a W shaped recovery with us closing again.

Why do we have such higher numbers of deaths and infected than anywhere else? We're not the only large or heavily populated country in the world.

Also, I don't care what the so-called goal was. I'd personally like to see as few people die from this as possible.

Last edited:
Why do we have such higher numbers of deaths and infected than anywhere else? We're not the only large country in the world.

Also, I don't care what the so-called goal was. I'd personally like to see as few people die from this as possible.
I think it was from getting a rather late start, PG. And still not having all the wheels on the track.

Why do we have such higher numbers of deaths and infected than anywhere else? We're not the only large or heavily populated country in the world.

Look at the masks debates here. We’re setting ourselves up for failure. We were way behind on testing. We don’t have tracing up and running. And it’s still difficult to get cleaning stuff at the store. It’s been one big fail.

From the recent pictures of how Georgia opened back up, those case numbers are going to go up fairly soon. Very few, if any, care about masks or social distancing. It’s still an overblown hoax to many.

ETA:
Here’s the Georgia gov’s comm director trying to explain why the x-axis was displayed the way it was (with the dates out of order) from last week.
This was in response to people calling out the original graph (shown in link below) that the state had put up.
Way to go Georgia! :laughing:

Last edited:
I am feeling positive and hope that the numbers will decline even if The positive tested Have flattened. My non- scientific hunch is based on that now more asymtomatics are being tested ( so one hears) and they in general do not get real sick. And that I hope by now nursing homes have things under control- where many deaths happened weeks ago. I would hope overall care facilities are showing an overall decrease as they are on lock-downs and have added new procedures.

That is what keeping us home for the last 2 months has done. My area was just extended to March 28 but many areas in my state are starting to open. It is impossible to stay locked down any longer. Maybe you are fortunate enough to be in a position to stay home for as long as it takes but there’s 10s of million people who can’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter