When to purchase tickets/photo package?

Kathy Muniz

Mouseketeer
Newbie here, first trip to UO planned for this December. I have a room only reservation so far, when would you recommend buying my tickets/photo package. Not sure how far in advance I’d need to get these or if I can wait until I arrive (are prices any different?)

Purchase whenever you get a good deal. Tickets are good for 1yr (unless they are promo tickets with an explicitly stated expiration date), so you're all set to buy for Dec. now. If you don't see a good deal before them, you might hit something for Black Friday. Visitorlando.com had all their tickets 5% off on Black Friday last year.

Prices are higher at the door. They are also cheaper when there is a deal going on, obviously these vary.

Amazing Photo is not owned by Universal, and they have deals on their website every so often. I would buy when you see a sale that seems like a good price. I bought months ago, and will use in August. AP discount accepted too.

How do you get the AP discount? I will be using photo pass this time. Only my second time and I did not get a discount my last time.

How do you get the AP discount? I will be using photo pass this time. Only my second time and I did not get a discount my last time.

https://presale.amazingpictures.com/universalflorida.aspx

I selected it from this website, 2 years ago I bought the AP, this year, just a 14 day one that had a great sale price, since that's all I really need this year. But had no trouble buying the AP one and had access to my pictures for a year.

Hope you have no trouble getting the AP rate on the above site.

Regards.

Oh, and there is a thread for all about the photo stuff at Universal Orlando.

I only need 1 card per party right? I don't need a card per family member... why would I even have that option?

You only need to purchase one photo package, which means you get all the photos you put into your account. But you can have multiple cards to add photos to your account, in case the party splits up. So anyone in your group can get their photos even when not together.

And at Volcano Bay, each person's TapuTapu can be added to the account, so you get the on ride photos which are automatically added on some slides.

Ahhh, I'm not at that stage of "age" yet, :laughing:

Lol, yes it does arrive. DD 12 soon figured out what happens when she doesn't text mom right back too.

what-your-mother-is-thinking-when-you-dont-answer-her-7454142.png

Seriously, though I'm still nervous about letting her go by herself or with little brother on her own when she's gone with school groups to the amusement park here more than once. I'm a ride chicken and can totally see her wanting to go on Hulk and me going oh shiny and wandering off for "just a second".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter