When are you Going? Post Your Dates and Find A Match!!! Things to do! Peeps to Meet!

Welcome, Kat! I hope you can join us for dinners and activities. As you see, I'll be there 12/4 - 12/15, and Colette and I have some great plans in progress! It will be nice to have a small group at each of the dinners and activities. ANTSS, I hope you can also join us. Best of luck getting the time off! It will be great if Glendamax also meets us in December. Wow, what a party for Colette's birthday!

Colette,

Thanks in advance for making the dining reservations. As far as the headcount is concerned, I suggest you take the number of people who have signed up here by mid-June, and then maybe add a few extra slots to the reservations in case others find us here in the next few months. For those of us already in the discussion, it makes perfect sense to plan WDW meals seven months ahead:) , but most other people I know of don't usually think that far ahead about stuff like this.

I agree that we don't need to do the Candlelight package. It doesn't matter much to me where we sit for the Candlelight Processional. Last year I waited in line and was seated a few rows from the back, and that was OK.

I also go to Epcot a few times in each trip.

Comedy Warehouse is my favorite PI club. The Adventurers' Club is OK for a while, but I prefer a short visit there and a couple of shows at CW. I ate at the WDW Planet Hollywood once, but I don't recall that there was much entertainment there. I like the Wolfgang Puck Cafe.

Additional possible activities:
-Yuletide Fantasy Tour
-breakfast buffets (Boma, Crystal Palace)
-resort tours (e.g., WL, AKL)
-campfire singalong

I was also thinking about visiting a non-WDW park one day. I've never been to Islands of Adventure.

Well, we already have more activity ideas than we can fit in to the time that we'll both be there! Even if it's not possible to do all these things in the time that we'll have, let's at least stick with the plans for Flying Fish on 12/11, and Le Cellier on 12/13, and let's continue to discuss which of the other ideas we can fit in.

Daisy

Daisy,
I can make the reservations for us, if you'd like-just need to know how many for each night, so will work on that. Downtown Disney sounds fun-never been to Pleasure Island, having always traveled with my son, so was interested in the comedy club. What about the Adventures Club? I believe that the packages come with a $15 certificate for Planet Hollywood, so that's an option-do you like it there? We go once each trip-crowded, but fun. I don't think we need to do the Candlelight package, from what I remember, unless you want to be guaranteed a seat up front. We could plug in Rose and Crown for one of the other nights-doesn't matter to me which one-I seem to go to Epcot numerous times each trip. Anywhere else? We can take the boat to Downtown Disney, from POR and POFQ, so that's a nice option.
So, come on-anyone else who wants to meet up-let us know-I'll be making dinner res. in mid-June.
Colette

Okie dokie Soloist... behave... it is now 3AM and I have a flight to catch at 6Am to Chicago... hopefully DSL will be up and running at moms house by tomorrow nite.. her mothers day gift.. and dad wants dinner at Hooters :faint: toodles~

Yes i will be at Wdw in December also. Still trying to finalize adr choices and wondering if i will do Candel light procession this year. :santa:

Good morning all,
Thanks for the list Glendamax-Is everyone doing MVMCP and what dates? I have never been-should I book it?
I love the Crystal Palace for the breakfast buffet-it was my first character meal ever and my first character picture-with Tigger, whom I love....so I'll gladly go there again. There's no entertainment at Planet Hollywood-just a big video screen and tons of memorabilia, but I read that with a package deal, you get the $15 coupon, which I had before, so it's a fun place to do lunch and grab a burger.
Soarin' was my favorite ride last trip-a must do, but I don't do roller coaster rides or the TOT(never)! I've decided to parasail on my birthday-never done it before, so, weather permitting...anyone else?
What is a good time to make reservations for dinners? It doesn't matter to me-usually book between 6 and 7:00, so that we're done in time for whatever we're doing in the evening.
Good choice for hostess-Marsha is a "frequent flyer' at disney- so nice to be able to pop over there for a day or evening-I'll bet she's seen and done it all... I have tentatively planned 12/15 to meet her at the Cape May Cafe, because weekends are easier for her, so let me know who else would like to join us. Hopefully, we'll be able to do one of the parks during the day. Remember, it's not just seafood-I hear the ribs are excellant...
Colette

Good morning all,
Thanks for the list Glendamax-Is everyone doing MVMCP and what dates? I have never been-should I book it?
I love the Crystal Palace for the breakfast buffet-it was my first character meal ever and my first character picture-with Tigger, whom I love....so I'll gladly go there again. There's no entertainment at Planet Hollywood-just a big video screen and tons of memorabilia, but I read that with a package deal, you get the $15 coupon, which I had before, so it's a fun place to do lunch and grab a burger.
Soarin' was my favorite ride last trip-a must do, but I don't do roller coaster rides or the TOT(never)! I've decided to parasail on my birthday-never done it before, so, weather permitting...anyone else?
What is a good time to make reservations for dinners? It doesn't matter to me-usually book between 6 and 7:00, so that we're done in time for whatever we're doing in the evening.
Good choice for hostess-Marsha is a "frequent flyer' at disney- so nice to be able to pop over there for a day or evening-I'll bet she's seen and done it all... I have tentatively planned 12/15 to meet her at the Cape May Cafe, because weekends are easier for her, so let me know who else would like to join us. Hopefully, we'll be able to do one of the parks during the day. Remember, it's not just seafood-I hear the ribs are excellant...
Colette

OK on calender Dec 15 Cape May <G> and yes that means grin.

Anything else or anyone else interested in weekend meets PM me.

Colette I won't be able to join you on your birthday, sorry wish I could. Unfort is a business day for me grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

But for sure on weekend, and even beyond Cape May if want.

later gators
marsha

Hey hostess-I just sent you an e-mail and Rich, also. We just need to decide on times for dinners, so if anyone has a preference, let me know. I think not too late so that we can go to night shows or parades etc-between 6 and 7?
Should I make a res for MVMCP-I've never been? I thought it was more for kids, but I guess not-is everyone else going?
Colette

DSL is ready... got in safely this morning... ate and crashed... just woke up...:woohoo:

Hey hostess-I just sent you an e-mail and Rich, also. We just need to decide on times for dinners, so if anyone has a preference, let me know. I think not too late so that we can go to night shows or parades etc-between 6 and 7?
Should I make a res for MVMCP-I've never been? I thought it was more for kids, but I guess not-is everyone else going?
Colette

Colette,
MVMCP is lot of fun. I went last year for the first time. Snow falling on main street, christmas wishes and characters, hot chocolate and cookies etc, christmas parade and shows.:santa:
I am attendin it on the dec 11th

Is the parade the same as the daytime Christmas parade? If so, I think I'll pass and catch the snow at MGM, for the Osborne Family Lights. It seems like a massive crowd...major indecision......... Colette

Hi disneytraveler,

Remember me? You and Disneyfan18951 and I had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare last December!

Looks like we'll be back around the same time again!

DaisyDuck001

Hi Kat,

Maybe you and I could do the rollercoasters together at the Magic Kingdom? I especially like the Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Daisy

Hi Colette,

Lots to talk about!

I plan to do MVMCP with MouseFest on Thursday, 12/6. That's when most of the MouseFest attendees are going, as it's their official night for it.

The parade, and I think much of the other entertainment at MVMCP, are the same as what they have nights during the week before Christmas, when they are open evenings as part of their regular hours. (It's different from the daytime parade). I attended MVMCP last year with MouseFest also.

I've had lunch at Crystal Palace twice, but never breakfast, and I'd like to have breakfast there on this trip, so how about we add that to the list of things we'll do together? :) At some point, we'll need to figure out on which day we can fit that in.

I may pass on Planet Hollywood, as I'm not really that excited about it, and when in that part of WDW, I would rather eat at Wolfgang Puck Cafe.

I've never been parasailing, either. Not sure yet if I'd like to do that, but I'm thinking about it.

As for the dinner reservation times, I agree that anywhere between 6:00 and 7:00 is OK. I'd probably prefer somewhere between 6:00 and 6:30 as a starting time, but it's not a big deal if we start a little after that.

If you want to see the last Candlelight Processional show after dinner on your birthday, it might help to make the dinner reservation for a little earlier, so we don't have to rush out to get in line. Or we could go to the early CP show before dinner, if you would rather have dinner a little later. The effect of the candlelight would probably be better after dark, but either way is OK.

Daisy

Colette

Colette if you haven't been to MVMCP then imo definetly go. I love going each year, and esp eating cookies :goodvibes

I can go to Cape May either Friday night like around 6 or so. Or Sat.

Doubt I can go to other dinners but could catch up during the weekend days to spend some time around the parks.

So include me in the Cape May dinner I think you mention Dec 15th. Other than that right now sure I could join sit down dinner.

If you decide to attend MVMCP let me know. If it's a night I could go I will join you there as it starts like around 7p. I go each year at least once, sometimes twice <G>

Looking forward to meeting at least for Cape May dinner and possibly other time if on weekend, or a night for MVMCP.

As well as anyone else available to meet.

Just had dinner tonight at Cape May with another Diser here as solo. We both were surprised that we spent two hours at dinner, eating and chatting. When we left and realized the time we were shocked how time had flown by. We headed over to Epcot just time to see and hear Davy Jones. Great performance.

Oh and I didn't take one person or display out using the power chair :rotfl2: I had a bet with another friend I would take out at least 13 people and displays :lmao:

Hi disneytraveler,

Remember me? You and Disneyfan18951 and I had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare last December!

Looks like we'll be back around the same time again!

DaisyDuck001

Hi Daisyduck!
I do remember you. That was a nice time. Yes i will be going to Disney for early Christmas events again.:santa:

Daisy,
I'm still undecided about MVMCP, but probably will skip it. How about the 12th or 14th for Crystal Palace breakfast and Magic Kingdom day? Anyone else interested in that?
I would love to go to Wolgang Puck's- never been and i can use my certificate for Planet Hollywood at the gift store. I'd rather go someplace new. We went to Wolfgang Puck Express once and had great pizza, but I enjoy a nice sit down meal. 12th or 14th open for that-then head over to the comedy club?
I think I'll try for 6:00 dinner times, then 6:30 as second choice and i think the Candlelight Processional would be nice after dinner, don't you? I'm not sure of the times, but I read that they do it 2 or 3 times a night, so we could certainly catch one of them.
I did BTRR once with my son, quite a few years ago and that was enough for me-lol....
O.k., I'm off to work-24 hour shift today-so Happy Mother's Day to those of you who are mom's-talk to you soon, Colette

Daisy,
I'm still undecided about MVMCP, but probably will skip it.
Hey Colette, I dont think you should skip it. I've only seen it on the Travel Channel, and it looks great. If I go in Dec., I won't miss this. Looks like I wont go on the 11th though, since that would be the day I arrive. So re-think it! And hopefully a group of us can go later that week!

I'm so glad I found this thread. I'll be solo at the World from 11/29-12/6. Currently I'm staying at BCV for the whole time, but I'm thinking of trying to switch my first couple nights over to AKL when June rolls around. Although I don't have ADRs, I plan to eat at Kona's, YCG, ???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter