What's your favorite restaurant in each park?

Thanks for all of the wonderful suggestions everyone. This will be our first time dining at the park. We are really looking forward to the Royal Table. We may try out BOG after seeing how popular it seems.

MK: BOG (we've only been for lunch but loved it!)
Epcot: Akershus and Le Cellier
HS: Sci Fi, but I want to try 50's Prime Time
Ak: Yak & Yeti quick service

Please note that we are WDW novices, having only been twice (5 years ago, then earlier this month).

For TS:
MK: BOG (but we also loved Crystal Palace)
Epcot: Teppan Edo
DHS: H&V (yes, I know lots of people dislike H&V, but we liked it better than 50's Prime Time Cafe!)
AK: Tiffins
DS: ??? (went to Raglan Road 5 years ago, but didn't care much for it; didn't do TS on our last trip)
resorts: Kona Cafe (Poly), but Boatwrights (POR) is a close second!

For QS:
MK: Pecos Bill
Epcot: Tangierine Cafe
DHS: ??? (ate a some pizza place 5 years ago, but wasn't impressed; didn't do QS on our last trip)
AK: Flame Tree BBQ
DS: Wolfgang Puck Express
resorts: Landscape of Flavors

AK: Tiffins! So nice!
MK: BoG Lunch though, Dinner overpriced
Epcot: Le Cellier or Rose & Crown
HS: Sci Fi Diner or Mama Melrose

Epcot is hard. There are quite a few restaurants I like there. I'm going to have to go Chefs de France.
MK I'd probably have to go The Plaza. I almost never eat in the park and instead on MK days we leave for one of the monorail resorts for our sit down meal.
DHS would be The Brown Derby
AK would be Tusker House. The only character meal on property that doesn't sacrifice the food quality IMO.

This is always a tough question for me, because a lot of the time I have two favorites: one for atmosphere and one for actual food quality. I'll do my best!

Magic Kingdom- It's got to be Be Our Guest for the atmosphere (Dinner) but if I were going purely off the food taste I'd have to say QS Sleepy Hollow for the Waffle Sandwiches or honestly just the good old Plaza! (I know I'm odd)
Epcot- San Angel Inn for food no doubt! Atmosphere though I love Biergarten.
Hollywood Studios- Sci Fi for atmosphere, Brown Derby for food
Animal Kingdom- Yak and Yeti for both atmosphere and food

Blarg. The majority of the “good restaurants” are not within the parks, unfortunately.
MK – I would be hard pressed to pick anything good here. I have yet to try Skipper’s, but the others are all pretty mediocre.

AK – same, I guess.

HS – my family enjoys Sci-Fi. Not gourmet, but simple stuff done right, cool atmosphere, great wait staff..

Epcot – up till last week it was Biergarten, by a mile. Now that is tied with Nine Dragons. We were BLOWN AWAY by the service, food, and great atmosphere there. It was a perfect meal.

We haven't tried Liberty Tree Tavern but have wanted to. What do they do on Halloween that makes it special?
It's really cool, all the cast are dressed up as ghosts of the era and there are cobwebs and Halloween decorations everywhere. :jester:

And I sure had some really fun interaction with the CM's too. They really are in character. The check in girl had a really spooky makeup and gave me a long ghostly stare... Then asked if I had a reservation. Because if not I'd end up like him! *she pointed at a male CM also in full ghost makeup* He nodded and let the head fall so the chin hit the base of the neck and walked off with a limp..!! :eek::rotfl2:

You gotta try it out sometime. :bounce:

And I believe that they also change the family style menu especially for the Halloween season. :wizard:

:tinker:

MK-BOG/Liberty Tree close 2nd
Epcot-LeCellier
Studios-no sit down/Starring Rolls
AK-Tusker House

MK - Columbia Harbor House
Epcot - Via Napoli
HS - Sci-Fi Dine In
AK - Flame Tree

MK - Columbia Harbor House! (haven't sat down except for BOG lunch & the family didn't like it at all)
AK - haven't eaten anything here except for Tusker House breakfast & we loved it! Looking forward to trying FTBBQ and Y&Y.
Epcot - Akershus breakfast, Yorkshire Fish & Chips and the Moroccan quick service, we have a LOT more places we want to try here!
HS - don't have a favorite here but the cupcakes at Starring Rolls are amazing.

Poly - Kona Cafe breakfast!!!!

I'm gluten free-so that colors my responses

MK-Plaza esp if Chef Ken is working
AK-Tusker House
EP-Germany
HS-no standout
DS-Ragland Road
Resort-Sanaa or The Wave

MK- Columbia Harbor/Dole Whip
DHS- Brown Derby/Starring Rolls (incredible cupcakes and carrot cake cookie)
Epcot- Germany/LeCellier/Germany's Caramel Kitchen/Norways Bakery/Grand Marnier slushee/ Les Halles pastries & quick sandwiches, Artisan des Glaces (ice cream martini, macaroons, brioche ice cream sandwich)
AK - Tusker House breakfast

Resorts - Poly- Ohana for dinner and Stitch breakfast. Kona for Tonga Toast and macademia nut pineapple pancakes.
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Boma dinner

MK- Liberty Tree Tavern (for now- we have a BOG reservation for our upcoming trips, so this may change!)

HS- o_O haven't done a TS here in a long time... I remember not hating Sci Fi tho :) circa 2002...

AK- Tusker House

Epcot- Les Chefs de France

MK - Liberty Tree Tavern
AK- Tusker House (we also love leaving for a bit and going to Boma)
Epcot- Rose and Crown
DHS- none

To be fair we really enjoy most of the World Showcase restaurants, but Rose and Crown is a must do arrival day for us.

Epcot- Via Napoli
Hollywood- Sci-Fi
Animal- Tusker for breakfast/ Yak & Yeti for dinner
Magic- Be Our Guest

Just a fun question, but also one that I think could help people to decide which restaurants to splurge and spend their money.

We only visit five TS eateries at WDW when we go there for an actual meal.
1) We prefer
. . . fine food
. . . excellent, top notch service
. . . innovative dishes with flair and quality
. . . overall great value
. . . relaxed and soothing dining atmosphere
. . . behaved and somewhat quiet patrons
2) The only sit-down restaurants we routinely visit,
. . . Sanaa - Animal Kingdom Villas Resort (one of my personal favs)
. . . Artist Point - Wilderness Lodge Resort
. . . Citricos - Grand Floridian Resort
. . . Shula's Steakhouse - Dolphin Resort (no DDP)
. . . Il Mulino - Swan Resort (no DDP)
3) Our (nearby) off-site Recommendations:
. . . Bull & Bear - Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek - Fine Dining
. . . Café D'Antonio - Celebration - Casual Italian
. . . Columbia - Celebration - Casual Spanish/Cuban
. . . Fish Bones - Hwy192 - Seafood
. . . Venetian Room - Caribe Royale Hotel - Fine Dining
. . . The Hotel Tea Room - Davenport, FL - Casual - Friday Steak-Fry, Afternoon Tea
NOTE1: The only time we visit other TS eateries is to renew our ratings for the eatery(ies).
And, when we do these, we have "sampler" dishes (whether free or paid) so we can try
several appys/entrées without pigging-out or having major weight gains.
NOTE2: Now, for a real treat, go to The Hotel and Tea Room in Davenport, Florida on
a Friday evening. It is run by a real, true "Little Old Lady" (Miss Mae), who refuses to
charge big bucks! They have a rib-eye steak dinner that tops Ruth's Chris' or Shula's.
The steak covers the entire plate. They get primals and do their own cutting of the steak.
It is an OLD hotel with a small dining room. Has an award winning Pastry Chef from TV and
he has Best-In-Show awards for pies, pastries, and cakes !!! Our total bill for the wife and I
(salad, 1½"-thick-after-cooking rib eye, dessert, and taxes) was only $66.00. They have a
nice Afternoon Tea. Breakfast is literally all you can eat for $6.00, tax included. Yep, six
bucks! Order your eggs, bacon, pancakes (etc). After, you are asked if you want more of any
of the items. NO EXTRA CHARGE. The place is about 40-min from WDW, but really worth the
wait. Check them out on Facebook or Internet. Ressies required for Friday night steak fry
and most Afternoon Teas. They do not serve alcohol, but you can BYOB for wine or spiri

-DHS: 50's pt, find it worth the best for the money, great drinks/milkshakes and we love the interaction, always good service for us.
-Epcot: Via Napoli. Le Cellier is a close second if money wasn't an issue and we had all day to have a nap & digest, bahaha
-DAK: Yak & Yeti: amazing food, great vegetarian options, different healthier styles of dishes. Amazing service
-MK:Liberty Tree Tavern. This one just wins by default, we liked our experience there and the food was super delicious. BOG lunch is my second pick!
-DTD: Ragland Road. Food, amazing, service, great, desserts, top notch, build your own beer flights, best

Ak-Tusker House
Epcot-Never tried any :oops:
Mk-BOG dinner, CP breakfast
Hs-Sci Fi

We've only been once so we haven't been to a lot of them, but we loved our meals at all of these places. Ohana was out absolute favorite though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter