What's Up with Disney these days???

I don't know if you will find September any better. We went in January 2011 and the crowds were not bad at all... some days it felt very quiet. However we went this past September 2012 and I was very disappointed in how crowded it felt.. much worse than that January 2011 trip. The walk ways were jammed pack in September and the restaurants were very crowded as well. I think Free Dining has made September just as busy as many other months.
DTD was so packed those couple evenings we spent there in September, I couldn't believe it! It was like night and day from our 2011 vacation... we had such trouble just walking around but, that January trip DTD was like a ghost town.. very dead.

I was planning a January 2014 trip because I recall how great that 2011 trip was but, now I am rethinking that. I said I would never go back in September because of the humidity and big crowds but, now I am starting to realize January isn't going to be any better... not anymore. I definitely do not want to deal with BTG's... I have heard enough to know I couldn't deal with them. Ironically in 2011 we went right at the end of the month... two years ago last week actually and I didn't see a single TG.. not sure why but, we just didn't.

Yea, jan. 2011 we were there for 10 nights, checking in Jan. 19 and out the 30 i believe it was. It was great, very quiet there. last year a few days later and it was a bit busier but not much. Then this year ocurred and we went a week later. WOW what a difference.

I don't think nationality has a lot to do with it - you get a big group of teenagers far away from home, in a theme park, with minimal adult supervision, they're going to get rowdy.

This is exactly right.

And for those of you who think your own beautifully-behaved, raised-in-the-USA angels would never behave like that, remember that you have never seen your own teenagers in a big group of unsupervised friends (if you have seen them, then they weren't really unsupervised). Many otherwise well-behaved teenagers get loud and rowdy and are generally oblivious to others around them in that kind of situation.

We've been there at the same time as these big groups and our experience has been that they are not necessarily more rude than others, there's just a lot of them. So instead of one person trying to edge their way in front of me, it's 25. Or instead of one group of 4 being too rowdy in line, it's a group of 30.

This is exactly right.

And for those of you who think your own beautifully-behaved, raised-in-the-USA angels would never behave like that, remember that you have never seen your own teenagers in a big group of unsupervised friends (if you have seen them, then they weren't really unsupervised). Many otherwise well-behaved teenagers get loud and rowdy and are generally oblivious to others around them in that kind of situation.

We've been there at the same time as these big groups and our experience has been that they are not necessarily more rude than others, there's just a lot of them. So instead of one person trying to edge their way in front of me, it's 25. Or instead of one group of 4 being too rowdy in line, it's a group of 30.

You're right about teens in groups. Even adults in groups (I personally hate to be seated by a large group of adults in a restaurant). But I still think there are sometimes cultural differences about what is rude and what is not rude. Personal space, for example. And possibly the definitions of assertiveness vs. aggressiveness. I think the tour group issues may be a combination of things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter