What's Up with Disney these days???

I was at ASMovies 1/21-1/28 and we saw many, many tour groups. We were seated with many portguese speaking people on one of our trips on the safari. Although there was a little chanting, when the driver asked where people were from, they were completely respectful and behaved like anyone else.

There are definitely rude people, rude Americans and rude Argentinians. But I have simply had it with the people on these boards and the BTG threads. Can you even IMAGINE if someone put all African Americans in the same "bucket" and claimed they were horrid and their mere presence was ruining the magic of Walt Disney World? If there were posts about how Jewish people were rude and destroying the magic?

Are we hear to share experiences? Absolutely. But I challenge each of you, before you insult an entire population, to imagine changing the descriptor to "black teens" and see your post in the light others do...

:badpc::badpc::badpc:

Argentineans are Americans, but I know what you mean. They can also be Black or Jewish. In my 1000 or so times at WDW I have never seen African Americans or what may be perceived as Jewish people running rampant or with poor behaviour in the parks. I have seen many, many S. American groups though with very poor behaviour. Now, before you say it...My wife is from S. America. And she would be the first to point out their bad behaviour and is very embarrassed by it.

For me it isn't about anyone's nationality. Like has been been said before, any nationality can be rude. I just like knowing when there will be massive groups of anybody! Then I can either plan my trip around it, or know what to expect. For instance, if there is a huge convention at CSR, I want to know about it so I can plan accordingly. That is just what works for me.

We have never encountered anyone rude except for one woman who yelled at me for "cutting off" her family, even though they were roughly 20 feet behind me as I entered a ride, and a CM on ToT who was WAY out of line. Her supervisors even gave our family of 12 (extended family of 5 plus our 7) a fastpass to ride so we didn't have to wait again after she refused to start the ride b/c my daughter was crying a little bit. She was just a little afraid she was going to get sick. The supervisors said she was out of line and my daughter crying was not enough to warrant her acting the way she did toward us. She was SO nasty. They said the only time a CM should refuse to start the ride is if a child is in danger because they won't stay seated.

Anyway, all of our other moments have been magical, so no huge groups will stop us from having a wonderful time. I just would like to avoid going at a time when I know the crowd levels will be high.

Did we add a state while I wasn't looking?
:lmao:That is a good one.

To be honest I did not think this whole thing was just about the BTG. (big tour groups- change approved!) I thought it was about not addressing issues in the parks and letting things go, including BTG!

ETA: I find it interesting how people are up in arms about mentioning where the tour groups are from. I know when i was young and spent a summer in Europe it was hard to not miss the stereotype of the "American tourist" (US version LOL)

aprincessatlast said:
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl:That is a good one. I would almost feel sorry for you if it was not for your smugness in previous posts.

To be honest I did not think this whole thing was just about the BTG. (big tour groups- change approved!) I thought it was about not addressing issues in the parks and letting things go, including BTG!

I understand (and understood) Art's post just as its clear that he understood that when the PP posted 'Americans', he/she was referring to citizens of the United States, not residents of a continent with 'America' in its name.

I was there from 1/26 to 2/1...the BTG were so rude !! I was pushed and shoved and a group of three tried to cut in front of my son in line and he pushed back past them and yelled "no!"....an old lady (like 80) ran into us during a FP pic with her ecv muttering "passe, passe" and eventually stopped when she hit a bench.....we learned to go the other way whwn we saw the shirts !! the worst part if they hold up the ride lines not understanding "how many in your party"..... the chanting and clapping was annoying...took away from the magic a little.... but all in all I still love WDW !

We were there from Jan 25-30 and had a WONDERFUL time. Seriously...the weather was amazing, and that was the one thing I was worried about in January. Light jacket at night, and in the early AM and that was it! NO rain!

We didn't experience any unscheduled closures (guess we were lucky) and although we saw a TON of BTGs, no big issues. Did I have to dig deep to find my inner New Yorker a couple of times, sure, but they responded well to that. Just a different culture, but I loved seeing their life and energy. They were just having a good time!

I do think that the volume of groups is exhausting for CM (I helped out a couple of CM during a character M&G when they tried to jump in line), but it wasn't a big deal for me. When I say No, I mean No. Ask my 7yo and my 2yo, I don't have any issue with saying No ; )

I still think it was a GREAT time to go and I love interacting with different cultures!

We're here now and the large groups of girls have been very sweet to my granddaughter and polite. I 've been pleasantly surprised. No chanting, no shoving.

appleorchard said:
We're here now and the large groups of girls have been very sweet to my granddaughter and polite. I 've been pleasantly surprised. No chanting, no shoving.

They're from Argentina. One of them offered us popcorn yesterday at fantastic :D they do seem very nice.

I understand (and understood) Art's post just as its clear that he understood that when the PP posted 'Americans', he/she was referring to citizens of the United States, not residents of a continent with 'America' in its name.

Respectfully, I have to said that I am a USA Citizen since Puerto RIco is a USA Territorry and USA Commonwealth since 1917 .

Looks like the big tour groups' conspiracy to have the World all to themselves in January is starting to work. (Here's where I'd insert the smiley face eating popcorn, but it seems to have disappeared.)

Did we add a state while I wasn't looking?

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

I have seen positive and negative behavior from guests of all ages, backgrounds and nationalities. I know it is never a positive experience to have someone cutting in line or exhibiting any other negative behavior. I would say that while on vacation with my family, we REALLY try to be glass half full people and just enjoy spending our time together. 5 more minutes in line If cut in front of) with my family is more time we are able to enjoy each others stories, requests and memories. We discuss any negative behavior and use it as a teaching tool. If you let others spoil your time, then that is on you. Yes, I have read the threads, witch hunting and all.:sad2: There are BTG, cheerleaders, Pop Warner, Soccer players, etc.... Every one has had threads on here complaining about this behavior or that. Why spend all that money to worry about how others behave?

We have 2 feet of snow forecast starting tomorrow. Want to guess how many people will be at the supermarket today being rude to each other, complaining about the weather and just plain worrying about themselves? My wife is actually checking on our elderly neighbors to see if they need anything, calling family to make sure they are prepared and ready for the storm. I'm thinking that if everyone just spent more time thinking of the positive, we would all be better off.

OK, off the soapbox. I hope everyone has a good day and anyone heading to Disney has a great time.

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

I have seen positive and negative behavior from guests of all ages, backgrounds and nationalities. I know it is never a positive experience to have someone cutting in line or exhibiting any other negative behavior. I would say that while on vacation with my family, we REALLY try to be glass half full people and just enjoy spending our time together. 5 more minutes in line If cut in front of) with my family is more time we are able to enjoy each others stories, requests and memories. We discuss any negative behavior and use it as a teaching tool. If you let others spoil your time, then that is on you. Yes, I have read the threads, witch hunting and all.:sad2: There are BTG, cheerleaders, Pop Warner, Soccer players, etc.... Every one has had threads on here complaining about this behavior or that. Why spend all that money to worry about how others behave?

We have 2 feet of snow forecast starting tomorrow. Want to guess how many people will be at the supermarket today being rude to each other, complaining about the weather and just plain worrying about themselves? My wife is actually checking on our elderly neighbors to see if they need anything, calling family to make sure they are prepared and ready for the storm. I'm thinking that if everyone just spent more time thinking of the positive, we would all be better off.

OK, off the soapbox. I hope everyone has a good day and anyone heading to Disney has a great time.

:thumbsup2. :thumbsup2

I don't think nationality has a lot to do with it - you get a big group of teenagers far away from home, in a theme park, with minimal adult supervision, they're going to get rowdy. The only thing that would prevent it is having enough staff on hand to manage them. Disney, like most modern companies, want to spend as little on staffing as they can get away with, so we're stuck with it.

For all the "let's not offend any group" people out there, I hope you step in front of a monorail. I really do.

WDW and every other public venue ought to have everyone get along and have some common decency for those around them. If you think people are exagerating the bad behaviors seen, you are mistaken. And, I have seen the same behaviors by small families from anytown America. You all need to sharpen up and take some time to realize you're not the only one in the park, or on the road, or at the grocery store.

This trend of letting mob groups of any source 'get away' with bad behaviors will have us all trouble our great grandchildren will someday wonder about how it got that bad.

I was there at about the same time as the original poster (January 28th through January 31st) and had a much different experience.

Our resort, Coronado Springs, was empty. Like completely empty. I don't know if there was any other guests in our section. Buses had only 1 or 2 other families on at a time.

We thought the crowds were pretty minimal at MK and EPCOT (EPCOT seemed completely empty). WtP seemed to have a long line and got fp's. However, we did skip Enhanted Tales with Belle because it was 60 minutes and we did not ride the "thrill" rides because our kids are little. My only disappointment was the Barnstormer was closed which is the ride we baited my daughter with to eat her dinner for the previous month before the trip.

Now AK felt crowded so we spent minimal time there but we walked right into Bug's Life, which is the only thing we wanted to do that we didn't pull a fp for.

We only had 1 rude family that tried to push in front of us at a character M&G and the Cast Member completely took care of it and told them they needed to get in line behind everyone.

For all the "let's not offend any group" people out there, I hope you step in front of a monorail. I really do.

Oh the irony.

WDW and every other public venue ought to have everyone get along and have some common decency for those around them. If you think people are exagerating the bad behaviors seen, you are mistaken. And, I have seen the same behaviors by small families from anytown America. You all need to sharpen up and take some time to realize you're not the only one in the park, or on the road, or at the grocery store.

This trend of letting mob groups of any source 'get away' with bad behaviors will have us all trouble our great grandchildren will someday wonder about how it got that bad.

I agree with the above poster, save for my minor comments given earlier which were more situational then widespread. And here's some pics:

DSC05111 by Tropical Wilds, on Flickr

EPCOT at like 5pm on 1/27

DSC05099 by Tropical Wilds, on Flickr

Magic Kingdom, Main St, like 4pm 1/27

Certainly not packed while we were there. New Fantasyland was slammed, but everywhere else was fine. And the Poly was very empty as well... No lines for anything, including the monorail at close of Illuminations on a Friday night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter