What's the hottest temps you've ever experienced and where?

114 right here in Sacramento. Every few years we have a heatwave like that. 100-105 is the norm here in summer.
Just seems to me people are less tolerant to heat. None of my schools K-12 was air conditioned going to school 1962 to 1975 and there were no early dismissals. In the 1990s our local school district got Federal money to install ac in all the schools. Now if a school ac breaks, school is canceled.

104 here today in UK. Hottest temperature here ever.
All the main railway lines got shut down due to fear of buckling. We must make them out of a special soft steel.
People were told not to travel and stay at home. Shops and schools closed early.
I bet you people in the States find this unusual.
We have very little domestic air conditioning in the U.K. as it’s not normally needed.

The deal with 'dry heat' is that it allows your perspiration to work and cool you down. You sweat, but it vaporizes quickly which helps reduce your skin temperature. This obviously does not work in humid environments. It is also why you can use swamp coolers in desert climates. They use moisture to cool the air, which again does not work if it is very humid already.

We have very little domestic air conditioning in the U.K. as it’s not normally needed.
I was in London in June 1976 during the .....then record breaking.....heat wave. As I posted elsewhere, I was surprised at the lack of Air Conditioning or a pool at the Hilton hotel I stayed at in London. And to be honest, today as I do some digging and comparing, I am even more surprised. Hotels in San Francisco, where the weather is about 7 degrees cooler on average than London, high rise hotels all have air conditioning, mostly I suspect just for ventilation.
I was in Leeds in 2014 and no ac there, but it was a very old, small hotel.

About 100F (38C) on Grand Cayman Island in August. We'd been to WDW earlier in the week and it was low '90's but with a lot more humidity so that actually felt worse. :sunny: About the hottest it ever gets here at home is mid-30'sC, but that's not typical and humidity is always very low.

Visalia, California was 113 in July.

We took a trip to Death Valley where it was supposed to get up to 125 but instead a cold front came through and it rained. The place gets like 4 days of rain a year and we catch it on our stargazing trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter