What's the hottest temps you've ever experienced and where?

115 during a heat wave in Germany. I was living there for university and my apartment did not have AC, so I ended up sleeping on the tile floor of my apartment with a fan next to me during that time. My back did NOT appreciate it.

Last edited:
I’ve been to some hot places all over the world (including several places in South America, the South Pacific and Africa) and I’ve never felt it as hot as where I live (near DC) in the summer. I’d guess floridas worse but i e never been brave enough to visit in the summer lol. Went this past May and it was in the 90s the whole two weeks

Hiking in Death Valley, 131.
I feel like you kinda brought that on yourself ;)
On purpose, highest temperature was about 115 in Palm Springs. We go out there for our anniversary in August. You get great deals on the room and the locals who are there are very welcoming (a lot of businesses close for the summer). We just hang out by the pool and in buildings with AC - SOO quiet! Just what we need every once in a long while.

Not-on-purpose - it hit 111 in Morro Bay one time when I lived there. That is REALLY unusual - normal is fog with highs in the 60s. It was like that for 2 days - then seemingly broke in an instant down to the 70s with the thickest fog I've ever seen.

Most uncomfortable was 105 in Sandusky Ohio with 98% humidity. It was a game to not be the one who doubled over by the heat first. The game didn't last more than about 5 minutes each day.

Probably the visit to Gettysburg in one July during the mid-1990s when it hit 105. We basically stayed in the car and drove around looking at the battlefield and monuments through the windows. We've been there lots of time but that was the hottest ever.

We also visited Tempe, Arizona in 2002 but I don't remember it being that hot. It was during October and I will admit it was odd to see Halloween decorations at the airport when it was 95 degrees outside!

125 near Palm Springs, Ca in July,1960. We were visiting my grandmother. She had a water cooler and a couple of fans, but no AC. The temp in side was around 90. To help we bought a fan from a hardware store owned by Alan Ladd. When her husband died I brought Grandma and the fan back to NY. We are still using it.
They had a 1952 Ford with no AC. It was a big decision whether to keep the windows closed and suffocate or open them and feel like you were in front of the oven.

125 near Palm Springs, Ca in July,1960. We were visiting my grandmother. She had a water cooler and a couple of fans, but no AC. The temp in side was around 90. To help we bought a fan from a hardware store owned by Alan Ladd. When her husband died I brought Grandma and the fan back to NY. We are still using it.
They had a 1952 Ford with no AC. It was a big decision whether to keep the windows closed and suffocate or open them and feel like you were in front of the oven.

The summer of '88, here in mid-Michigan we were experiencing humid temps so hot that we actually kept windows and drapes closed so not to let in the horrible heat.....wayyy before we got AC.

The summer of '88, here in mid-Michigan we were experiencing humid temps so hot that we actually kept windows and drapes closed so not to let in the horrible heat.....wayyy before we got AC.
I remember that summer. I’m in NE Ohio and had just bought my first car. It had a temp reading in the car and it read 105. I thought it was broke 😀

The hottest temp I’ve ever experienced outside of Ohio was 112 in Las Vegas over Labor Day weekend.

I don't know the actual temperature or the exact year but Death Valley some time in the 70s, maybe 73. I lived in Saudi Arabia in the 70s as well and we lived out in the dessert. I have no idea what the actual temperature was but I can say that even though I moved there from Albuquerque, NM where it can get hot, it was the hottest I've ever been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter