What's on your menu?

These all sound fantastic!

We did a plated dinner at the Grand which was AMAZING!!

Cocktail hour we did the antipasto display which is a ton of diverse food and really tasty

Appetizer
Goat Cheese Ravioli in Marinara (which was awesome)
Salad
Ceaser Salad (also really good....we had the Ohana's salad on themenu until we changed our RD location and the Grand did a great job recreating and then improving it)
Lemon Champagne sorbet in Cinderella's Blue Lit Slipper
Entree:
Choice of:
Filet in Merlot Butter and Lobster in Burre Blanc sauce with white cheddar mashed potatos and seasonal veggies
or
Roasted French Chicken in Pinot Reduction with Giant Shrimp stuffed with crab in a burre blanc sauce with white cheddar mashed potatos and seasonal veggies

Cake- Top: Chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse, middle marble cake with milk chocolate mousse and fresh raspberries, and bottom almond cake with amaretto mousse

It was all excellent and we have a ton of pictures of it. I think ours was around $130 per person, but for some reason I think it was less. I can't wait to have them remake it for our anniversary

Sure! I seriously can't rave enough about how good it all was. And now I'm am just so hungry and have nothing nearly as yummy to eat
Ravioli (seriously huge)
Food1.jpg

Salad, plated tableside
food2.jpg

Lemon Champagne sorbet (its white, which is kind of hard to tell in the picture but I didn't want the color to clash with the light, I'm crazy that way)
food5.jpg

food8.jpg

Filet and Lobster
food6.jpg

Chicken and Shrimp
food7.jpg

Here is ours

Appetizers
Hummus with flatbread
Cheese and cracker display
pulled pork bbq on flatbread

Plated Dinner
Traditional Italian Wedding Soup

House salad with spinach and fuji apples (also had bleu cheese crumbles and a vinaigrette dressing. So yummy.)

Duo plate meal
Filet Mignon with caramelized onions and red wine reduction
and
Chicken Cordon Bleu with Mornay Sauce
Roasted garlic potatoes, baby carrots, and broccoli.

Dessert was wedding cake and fondue station at DP.
Bottom and anniversary layer was chocolate cake with peanut butter cup filling. The middle layer was almond cake with amaretto mousse.

We also had chocolate shavings, whipped cream, and rock candy to go with the coffee.

All together it was way too much food. I should have taken part of it off, but what part I could never choose. It was all so good.

OK so I had to subscribe and live vicariously through everyone! We're having a Napa Room reception so we're a bit limited in food selection. But I love seeing how creative all these menus are! I so shouldn't be reading this before dinner though :rotfl:

Christine

any new menus to add?? Having a hard time choosing ours so any menus you have had would be great

Did anyone here have their reception on November 5th, 2007 at Atlantic Dance Hall? We had our site visit there that day and the menu looked amazing. We were curious how it tasted??

...what was your menu? Did you have a cocktail hour? Was it a plated dinner or buffet?

Desnik, we had a progressive dinner party. It started with drinks and passed appetizers in one venue, then everyone moved onto a full sit-down dinner in another venue. Once dinner was done, our guests moved onto yet another venue so that they could enjoy individual wedding cakes. Then everyone headed outdoors for dessert beneath the moonlight and dancing beneath the Sorcerer's Hat. All in all, our guests had more than their fill of delicious and quite varied food. I think most of them were literally rolled onto the private motor coach for their return to their resorts (I know that I was rolled onto it!).

Here’s the menu for the progressive dinner party :

- - - - - - - - - -
Janet & Rick’s Vow Renewal
Reception and Dinner

Gangster Reception

Assorted Passed Canapés and Hors d’ Oeuvres
Miniature Calzones
House Cured Salmon with Caviar
Arancini with Spicy Italian Sausage
Assorted Vegetarian Sushi
Assorted Passed Crostini
(Gorgonzola and Hazelnut, White Bean, and Eggplant)

Western Dinner

Ale and Molasses Marinated Quail with Chervil and Bacon Wrapped Shallots
(Kid’s option of Homemade Macaroni and Cheese in Crispy Beggars Purse)

Assorted Field Greens with Tart Apple Vinaigrette
Warm Golden California Goat Cheese Croute

Intermezzo of Sorbet, Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, and Kiwi

Venison with Sundried Cherry and Zinfandel Reduction
Moros Orange and Honey Glazed Duck
Parsnip, Sweet Potato, and Yukon Gold Potato Tarte
Braised Greens

Land Of Oz Dessert

Miniature-Cakes Topped with Chocolate Mickey Mouse Ears

- - - - - - - - -

Various desserts were also served at the outdoor dance party, but I honestly have no idea what they were since I don’t have a record of them in my documentation. Luckily, I do have a photo or two (thank goodness, since I was too stuffed to eat them by that point in the evening!).

I’ll share a few photos of the food – but they simply don’t do the food justice. Everything was beyond delicious. Yum!

2191907782_0b8f225ed1_m.jpg
1894808946_c6469a9a55_m.jpg
2191120501_93e43d8127_m.jpg

1891216100_97f1d48ff1_m.jpg
1890742785_6582fe39f0_m.jpg
1891574856_3892e4267c_m.jpg

*cheddar cheese soup with pretzel bread from canada
You have just made my day!

Soup course is getting added to the menu!!

Was this to do with your location that you could add this?

We're having the Living Seas Salon so we're in Epcot, surely that's a good start?

I was thinking of maybe scrapping the full appetizer and salad courses and doing the following:
cocktail hour
soup
sorbet
duo main course
cake
followed by the dessert party later on.

This is presuming Disney will let me get away with this!

We're having the Living Seas Salon so we're in Epcot, surely that's a good start?

I was thinking of maybe scrapping the full appetizer and salad courses and doing the following:
cocktail hour
soup
sorbet
duo main course
cake
followed by the dessert party later on.

This is presuming Disney will let me get away with this!

your welcome! i have to say it was a bog hit. and i think you are smart to do the courses you metioned above. i had app, soup, salad sorbet, main and desert and it was sosos ,much. your idea is a good one

We're not having the soup, but we are adding other things from restaurants on property at Magic Kingdom and they are allowing us to do it at the Living Seas.

your welcome! i have to say it was a bog hit. and i think you are smart to do the courses you metioned above. i had app, soup, salad sorbet, main and desert and it was sosos ,much. your idea is a good one

Hopefully they'll let us ditch the courses we're not fussed about!

We're not having the soup, but we are adding other things from restaurants on property at Magic Kingdom and they are allowing us to do it at the Living Seas.

Awesome! :cheer2:

I never thought I'd get so excited about soup:rotfl: , but I love love LOVE Le Cellier so this would be a great addition for our menu!

(Now you've got me wondering what other menu items I can have though - already dreaming about the mushroom filet mignon! - no I'll be good and not get carried away :rolleyes:)

Here's our menu The chef did an outragious job at listening to all teh stuff we wanted!
Cocktail hour:
fruit platter and gormet cheese platters
cocktail shrimp station
mini hot dogs
mushroom tartlettes
beef and blue cheese wrapped in bacon

dinner:
American Station
Creamy Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Cooked To Order Lobster Tail
Main Lobster Tail Steamed to Order with Rich Drawn Butter
Potato Martini
Yukon Gold, Sweet and Purple Peruvian Potatoes in Martini Glasses
Ready to be Topped with Your Favorite Toppings
Shredded Cheddar, Bacon Bits, Chives, Cinnamon Sugar and Whipped Butter to Name a Few
Carved to Order
Herb Crusted Tenderloin of Beef
Accompanied by a Cabernet Reduction

Canadian Station
Canadian Beer Cheese Soup and Warm Pretzel Bread
Carved to Order
Lingonberry Glazed Pork Tenderloin
And Cinnamon Apple Pancakes
Hazelnut Crusted Salmon Laced with a Maple Glaze

Asian Station
Soba Noodle Salad
Soba Noodles Tossed with Baby Bok Choy, Red Pepper and Carrots in a Sesame Ginger Dressing
Sushi & Sashimi
Shrimp, Salmon, Tuna, California Rolls and Vegetable Rolls
Served with Wasabi, Soy Sauce & Pickled Ginger
Stir Fried to Order
Peanut Chicken and Jasmine Rice
Stir Fried Chicken and Asian Vegetables Tossed in a Thai Peanut Sauce
Pork Pot Stickers and Spicy Garlic
Soy Sauce

Mediterranean Station
Greek Salad
Built to Order
Gyros and Lamb Slouvaki
Gyros and Lamb Slouvaki, Feta, Tzatziki, lettuce, Tomatoes and Black Olives
On Rosemary Grilled Flat Bread

Italian Station
Cesar Salad
Pasta to Order
You’re Choice of Penne Al Vodka or Fettuccini Alfredo
Served with Garlic Toasted Breadsticks, Crushed Red Pepper and Shaved Asiago Cheese
Parmesan Crusted Breast of Chicken Glazed with a Mushroom Marsala Cream

Here's our menu The chef did an outragious job at listening to all teh stuff we wanted!

I love the World Showcase Menu, it sounds fantastic!

Where are you holding your reception?

Can you girls tell me at how many months out should menus be getting discussed? (we won't be going over for a planning visit, so I think it will be mainly email conversations).
I have all these ideas already, but I'm not sure when they should be brought up!!

We are talking about our menu at our planning session but I think its around 6 months out cos thats when prices are locked in.

We are not having the soup or salad course cos I think it will be way too much food for everyone along with cake and dessert party!

Cutiebugny- How much is your menu costing and for how many people??

I'm having an Escape wedding and a dinner reception at Jiko. My menu is one of three options I was given and I already know it's too much food. But I'm in love :love: and I couldn't cut anything out or go with a shorter menu!! I think the food is my favoritest :-)laughing: ) thing about my wedding (except getting married!)

Jiko Menu Number 3

Taste of Africa… Dips and African Breads

Appetizer Platter to Share

Lamb Patis, Lentil Pastilla, and a Market Inspired Appetizer
Served with Assorted Dipping Sauces

Guest Selection of the Following Starters:

Marinated Tuna

or

Maize Tamales

Tomato Cucumber Salad with Red Onions and Watermelon Vinaigrette

This Season’s Soup

Jiko Sorbet

Guest Selection of the following Main Plate:

Braised Lamb Shank

Oak Grilled Filet of Beef

Market Fish

Oven Roasted Chicken

Entrees served with our African-Inspired Vegetables and Starches

Jiko Dessert Sampler

A Taste Of Our Favorite Three Desserts… To Share

(Night of Event: Guest choice of Marinated Tuna or Maize Tamales and Entrée)

DF said it was fine, so I don't know what I'm worried about, other than overstuffing my guests...:rotfl:

Our reception is at Atlantic Dance, and yes you should be discussing menus at about 6 mos when pries can be locked in.

Our cockale hr is $40 P/P and the world showcase dinner is $110 P/P We are budgeted for 175 people but now tht RSVP's are coming in I'm thinking we might be over that number.

In general with everything we got in our budget the food was the best deal we got. Coming from NY our guests will be expecting a huge spread and we wanted to give it to them. So we felt after looking at the default menues that they give you and most buffets running about $99 p/p that for getting EVERYTHING we wanted the extra $10 was nothing. Floral and decor is what kills your budget! I mean $10.50 each for charger plates!!:rotfl2: COME ON!

I know I'm having me planning session in under 3 weeks and I'm not likeing the default menus really so this thread is great, you do have so much food for the price! I will copy that to my ideas folder I think!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter