What's on your menu?

Desnik

<font color=teal>I actually love packing and plann
For all those planning and who have had their weddings already, what was your menu? Did you have a cocktail hour? Was it a plated dinner or buffet? How long is the reception? To me the food is one of the most important things! We are picky eaters but love to eat and we have a family of foodies!!LOL Anywhere I can view the menus besides the official website?(I'm on my laptop and it's not letting me access the menus)

For all those planning and who have had their weddings already, what was your menu? Did you have a cocktail hour? Was it a plated dinner or buffet? How long is the reception? To me the food is one of the most important things! We are picky eaters but love to eat and we have a family of foodies!!LOL Anywhere I can view the menus besides the official website?(I'm on my laptop and it's not letting me access the menus)

this was my one ofmy favorite parts of my wedding. i had a boardwaslk theme so some of the food went with it.
to answer yourquestions 1. we had plated 2. yes we had a coatail hour 3. pre-redep 1 hour reception 4hours (if you have plated i would so add an extra hour is possible, i dont know if it is but i recomed it). ok the menu

pre recep: antipasta display-cold salads,bread, chesses, veg. excetra
*mini corn dogs
*crab cakes
*mini pizzas (assorted)
*hand scooped french fires (shoestring the best i have ever had)
*action station of gyros so yummy

dinner
*custom cocktail- baybreeze with pink sugar
*cheddar cheese soup with pretzel bread from canada
*ceasar salad
*penne ala vodka
*champage/rasberry sorbet in martini glass
*duo plate of -parmasean crusted chicken w/parma rosa sauce
-beef filet with tyme sauce
- asiago mashed potatoes (so thick and creamy)
- baby carrots
*plate if taffy and assorted fudge
*cake-almond and amaretto
-marble and pb cup

i have pics in my pj of you would like to see some of them

happy planning

Reception: hand passed flatbreads, terriaki steak
Appetizer: sonoma goat cheese ravioli with sundried tomato nectar (whats that?) ****aki mushrooms and basil
Salad: wine country salad with marinated dried tomatoes, olives, sourdough croutons and basil dressing
Sorbet: Market inspired seasonal sorbet
Entrees: Slow roasted atlantic salmon, oak grilled beef tenderloin, oak fired chicken breast
Dessert: A taste of 3 bite size chocolate sensations
Coffee and tea.
we are also having the chocolate cake with strawberries on it. yum! it is at the california grill. unfortunately they do not have tastings at the cali grill. but we went to dinner there when we were in DW for our planning session. it was amazing!

i'm having a buffet AND a cocktail hour. for ch, i'm having antipasto and fruit/yogurt displays.

this is my dinner menu

Salad Station
Assorted Mixed Greens, Chopped Romaine Lettuce
served with toppings to include:
Olives, Onions, Tomatoes, Cucumbers,
Carrot Curls, Croutons, Parmesan & Cheddar Cheeses
Dressings to include Caesar Dressing, Light Zinfandel & Watercress Ranch

Hot Food Station
Steamed Bouquet of Baby Vegetables
Breast of Chicken with Marsala & Mushrooms
Foccacia Bread & Butter

Pasta Action Station
Penne ala Vodka
Cheese Tortellini with Alfredo Sauce
accompanied by Grated Parmesan Cheese & Garlic Bread Sticks

Carving Action Station
Herb Roasted Striploin of Beef with Béarnaise Sauce
Accompanied by Miniature Rolls, Mayonnaise, Horseradish, Mustard & Butter

Potato Martini Bar Action Station
Sweet Potatoes with Maple Syrup, Walnuts & Toasted Marshmallow
Purple Peruvian Potatoes with Garlic topped with Sour Cream & Chives
Yukon Gold Mash topped with Caramelized Shallot Butter & Blue Cheese Crisp

this was my one ofmy favorite parts of my wedding. i had a boardwaslk theme so some of the food went with it.
to answer yourquestions 1. we had plated 2. yes we had a coatail hour 3. pre-redep 1 hour reception 4hours (if you have plated i would so add an extra hour is possible, i dont know if it is but i recomed it). ok the menu

pre recep: antipasta display-cold salads,bread, chesses, veg. excetra
*mini corn dogs
*crab cakes
*mini pizzas (assorted)
*hand scooped french fires (shoestring the best i have ever had)
*action station of gyros so yummy

dinner
*custom cocktail- baybreeze with pink sugar
*cheddar cheese soup with pretzel bread from canada
*ceasar salad
*penne ala vodka
*champage/rasberry sorbet in martini glass
*duo plate of -parmasean crusted chicken w/parma rosa sauce
-beef filet with tyme sauce
- asiago mashed potatoes (so thick and creamy)
- baby carrots
*plate if taffy and assorted fudge
*cake-almond and amaretto
-marble and pb cup

i have pics in my pj of you would like to see some of them

happy planning

WOW. That's a crazy amount of food! :rotfl: And it all sounds sooooo delicious :thumbsup2 . Just wondering, if you don't mind, how much did you spend per person? At my cousin's wedding, she had literally HALF the food and they charged her $140 per head...that's Miami for you! :rotfl:

hhee it was a lot of food. but we are itialian and from new york so our families more then finished it all hehe. and yes it was all soso yummy. the best i have had ever.

ok for the open bar it was 40$ a person and 18$ for under 21 guests
that is a total of 131 a person after eating it all and listening to the guests it was not expensive at all. the portions are big and the pre reception was so wounderful. i wish i had more pics

*18.00 a child-they had mickeyroni,salad, chicken-corn-fries-applesauce and decorate your own cookie

i'm having a buffet

those potatoes sound so yummy. i would love to see pics of them. o just a suggestion if you want pics of your food in particular make usre to tell your photographer. i did not and now i am sad i would have loved to see for example the sorbet. your mash potatoes are unique and you might want to remember them. just a suggestion

Wow!
All those menus sound wonderful...
I didn't know you can get LeCellier bread added into your menu... I might have to borrow that idea (if you don't mind sunsh1ne... :) ). LOVE their bread...

We can't get buffet because we're under 50 people (well we can but we'd have to pay for 50 people and that's just too much) and we only have 2 hrs for dinner plus another hour for dessert party... I just hope that's enough time.
According to your recommendation that doesn't sound enough... :scared1: :eek: uh-oh...

Wow!
All those menus sound wonderful...
I didn't know you can get LeCellier bread added into your menu... I might have to borrow that idea (if you don't mind sush1ne... :) ). LOVE their bread...

We can't get buffet because we're under 50 people (well we can but we'd have to pay for 50 people and that's just too much) and we only have 2 hrs for dinner plus another hour for dessert party... I just hope that's enough time.
According to your recommendation that doesn't sound enough... :scared1: :eek: uh-oh...

of ocourse i dont mind you having the bred.it is soso yummy.
ok i didnt mean to scare you. ok lets see
are you having a dj? are you having as many course?
now with that said we had approx two hourse of eating with about a 1/2 hour breaksuring courses for dancing and then back to the earitng and then two full hours of dancing. it was enough time but if you had the opportunity to add more time i say go for it. if not you willbe fine.please dont be worried it will be great. and remember you have the desert party i did not have that time.

i hope this helps. let me now if you have any more questions

those potatoes sound so yummy. i would love to see pics of them. o just a suggestion if you want pics of your food in particular make usre to tell your photographer. i did not and now i am sad i would have loved to see for example the sorbet. your mash potatoes are unique and you might want to remember them. just a suggestion

it's on my photo list! thanks for the suggestion!

of ocourse i dont mind you having the bred.it is soso yummy.
ok i didnt mean to scare you. ok lets see
are you having a dj? are you having as many course?
now with that said we had approx two hourse of eating with about a 1/2 hour breaksuring courses for dancing and then back to the earitng and then two full hours of dancing. it was enough time but if you had the opportunity to add more time i say go for it. if not you willbe fine.please dont be worried it will be great. and remember you have the desert party i did not have that time.

i hope this helps. let me now if you have any more questions

Thank you!!! I'll have to remember to mention that during our PS :)

We're having sitdown dinner but no dancing . Just our first dance and cake cutting. Not sure on the # of courses but I might not have too many because I don't want everybody to be too full before the DP... :lmao:
It'd be sad to have all those sweets wasted... hehe ...

OK, well I'll cross my fingers and keep the courses to a more manageable number and hopefully 2hrs will be enough.

Thank you!

hhee it was a lot of food. but we are itialian and from new york so our families more then finished it all hehe. and yes it was all soso yummy. the best i have had ever.

ok for the open bar it was 40$ a person and 18$ for under 21 guests
that is a total of 131 a person after eating it all and listening to the guests it was not expensive at all. the portions are big and the pre reception was so wounderful. i wish i had more pics

*18.00 a child-they had mickeyroni,salad, chicken-corn-fries-applesauce and decorate your own cookie

WOW. That's a good amount of food for the money [especially it being Disney and all!]! Wait till my cousin hears about this; she's going to wish she had a DFTW! :rotfl2:

Thanks for the budget breakdown, BTW! :thumbsup2

I thought 131 was a great price for the amount of food you had, we are now debating a plated dinner as we are looking at a venue change from ariels to whitehall room so we can now have a plated dinner

Thank you!!! I'll have to remember to mention that during our PS :)

We're having sitdown dinner but no dancing . Just our first dance and cake cutting. Not sure on the # of courses but I might not have too many because I don't want everybody to be too full before the DP... :lmao:
It'd be sad to have all those sweets wasted... hehe ...

OK, well I'll cross my fingers and keep the courses to a more manageable number and hopefully 2hrs will be enough.

Thank you!

o theyll have no problem getting you that bread! and no dancing, you will be fine with time. even with all the courses you will be perfect! and about being too full, if they are anything like my fam and friends they can never be too full especially for sweets heeh
it will be great

Thank you all so much for posting! Wow these menus all look amazing! I had no idea we could get that pretzel bread! DH is still talking about it from our Nov. trip! If anyone else cares to add their menu that would be great! The more the better!!

i'm having a buffet AND a cocktail hour. for ch, i'm having antipasto and fruit/yogurt displays.

this is my dinner menu

Salad Station
Assorted Mixed Greens, Chopped Romaine Lettuce
served with toppings to include:
Olives, Onions, Tomatoes, Cucumbers,
Carrot Curls, Croutons, Parmesan & Cheddar Cheeses
Dressings to include Caesar Dressing, Light Zinfandel & Watercress Ranch

Hot Food Station
Steamed Bouquet of Baby Vegetables
Breast of Chicken with Marsala & Mushrooms
Foccacia Bread & Butter

Pasta Action Station
Penne ala Vodka
Cheese Tortellini with Alfredo Sauce
accompanied by Grated Parmesan Cheese & Garlic Bread Sticks

Carving Action Station
Herb Roasted Striploin of Beef with Béarnaise Sauce
Accompanied by Miniature Rolls, Mayonnaise, Horseradish, Mustard & Butter

Hey Caryn... if you don't mind, can you let me know how much you're paying for all this? I'm doing a buffet and I'm trying to get a rough idea of how much to spend - please let me know. You can PM me if you're not comfortable putting prices up here. Thanks, Tracy

Here is ours:

cocktail hour - antipasto display

Buffet dinner with action stations:

artichoke, baby spinach, red pepper and black olives tossed in a campagne vinegrette
cesar salad
tomato mozzarella marinated in olive oil, garlic and basil drizzled with balsamic reduction

smashed potato martini bar - yukon gold, sweet and purple peruvian potatoes served in a martini glass with all your favorite toppings

marinated pan seared salmon with strawberry and ginger puree and braised baby bok choy

so frito rubbed pork loin accompanied by yucca and red onion maja salad

boneless prime rib of beef with herbed crust served with creamy horseradish sauce and grilled vegetables, rolls and butter

cake: bottom layer - almond cake with Bailey's mousse, middle layer - lemon cake with raspberry mousse, top layer - carrot cake with cream cheese

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter