What's going on week of Jan 22, 2024? Resorts all booked?!

keodark

Earning My Ears
I waited a bit late to begin planning our Jan 2024 trip to WDW and was shocked to see extremely low room availability across all resorts for the dates of 1/19 - 1/28. Nearly everything Deluxe is booked up, even at rack rates, as are most of the moderates. There are a lot more openings the week before, and two weeks later. The week of 1/22 is supposed to be "Below Average" attendance according to the crowd calendars. Am I missing something? Is there some big event going on that's drawing bookings that week, or is planning a WDW trip for 'value season' 3 months out always like this, these days?

TIA for any perspective!

It could be a combination of quite a few small things happening throughout January that are seeing demand being shuffled about a bit.

With park hopping, dining plan and no park reservations coming back on the 9th, could see an uptick for a period after as people have been waiting on these.
Saw post earlier in the POP thread the Skyliner is down in part, 16th to 27th. So those resorts could have people looking to change to somewhere else.

Are you looking only under a certain promotion? Sometimes things are limited under certain promotions and trying different promotions or no promotions yields different results.
When I look quick for your dates just in general and not under any discount I see most moderates, some deluxe, and AoA. There was No Allstars or Pop.
Sometimes if you play with dates you can get different things too. But then if your dates are firm you May have to split.
I booked a room a couple of months ago on a promo for a trip only a few months away based on availability , but kept looking and my first choice was later added ,so I was able to change.

Last edited:

Yesterday DVC announced a Moonlight Magic for January 25…I am sure anything left will be going soon.

If you're only looking for discounts, that could be the case, try looking at the regular rates.

I waited a bit late to begin planning our Jan 2024 trip to WDW and was shocked to see extremely low room availability across all resorts for the dates of 1/19 - 1/28. Nearly everything Deluxe is booked up, even at rack rates, as are most of the moderates. There are a lot more openings the week before, and two weeks later. The week of 1/22 is supposed to be "Below Average" attendance according to the crowd calendars. Am I missing something? Is there some big event going on that's drawing bookings that week, or is planning a WDW trip for 'value season' 3 months out always like this, these days?

TIA for any perspective!
I am having the same issue. Suddenly have an opportunity to go to WDW for a couple of days 1/24-1/26. Nothing in value is available. No Pop or Art of Animation either - with or without a discount!

I am glad that it's not just me finding next week oddly booked up solid at every level (a few $2000 rooms at Grand Floridian for some days, etc.). I don't know why either. It's well after King day, well before Presidents' day... Would sure like to be there! Winter just got real up here.

Country Bear Jamboree is closing January 26th for a revamp. I know it’s not a huge attraction, but a lot of times people make a point of going to the last day of an attraction.

A bit late, but there is a gymanstics competition going on a World of Sports so I’m thinking that is taking up a lot of rooms

I'm having the same problem with 2/3-2/11! Crowd forecast is low but all the values & mods are booked--unless I do 1 night at a time at various properties. Uggh!

I'm having the same problem with 2/3-2/11! Crowd forecast is low but all the values & mods are booked--unless I do 1 night at a time at various properties. Uggh!
I know there is a Cheer event the first two weekends in February. Probably won’t impact crowds too much. But most likely eating up rooms.

Does anyone know which resorts the NFL pro bowlers will be staying at?? All tower rooms at CSR are sold out this coming week?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter