What's everyones "Hidden Gem" at WDW.

The small sitting area with a fireplace on the second floor of the wilderness lodge lobby. During Christmas you can sit up there with a cup of coffee in full view of the tree, people watch, and enjoy the ambiance of the fire in a secluded area.
I love this space at WL. AKL has those great Savana overlook balconies with rocking chairs, Sunset Overlook room, and the indoor fire pit on the lobby level at AKL. The architect Peter Dominick did and great job making cozy nooks you can discover for hiding away when you want to curl up with a book & snack.

Though I don't think Geyser Point is a hidden gem anymore, I don't think it's been impacted much by crowds. I always go at peak lunch time hours and was seated within 5 minutes but maybe it's different at dinner. I want to tell people how great it is but I don't want it to become like other popular spots where it's impossible to get a seat.

Someone else on here said Sanaa and I don't think it's hidden anymore. It was the most difficult reservation to grab for my upcoming trip and every time I eat there I always see a massive line of people waiting to sign up for the walk up list.
Yeah, lunch is pretty easy to get a table. We've always just walked in. Dinner you usually will have a wait. Though every time we've joined the wait list it's usually been about half the estimated wait time. Just long enough to grab an even better drink at Territory Lounge - which is also a hidden gem - get the chardonnay fondue, you can thank me later 😂.

I love this space at WL. AKL has those great Savana overlook balconies with rocking chairs, Sunset Overlook room, and the indoor fire pit on the lobby level at AKL. The architect Peter Dominick did and great job making cozy nooks you can discover for hiding away when you want to curl up with a book & snack.
I agree. My favorite spot was bringing my morning coffee to the outdoor circular area with chairs over to the right of the registration area which is also a staircase access. It was always empty and so nice overlooking savanna area and the best part was the peaceful jungle music there from the speakers

The butternut squash soup at Mara's QS at the AKL. Then I love to go up and sit in the Sunset Lounge, off the lobby (in back of check in) for a while.

Not sure if this counts as a "hidden gem", but Polite Pig is our favorite QS by far. Never been disappointed there.

So You're the one that always has my favorite chair there!

Someone mentioned hammocks earlier in the thread. At OKW walk past the main pool and keep walking. About 30 to 40 yards farther there are 3 or 4 hammocks strung. Hardly anyone goes there so you can just lay there in the quiet looking up at the blue sky and clouds. Supremely relaxing!

Crews Cup Lounge. I can order the rolls from Yachtsman and not have to dress up or make a reservation. :)

What are your places that are rarely talked about or out of the way, but are you go to places and a hidden gem for yourself.

TS I go with Grand Floridian Cafe. Very Good and Quiet Place with food that meets your higher end TS.

CS I go with Pizzarizzo. Its not much and rarely mentioned, But there Meatball Sub with pasta salad works everytime. Not as crowd and loud as the other CS either.
Surf Club at SSR
Grand Floridian Cafe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter