What would you tell a 1st timer to skip?

For me,

MK - country bears, speedway, stitch, tikis, treehouse, splash (I don't like to get wet)

AK - Kali, the entire Dino area other than dinosaur

DHS - would want to see everything here at least once.

Epcot - Ellen's energy, captain EO

Maybe if you don't have kids or have seen all the shows, HS could be a half day park. But according to the touring plan I've been working on and everything we want to do, it looks like it will be a full day for us.

The issue of whether HS is a half day park is actually a heavily debated topic on these message boards. Some insist it is a half day park, while others find plenty to do there. You are going to get plenty of opinions. All you can do is digest them, see how they apply to your family and do your best.

I personally would never tell a first-timer to skip anything. They need to experience it for themselves and see if they like it or not. What I would do is tell him/her what I like and don't like and my reasoning behind it and then leave it up to him/her.

I totally agree with this statement. Everyone has different likes and I would try it for yourself to see if you really like it. My family and I have eaten at a few restaurants that don't get very reviews but some of those are our favorites. I do read the reviews but try not to totally rule it out until I try it for myself! You may have a great experience with something that someone else had a horrible experience with. Hope you have a great trip!!

One thing you'll learn is that everything is someone's favorite attraction, and everything is someone's most hated attraction. You're going to have to figure out for yourself what suits you. Carousel of Progress is a great example. Some people love it as a campy bit of nostalgia. Others can't understand why on earth there's an attraction ostensibly about moving forward that has as its "future" things that are already in our past. I love Tower of Terror, but I couldn't get my wife on it on a dare. It's all relative, but the good news is that there's plenty for everyone at WDW.

I do, however, share the view of those that have pointed out that looking for things to skip is the wrong way to think of it. It looks like you're going to be there for 4.5 days of park time, and there is enough to see and do at WDW to occupy 4 times that much time, even if you weed out a few things. The better approach is to identify the things that you absolutely must do, prioritize those, and everything else is gravy.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter