• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you have been doing this weekend IF the Virus hadn't interfered?

Sat.night would have been spent out celebrating DD’s 18th Birthday . Family dinner at a restaurant with her boyfriend included . Sunday we would have visited open house at one of the university’s she has applied too. Instead we had a quite dinner at home with no boyfriend . No university visit .

We would've went to Vegas with our friends to celebrate my hubby's birthday which is this upcoming week. Our friend porch dropped a chocolate birthday cake for him today instead. :love:

I would have been on the Disney Dream. Today, Sunday, would have been Castaway Cay day. Spring break was supposed to start at 10:50am on Thursday - kids were supposed to have a half day of school for mid-term exams and we were heading to the airport shortly after they got home. We had reservations at the MCO Hyatt for Thursday night and were taking a Disney bus to the port on Friday morning. After a 3 night cruise, we were heading to WDW for the rest of the week ... it was my daughter’s senior spring break and we let her choose the vacation. :(

We were supposed to go to a volleyball tournament about 4 hours away. We would have left early Friday and returned late Sunday. We were excited because this year the age groups worked out so that middle DD would have played late afternoon and evening and younger DD would have played morning and early afternoon. Most years we are juggling trying to watch both of them. The rest of the season has been cancelled. It’s a very minor thing compared to what so many are going through, but very disappointing.

Would’ve been visiting SO’s family in Reno, then headed up to visit my girlfriends. Disappointing as I usually never have work off to go and visit them, but I’m trying to look positive and imagine how amazing it’ll be to see them once everything is over :)

DH and the boys would have been camping with Cub Scouts. I would have been splitting my weekend between both daughters- one at a colorguard competition, the other a camporee with Sxcouts BSA.

We were scheduled to leave for Africa on March 26. I would have been on the chobe river on the Zambezi Queen. We are already signed up for 2021 instead.

We were scheduled for a soccer game each day. One was scheduled for in-town, the other about 4 hours away. Spring is usually our busiest time of the year with soccer, lacrosse, and competitive dance. It is really strange being at home with no activities planned. It has allowed us to spend more time with each other and missing activities is not even a consideration compared to what some are going through. I am glad we live in an area where we can go outside and easily maintain social distancing.

Celebrating my birthday with DH and our best friends on our first trip away from the kids (and our first couples trip) in 10 years. :(

Friday we would have celebrated my niece's 12th birthday then yesterday we would have spent at a dance competition for my DD11

Our pastor was to have been installed as district superintendent and we were going to the ceremony. It has been postponed.

We were planning on celebrating our 25th anniversary with a party on Sunday. We had tickets to see Preacher Lawson on Friday. Saturday- play and stay with other dogs and owners, and a local production of Little shop of horrors in the evening.

This past weekend was supposed to be in New Orleans for our friend's 50th birthday.

This afternoon, we were scheduled to fly to Fort Myers for our annual spring break trip to visit with my MIL.

We would be at Magic Kingdom today. Would have arrived at WDW on Saturday. Hopefully we will be able to go in June or July.

We would have been (secretly) getting ready to fly to Orlando for a couple days at OKW, followed by a 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy.

The plan was to pick the (completely oblivious) kiddos from School mid-day on Thursday, fly them down to "see Grandma and Pop-Pop." Our youngest's birthday is on what was supposed to be our embarkation day, so we were going to tell them "We're going to the beach", then let them know "it'll take a few days to get to said beach" as we boarded the ship. I am happier than ever that this was a surprise.. they have no idea what they're missing.

So instead of a DCL cruise, its super-awesome socially isolated home-school time! Yay.. (Give me a few minutes, while I go cry in the corner).
(first-world problems, I know.. we are actually incredibly blessed to be healthy)

We would have celebrated at a family wedding yesterday and would be on our way to a Michael Buble concert right this very moment.

I really feel for people who have milestone moments happening (or NOT happening as it were) in the midst of this. Keep reminding my grumbling college student how lucky she is that she's not missing out on the culmination of her senior year of HS or college, that all of her college courses can continue in relatively on target facsimiles of the on campus classes and that she wasn't doing her student teaching when this blew up.

Your heart aches for those not getting to celebrate a new baby like they would have with family visiting, or watching their weddings get derailed -- or attempting to mourn a loved one without their nearest and dearest to lean on and cry with.

So grateful to be so fortunate so far.

I really feel for people who have milestone moments happening (or NOT happening as it were) in the midst of this. Keep reminding my grumbling college student how lucky she is that she's not missing out on the culmination of her senior year of HS or college, that all of her college courses can continue in relatively on target facsimiles of the on campus classes and that she wasn't doing her student teaching when this blew up.

Your heart aches for those not getting to celebrate a new baby like they would have with family visiting, or watching their weddings get derailed -- or attempting to mourn a loved one without their nearest and dearest to lean on and cry with.

So grateful to be so fortunate so far.
Our son's college graduation has been postponed, too. There are so many people missing out on so many things, little and big, that if I stopped to think about all of them, I'd be overwhelmed with sadness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter