What word mispronounced drives you crazy??

incomparable

It is not pronounced like compare, and for some reason I keep hearing it pronounced that way on TV. :scared:

Before we get too far, I want to point out that "aks" has been an acceptable pronunciation of "ask" since the 1600's, thank you very much.

Ask came from Axian or Ascian old English, never knew that but just looked it up bc you mentioned it hehe. Interesting, or is just easier to say and is not corrected at least nowadays? I don't know but you learn something new every day. And I probably would have said this was one mispronounced word that annoys me, saying ax or aks instead of ask hehe

Reese's Pieces.

The candy company was originating by a man with the last name of Reese. You ever call somebody named that "Re-see"?

Yes! This one drives me crazy!

Also -

ValenTIMES Day instead of Valentine’s Day

supposably - supposedly

melk - milk

crown - crayon

And the fastest way to determine whether or not someone is from our city is to hear the person pronounce our city’s name. There’s a distinct way that people who aren’t from here say the name of our city, & it’s a dead giveaway that they’re not local - which, I suppose, can probably be said for a number of cities.

What word mispronounced drives you crazy??

Actually I have a couple -ask pronounced axe is one of them the other is education pronounced ed-juh-cation

Before we get too far, I want to point out that "aks" has been an acceptable pronunciation of "ask" since the 1600's, thank you very much.
Source?

It's not a word mispronunciation, but a way of speaking that has become more common - skipping the T sound in the middle of words (T-glottalization). Button becomes buh'-on, mountain becomes moun'-in. It really makes me nuts.

Not sure if you watch Sister Wives, but one of the wives has a boy named Dayton and she is forever calling him Da-un and it drives me crazy every time I hear it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter